ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Justin Lotus Evora S!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
s.com%2Fnimg%2F22411%2Ftn_sfront-L.jpg&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pistonheads.co.uk%2Fgassing%2Ftopic.jpg

ds.com%2Fnimg%2F22411%2Ftn_srear-L.jpg&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pistonheads.co.uk%2Fgassing%2Ftopic.jpg

.com%2Fnimg%2F22411%2Ftn_spaddle-L.jpg&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pistonheads.co.uk%2Fgassing%2Ftopic.jpg

ds.com%2Fnimg%2F22411%2Ftn_sauto-L.jpg&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pistonheads.co.uk%2Fgassing%2Ftopic.jpg

The Lotus PR team has taken a deep breath and/or counted to 10, and settled down to write a considered press release about the new Evora S and its automatic cousin the IPS. So this morning we can share a few more 'official' details about a pair of cars that will be launched at the Paris motor show at the start of October, and which are interesting for very different reasons. Most obviously up PH's street is the Evora S, which gets a power-hike to 345hp, and a sport pack as standard.

This features a 'sport' button which allows the driver to quicken the throttle response and simultaneously activate an exhaust by-pass valve - presumably making it the Lotus of choice for tunnel runners. The sport button also raises the rev limit and changes the dynamic stability control settings resulting in a total experience change, says Lotus.

You'll also get cross-drilled brakes for improved cooling, and an exhaust that looks different to the standard car. Or as the Lotus press release puts it: "And here's a heads up for those who buy into the old adage 'you can tell the men from the boys by the size of their toys': the external emotion of the Evora S has been improved with a completely new active exhaust which means that at the push of a button the car sounds just as dramatic as it feels." The Paris show will also witness the launch of the Evora IPS (Intelligent Precision Shift) option. Which means the Evora gets an automatic 6-speed gearbox with Lotus developed transmission control attached to the standard 276hp V6.

The IPS version of the Evora allows the driver to switch between manual paddle shift and automatic drive modes, says Lotus, and the driver also has the option of selecting 'sport' mode.
"The Evora IPS is set to broaden the appeal of the Evora and reach out to a slightly different market.

We hope it will be popular with established automatic locations such as Asia, the Middle East and the US. It's been a long time since Lotus created an automatic and we've spent a great deal of time refining this one to make sure that it perfectly complements the Evora drive experience," says Lotus boss Dany Bahar. And who knows, he could be right...

Yeah got this through the emails earlier on. Must admit I'm not overly keen on the diffuser or single exhaust. Really like the wheels, although tyres for 20" wheels aren't going to be cheap.

Apparently when it goes on sale, Lotus will be offering current owners a SC upgrade kit for around £8k

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I love the diffuser!

Looks purposeful! And serves a purpose!

Should have pictured it in a better colour though!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That's got to be tempting to supercharge yours if they're still retaining the warranty!

Also, those wheels would look good on yours. Best of both then... manual and no silly diffuser.

That's got to be tempting to supercharge yours if they're still retaining the warranty!

Also, those wheels would look good on yours. Best of both then... manual and no silly diffuser.

Aye, I'd rather have mine, with the new wheels and aftermarket SC, than the new one with the funny diffuser.

Saying that, 8k is a serious wedge of cash.. Which I dont have! LOL

DCi 100
I probably wouldn't supercharge it if I was you Justin. The whole reason behind getting it was to 'settle down' in a way. :)

I guess your on the beach again?

Turbos.
I like it. Diffuser probably doesn't suit the rest of the car though, a bit too aggressive. Think they've been spying on us!

P1070424.jpg

You're right, it's not low enough to be functional, as the air can't be managed.