ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fao CF users.

Megane Mk4
On the subject of cheap cards.. I know a place that does 4Gb SDHC Ultra II for £14.99 and 8Gb SDHC High Speed Class 4 memory cards for £16.49

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=103778
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102843

Shops in Jersey, the only downside is they only take debit/credit cards and they charge £3.95 for basic postage, but I've had cards from them and I didn't have any problems from them. ( I ordered 3x 4Gb as I wasn't sure the Nikon D40 would accept 8Gb :eek: )

Last edited:
  Megane Mk4
Oh yeah.. I bought the cards september last year and haven't had problems, but I paid a little more for them then.

I'd still recomend though.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
as long as you have a reliable image recovery software "JUST INCASE" all should be fine.

I have a Lexar 4GB 300x UDMA..that went tits up on me once....it was probably a Friday card lol ( 1 of the best)

Megane Mk4
Nope, haven't got any recovery software :eek: ..

But I do have quite a few cards of various makes/sizes and I back up regular as I can..

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Matt...nothing wrong with big cards at all, just get into a good habit of... shooting what you need for say " a day" and then uploading asap.

Bad practice would be to use the card for 5 , 6 ,7 , 8 outings and waiting for it to fill up before uploading.

Dodgy one
I'l only buy from the shop a test was done a while ago and some of the cards weren't genuine and didnt read / write fast enough my 2gb one cost double that!

D

dick

that brings us back to you're mysterious job planetx....

are you not worried that you might get bumped off from seeing s**t top brass might not want you to see?
as its pretty common for scientists and engineers to die in "mysterious" circumstances.
My maths teacher was offered to go to work for the MoD, (he was headhunted), declined tho, for the forementioned reason!

and rich-6: my 4gb mymemory 133x, is comparable to leading brands speed wise, hence the reason i recommended them :)

LY 182 FF CUPPED
that brings us back to you're mysterious job planetx....

are you not worried that you might get bumped off from seeing s**t top brass might not want you to see?
as its pretty common for scientists and engineers to die in "mysterious" circumstances.
My maths teacher was offered to go to work for the MoD, (he was headhunted), declined tho, for the forementioned reason!

and rich-6: my 4gb mymemory 133x, is comparable to leading brands speed wise, hence the reason i recommended them :)

bit of a random one there!!!!...in a CF thread????