ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO - Nick Read

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Hi Nick,

Just curious, but what is the rated HP at your wheels.

Im playing around with a bit of software...wanna see if its right.

car weight = 2550lbs
q/mile time = 14.8s
q/mile speed = 91mph

it says your hp is 155 at the wheels

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Its called R.A.C.E. Systems Automotive Performance Calculator

the actual file is called PerfCalc.exe

gimme your email address and Ill send it over

Williams 2, STi N12

I think I am correct in saying that the captain has a spreadsheet already done for this kind of predictions.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Anders, Yep, I think the good Captain has got a spreadsheet to do the same job. I was trying to see how acurate the program I had was. I think the result is power at the wheels.

Ive added some other DOS based programs which I either havent tried yet or dont work properly under XP.

The one, CarTest seems to be pretty good as it requires loads of info, including gear ratios, drive wheels, aspiration etc and from that you can have a virtual drag race with any of the cars pre-entered into the system or you can add your own...might prove interesting what it shows with regard to the 16V, Willy, 172 and V6. I cant get it to work under XP because as soon as I start the drag race it blanks the screen.

BMW 320d Sport

Dont know about imperial measures, thats like going through a hundred year timewarp for me! Anyway my car has a kerb weight of about 985kg, then when you add myself as well that takes it up to probably 1075kg.

155bhp at the wheels isnt too shabby though...ive been fiddling with the wiring of the nitrous and found a problem which Ive now fixed so should be able to put out a lot more now.

most of the timer software packs are at the flywheel...

work out a 172 at 2600 Lbs, and 172 bhp

think ya will find about 14.4 - 14.6

and we know that is certainly possible...

Joe.