ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Jay172 any RTE - SatNav

Guys, quick question - renault being as unhelpful as ever about stuff... my 172 battery ran down whilst its been taking a snooze in the garage and the satnav screen isnt coming up now.... the backlights on the button panel infront just flash and renault are just saying to bring it in on friday for and RTE probably to just um and ah about it and then tell me itll be another few weeks..... so....

Any ideas guys? is there a reset that needs doing cos the battery ran down? I must say I did try and start it and it might have come on breifly but I dont honestly remember, then since recharging the battery it dont wanna know... it just flashes sorrowfully at me :( lol

yup, done mate - no joy...... I think its sulking cos its been in the garage and not let out to terrorise the locals hehehehe

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

lol, could be a relay ? silly question but have u checked the constructions lol

LoL what instructions???? ya dont get any with it lol, well nothing techincal anyway hehehe

Ive yet to re-install dialogys and read the tech note on it but I aint got round to it yet.

But surely it wouldnt just not fire up the screen if it had only lost the language setting?

LOL I cant move it to exterior - its in the right place, but Im pmd Jay ;-)

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 30 June 2004

But surely it wouldnt just not fire up the screen if it had only lost the language setting?

LOL I cant move it to exterior - its in the right place, but Im pmd Jay ;-)
well stick your language cd in and find out :p

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the sat nav computer is very sensitive to voltage changes. eg-if you immediatly disconnect the battery after switching off the sat nav it locks up the computer (you switch it off,leave it for 10 mins and then disconnect the battery). maybe the flat battery and then attempting to start it has locked the computer. there isnt really a deal you can do with it as even if the sat nav is off the screen should still come on because its used for the radio display and clock. Most of the sat nav equipment is very expensive and is covered for all 3 years of warranty.ill have a look through the manual at work to see if there is any reset procedures etc but i dont think there is.

a few questions:-

1,does it accept the map or language cd?

2,have you checked all fuses?

3,does the red light on the cd drive light up?

Tom-there should be more pages of the chart. there will be another chart starting with point A.

[Edited by JAY172 on 01 July 2004 at 7:02pm]