ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Mike@rentech

how many bolts to get it off? Is there anything else i'd need to worry about when removing/refitting?

Also do the bolts have torque settings? As i'd not want to overtighten, or undertighten the bolts.

Cheers

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
If i remember...

airbox 90 degree plastic elbow needs removing from the throttle body. 1 jubille clip
coil pack off - 4 screws
vvt-sensor - left hand side, unclip this
8 hex-bolts along the front of the plenum, undo these...

Not sure if the are torqued. When I took mine off I simply did them back up nice and tight using how hard it was to remove them as an accurate idea.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Well if you do the fuel rail protector at the same time and it would look spanking :)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
No probs mate, As you lift the bonnet up you see the 4 branches of the plenum come towards you. Where the disappear into the front of the engine, right in front of where the bonnet catch is, is a piece of alloy around 6inches wide and has 4 holes drilled in along the front. There are 2 nuts in here which you can undo with a socket and then remove the fuel rail protector.

When its removed you can see where the plenum attaches to the inlet manifold and you can see the fuel rail running along the front of the engine.

The fuel rail protector is there to stop the fuel rail collapsing under a front end impact.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I've noticed in Mikes picture he has removed his fuel rail protector, so if you compare your under bonnet to his under bonnet - its the bit thats missing form the picture :D

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Yup its alloy so will polish up. Some guy on here gave instructions on how to do it, what grade of paper to use etc and how to get a decent finish so have a quick search for it.

I'd polish the plenum, polish the fuel rail protector and paint the cam cover :)

Volvo S60 T5
I had the plenum professionally polished, the rest I done myself.
DO NOT TAKE the cam cover off (the bit under the manifold), as it holds the cams in and you cant take it off without stripping down the cambelt and so on.

I gas flowed my head hence painting the cover as it was all in bits.

Clio 172 mk2
That engine does look very nice Mike

Does removing the fuel rail cover make it any easier to get to the oil filter for changing it?

Mike@Rentech said:
I had the plenum professionally polished, the rest I done myself.
DO NOT TAKE the cam cover off (the bit under the manifold), as it holds the cams in and you cant take it off without stripping down the cambelt and so on.

I gas flowed my head hence painting the cover as it was all in bits.

thanks mike.

is it possible to paint it while its on the car still then?