ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: Cisco/Network Guru's help needed!!!!!!!

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Hi guys i Have this network:
network.jpg

and I need to:

-On R3 advertise suitable summaries of the OSPF loopback interfaces into BGP.

So what are suitable summaries?
How do I advertise them?

-On R4 advertise loopback 0 into BGP and also inject a default route into the network.

Not a clue how to do this!

Any help with this commands wise, why you do it that way etc... would be greatly appreciated!

regards,
Chris.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
you doing ccna? i am just reading CCNA 3 so if you give me a minute i will look into helping you

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Cheers fella, erm more CCNP level at the moment which reminds me I have module tests to do :S, did CCNA last year. Cheers fella :) sat in the lab for an hour this evening afte configuring it all and just well, got stuck :(

Edit for CCNA, Scribd is a usefull sitre ;)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Oh yes BGP is CCNP isn't it, i do that after christmas.

Can you not take the routing table from R3 and advertise it using BGP across to R4, i have completely forgotten everything about OSPF!!!!

I will say i think i have bitten more than i can chew i am afraid, at first glance it looked fairly simple but looking properly it looks more difficult and very slightly like an assignment ;).

Can you not use the network 117.114.1.0/24 command whilst it BGP config mode to broadcast it to broadcast it to R3 and then use the default-information-originate to propagate it around the network. Maybe :S.

And for the summaries would you turn the several small subnets into one larger subnet for the purposes of the routing table to keep the routing table smaller.and then the router (r1) can have the exact table to send the frames to the correct interface. maybe again :S.

And thanks for the website i will look into it.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
Router 1 and 2 will send their loopback addresses from area 1 into area 0 using an OSPF type 3 summary LSA. This creates a summary route to all loopback interfaces in area 1.

Router 3 needs to be configured to redistribute all loopback addresses into BGP using a redistribute statement that is tied to a route map and prefix list. The prefix list should specify a single summarised route of all of the component loopback interfaces that exist in area 1 and area 0.

Router 4 requires BGP network statements to inject the router 4 loopback address and its local default route into BGP.

You will need to do plenty more than the instructions to get this to work in practice. You'll need BGP peer relationships, BGP sync disabled and other configuration aswell.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Router 1 and 2 will send their loopback addresses from area 1 into area 0 using an OSPF type 3 summary LSA. This creates a summary route to all loopback interfaces in area 1.

Router 3 needs to be configured to redistribute all loopback addresses into BGP using a redistribute statement that is tied to a route map and prefix list. The prefix list should specify a single summarised route of all of the component loopback interfaces that exist in area 1 and area 0.

Router 4 requires BGP network statements to inject the router 4 loopback address and its local default route into BGP.

You will need to do plenty more than the instructions to get this to work in practice. You'll need BGP peer relationships, BGP sync disabled and other configuration aswell.

Thanks for the input Pete! Just finished the assignment and did pretty much exactly what you've said, so it's nice to know I've done the right thing! Ended up wiping router3 config had some conflict somewhere but it all works now :)