ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Jeremy Townsend

Clio 1.6 16V

Hi Jeremy,

I currently have a Mar 2003 1.6 Clio Dynamique. I have had the whole sunroof assembly replaced by my dealer (Glenvarigill, Dunfermline ... excellent daeler BTW). They have done their utmost to solve the problem, but it is still " creaking" under normal operation. Apart from this I am really enjoying this car. However I hear many reports of this problem on the Cliosport forum. Are there any known fixes for this? I am seriously contemplting whether to buy another Clio in the future, because of thes rattles and creaks (BTW Ive had 6 previous enjoyable Clios in the past, 1999 onwards without as many problems). My 172 is an exception, probably because it doesnt have a sunroof. There is only ony one rattle on the dash which is tolorable. But then I would expect this being a "raw" sport derivative with harder suspension etc! Sorry to put you up aginst the wall on this one ... but would welcome your opinions/advice?

There are some technical notes on sunroof modifications. To check that theyve done them give our Customer Services a call on 0800 072 33 72. They can go through it with the Dealer to ensure its all been done correctly.