ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAo ICE People, Technical, Amplifiers

TT 225

I need help re: my amp

I copied this from their website, and I have no idea what it means. Basically I have been running a Kicker 15" solo-baric off this amp - but now I have sold the sub Im looking to run either 2 10" or 2 12" subs instead. Ive been reading the last few posts on here re Amps, RMS values etc. but dont understand much of it. I know Peak power means very little and always look for the RMS rating on subs

What i need to know is:

What are the most powerful subs (RMS value) I can run from this amp? Im not looking for loudness anymore, more Sound Quality.

Anyway - Spec of my Amp http://www.saxosportsclub.com/forum/images/suprised.gif

2 Channel

Power stereo 4 ohm /RMS -11 V 220W x 2

Power stereo 4 ohm /RMS -14.4 V 220W x 2

Power 2 ohm /RMS 365Wx2

mono power 4 ohm /RMS 730Wx2

Overall efficiency/max power 4 ohm-11V >60%

Overall efficiency/max power 4 ohm-14.4V>60%

Frequency response / -3 dB 20-60.000 Hz

Distortion/ (THD) stereo 4 ohm max power< 0,05% @ 1 kHz

Intermod.
Distortion 4 ohm max pow. DIM 100 < 0,01%

Linear noise-signal/ min sens.
("À" weight) >90(>95) dB

Damping factor/ 4 ohm - 1 kHz >500

Input sensitivity/RMS 0.15-3.5 V

Input impedance >11 K ohm
Power Supply 10.5-16 V

Max power current 4 ohm 57 A

Fuse 60 A

??

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i normally match up rms values

it seems to work and gives good results

2 Channel

Power stereo 4 ohm /RMS -11 V 220W x 2

Power stereo 4 ohm /RMS -14.4 V 220W x 2

Power 2 ohm /RMS 365Wx2

mono power 4 ohm /RMS 730Wx2

depending on the spec of the sub, i cant see any problems running 2x10/12s - by the looks of things the amp is designed to run 2xsubs anyway

Hi Kelly

Well you can ignore most of the things in the list. Basically you can run 2x Dual 4ohm subs that are between 400 and 500 watts RMS or as you say you are going for sound quality, you could go for 1 sub of around 800watts RMS but it would have to be a single 4ohm voicecoil. Are you sure it says 2x 730 watts at 4ohm mono or should that have been 1x730. Do you know the make and model of the amp?

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

You could run 2 subs if you can switch both of the channels to mono.

If you want to bridge the channels and run 2 subs it will need to be 4ohm stable bridgable.

To Bridge the channels to to take the + from one channel and - from the other. This is usually marked out on the speaker terminals. Some amps cant be bridged.

TT 225

Hi, the Amp is a Steg 220.2x and it says on the website 730w x 2 at the 4 ohm mono

I have no idea what im talking about, LOL.

I dont know much about the Steg amps to be honest. They might run down to 1.5ohm but i couldnt say if it would be stable...probably not.

If it is indeed 2x760watts at 4ohm mono then that is a very nice amp. ..on par or better than the dual mono genesis amp in fact. As long as those figures are correct you would be able to run 2 single voicecoil 4ohm subs with around 800watts RMS each off it...tasty. If you are looking foe some subs then i could recommend a couple that would fit your amp perfectly.

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

350z & 16v Maxi

I just cant see that 2x760 watts being right or it would be sold as a dual mno amp. That is so much better than what it is sold at 2x220

Also how would you switch from 2x220 to 2x760 ? Normally you would just bridge out the 2x220 2 ohm stable to 1x760 4 ohm stable. Personally i think it is a 1x760 and a miss print on the web page.

I think it probably is too Colin. Its only a 2channel amp so thers no way you can can connect it up to double the power seeing as theres nowhere to bridge it...unless the rules of science have changed since i last looked.

Kelly - if we lost you in amongst this, sorry about that but i think you would be better going for 2x dual 4ohm 12" subs of around 400watts RMS each.

What does everyone else think?

350z & 16v Maxi

Yea i agree with you or try two dual 6 ohms as well depending on how stable it is at 2 ohms. Running at 3 ohms would probably be battery for the battery, power cable and heat from the amp especially if it is mounted here the wheat cant get out all that well.