ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Evil Ice or any1 who knows about ice

ive got all this sitting here ready to be wired up etc could someone just verify that this sounds ok i.e the amps arnt to powerful for my subs etc etc just wanting to check incase anything might need to go back, its the following:

All kenwood

kdcv7521 head unit

kfc p403 comps 170 watts peak - 50 watts rms

kfc 6989ie 6x9s 280 watts peak - 70 watts rms

2 kfc w2505 10" subs 600 watts peak - 150 watts rms

kac 849 amp 4 ch 4 x 50 @ 4ohm - 4 x 75 @ 2 ohm

kac 7201 amp 2 ch 2 x 150 @ 4 ohm - 2 x 230 @ 2 ohm

i was goin to run all the speakers off the 849 and run the 2 subs off 7201, does this sound right? i feckin hope so i cant be bothered sending any of the amps back.

thanks alot, advice would be much appreciated

Tony

350z & 16v Maxi

Tiger buddy? Where did you get all your stuff from?

The only thing i would say is with the 6x9s, they wont sound good with the sub in the boot. Also once youve got it installed you can pop down to the shop and ill set it up for you if you want.

Colin

alymac - thats the plan

cliojohn - i keep hearing folk saying that but ive heard installs with both 6x9s and subs and they sounded ok, ill see what its like and if its right enough and it sounds sh*t, ill lob them

colin_s- again ill see what its like when its installed, what shop are you at, cos what im doin is gettin it all in place, my dads making me an install with perspex and all the rest of it, but im just gonny put it all in place and get dp motorsport to wire it all for as i dont have a scooby how to do it, do you do wiring up too, if so how much to do all that and include suitable wiring kits?

cheers

i got the 2 amps and subs from alpha car audio, (very cheap) and the 6x9s and comps from car elecs limited and the head unit from mcs direct

Sounds ok to me. As has been said you wont get very good sound quality if you put 6x9s on the shelf with the sub in the boot. However you could build them into the rear quarters easily enough which will eliminate the problem. That depends if you fancy playing around with your Williams interior though.

Russ

hehe, cheers for the replys i just need to get some one to wire it now, dp said 50 quid if i supply the lot.

nice one! maybe he might do me a wee discount being a fellow clio owner..... is that his black 16v that cuts about ayr with tints and 17s?

tiger, his clio is away getting a maxi bodykit put on.....forgot to say was at dundonald camp on saturday and a red clio with rollcage went by me, couldnt catch reg or that but def first time i had seen that

£50 is ecxellent value. Its pretty easy to do yourself but something niggly always happens and what should take 1 hour ends up taking 5. I was quoted £150 for similair install although that include wiring which i estimated to cost £50

350z & 16v Maxi

Tiger thats where i work, and ill do you it a bit cheaper. It wasnt me you spoke to.

As for wiring kits we do have them but you would be better just buying the stuff of the roll in the shop.

As for the black 16v with the tints, he is one of our customers with a PS2 and stuff fitted. It was sitting in our work shop for the past 2 weeks as he was having engine problems.

Mine should be back tomorrow.