ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO-mike172sport

Volvo S60 T5

Hi Jay

The k-tec zorst was easy as foork to fit, its a bit boomy, but sounds lovely.

seem a bit more responsive to, and the wife is asking "why does everyone look at the car!"

Hey Jay when u up watford next?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

cheers for that mate.i am thinking of getting one but people were telling me they are a poor fit but yours was ok-yes? dont know when im up watford next,my last 2 rte updates have been at doncaster. is that where youve got your test or a course?

Volvo S60 T5

Yeah, im up watford on the 12th jan for a test.

As to the fit on the k-tec, its fine until I load up the boot with loads of shopping, it does tap against the axle a little, Im gona sort it on saturday only needs a bit of adjustment, but without shopping and extra weight its fine. It does take a bit of getting used to sound wise, but now I dont notice it.

I will be using the 172 as transport, sod getting a company 1.2 clio (no offence to anyone with a 1.2) or even worse a bloody 1.4 megane 2..yuk horrible car with 0 to 60 in 5 days

;)

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Jay,

I had a K-tec system fitted to my 172 just the other week. They fitted it so knew what they were up to ... but Ive got no knocks or bangs out of it since so seems to fit perfectly.

Car is deffo more responsive and nice and throaty sounding. 4krpm in 5th on the motorway shakes your brain a bit tho!

Only worrying thing is that my young boy-racer next door neighbour complimented me on my new exhaust. Hes got a slammed, tinted, Corsa SXi with the biggest exhaust Ive ever seen. Looks like hes car has been photoshopped its so big ... so seems like Im on a slippery slope ;)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

as long as its quiter than mine then thats ok.just wanted to check about the fitting cos theres nowt worse than paying loads for an exhaust and it fits crap.i was lucky last time there was no loan car clios left so i got a sales laguna 2.2dci-lovely.i think the bloke that might do your testing is graeme,he used to be an rte at my place and is sound enough.tests are easy enough mainly memory/intelligence tests good luck with it anyway.

cheers

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by andydean on 05 January 2004

Jay,

I had a K-tec system fitted to my 172 just the other week. They fitted it so knew what they were up to ... but Ive got no knocks or bangs out of it since so seems to fit perfectly.

Car is deffo more responsive and nice and throaty sounding. 4krpm in 5th on the motorway shakes your brain a bit tho!

Only worrying thing is that my young boy-racer next door neighbour complimented me on my new exhaust. Hes got a slammed, tinted, Corsa SXi with the biggest exhaust Ive ever seen. Looks like hes car has been photoshopped its so big ... so seems like Im on a slippery slope ;)

<SCRIPT language=javascript>

cheers mate.what tailpipe did you have?

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

I had their brand new tailpipe option. Wide and flat ... possible the K6 on their tail-pipe options page at http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=356http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=356# . Theyd just got them in and so mine was first fitted but ...

... whilst I think the tailpipe looks absolutely great since the low wide stainless tailpipe matches my low wide silver Clio ... http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1073339635__Exhaust.jpg

... Im changing it for a "classic" twin 3 next week. Why? Well the tailpipes on the twin 3 are silenced and so will "slightly" reduce the volume.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Apologies for hi-jacking your "mano a mano" thread ... and since I dont know how to move it to Jays other "exhaust" thread ...

Mike, what tailpipe option did you have?

Probably going to have the the twin 3 added, find its no different sound wise, and then mourn the loss of my cool wide exhaust :confused:

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

mike had the twin 3 inch mate.he started a post about it before. hijack all you want mate,grateful for anybodys input.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

eh up mike.has your exhaust got a centre section? did you need to fit an extra mount or does it just use the original mounts? cheers mate.

Volvo S60 T5

Hi Jay

My exhaust has no centre section, just straight into the back box, fitted using original mounts, all went up very easy indeed.

;)