ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: pigme1000000

yes, its quick, but moving a maestro through the front wheels to 60mpg isnt exactly easy, id put money on just under 5 to 60, but pulling hard through the gears

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by rnash2002 on 04 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Tom20v on 04 April 2005

WTF?!

Why are you lot comparing that maestro to the 172?

The maestro has had alot more work done to it! Fools
I put the link to that because sombody on here said that you couldnt get a sub 4 sec car thats fwd,only 4wd or rwd,the maestro is very close to it FOOL.
So where does it say it does 0-60 in under 4 secs?

Oh and pigme - Im sure it will be very quick!

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 04 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 04 April 2005

Bet it goes like stink. Would be interesting to see it against Nicks and Matt on the 1/4 mile

Be interesting to see what ??? ........................it get beat :devilish:

0 - 60 In sub 4 sec is a bit generous.

Still im sure its pretty nippy
Hey mate whats you motor do a 1/4 mile in??

17 sec @ 85 - its well fast

lol, guess well just have to wait for pigme to get his finished and test it down the strip, without it melting down

lmao @ matt

Quote: Originally posted by Jim172CUP on 04 April 2005

It might just be a dream and is quoting paper figures.

Sub 4s needs Rwd-4wd. Cant see a front engined, front drive car getting that time.
Try ANRS maestro fwd front engined car;)

http://www.an-racing.com/Maestro.htmlhttp://www.an-racing.com/Maestro.html

http://www.beardmorebros.co.uk/website%20pages/reliant_kitten.htmhttp://www.beardmorebros.co.uk/website%20pages/reliant_kitten.htm
That reliant ROCKS !!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 05 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 04 April 2005

Bet it goes like stink. Would be interesting to see it against Nicks and Matt on the 1/4 mile

Be interesting to see what ??? ........................it get beat :devilish:

0 - 60 In sub 4 sec is a bit generous.

Still im sure its pretty nippy
Hey mate whats you motor do a 1/4 mile in??

17 sec @ 85 - its well fast
So you dont like telling people what you 1/4 mile times are then,i would have a guess at about high 13s to low 14s

in a 280bhp VAG engined clio? which has previously run mid 13s with only nitrous as a mod the a f4r engine :confused:

low 13s to mid 12s is quite possible with that engine/box combination

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Think he wa running 13s in the wet!

Whats that thing gunna be like in the dry with traction!

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 07 April 2005

low 13s to mid 12s is quite possible with that engine/box combination

How would you know???

Qtr miling is a VERY bad way of judging anyones car IMO. The time is affected by :

Driver, Tyres, Raining, Dry, Track surface, Accuracy of timing gear.....

The list goes on. Surely a better comparison of BBs, K-Tecs, anyone elses turbo etc etc etc would be to thrap the nuts off them for two days at an airfield doing circuits etc, kind of like an endurance test.

well he run a 13.8 @ 109mph in the wet and still spinning at 80mph, which is not a bad effort

everyone on the same day was running around 1 second slower than their best times

seems quite clear to me that this will be low 13s high 12s in the dry

yes, id put my money on the VAG group engines lasting far longer than the k-tec or bbpt f4r turbo units

as for it being a bad was to judge performance, i disagree, its an excellent way to push the car in a straight line, everything you listed, will also have a major affect on the durability on track, if not more so than the 1/4 miling

the turbo conversions are designed for power output, they have no bearing on handling, so IMHO 1/4 miling is where the pub bragging rights will be won and lost

How can you quote that the VAG engine will out last the K-tec and BB efforts without seeing or driving or owning any of them???

Qtr miling is a pants way of comparing a conversion(s) on a vehicle. All the factors I listed above would be out of BB/K-tec etc etc etc control so is it fair to them if their car gets a sh*t time because of things that where beyond their control? £10 says alot of people on Renault forums across the land would immediatly jump on the slating bandwagon based purely on one bad time.

Pub bragging about qtr miling is no good because the car has blown up again. Better to have useable power that is also reliable.

Rather then compare the cars time around a track (where handling obviously becomes a factor) run all the cars flat out and see which expires first........

hmmmm VAG engine that we all know is extremely reliable, compared to a F4R Turbo, which even in standard trim, is pretty unreliable

you really think either of these people are likely to run their car into the ground, just to prove to you which one detonates 1st?

i know the TT engine is very useable and very reliable, cant comment on the F4R turbo, as, as you say, ive not driven one, but if it retains the same characteristics of the engine in N/A form, it will be ridiculous when the VVT is introduced, no control over power delivery IMHO

as for pub bragging about the 1/4 mile times, quickest clio in the club is Nick Read with his BBPT 16v Turbo, he has the rights to brag, as no-one is close to him yet, however it would seem his car spends as much time in a garage as it does on the roads, does this make any difference to him? nope, he owns the quickest clio, thats good enough for him

as for slating companies, i openly admit to slating k-tec, ive had bad experiences with them, therefore feel the need to advise people of the possible issues, david @ k-tec has spoken to me with regards to this, and appreciated my honesty when i told him my reasons, never had any problems with BBPT, yes a slow 1/4 mile time will lead to some bad reports, but at the end of the day, peopel are doing the conversion to make ther car quick, and it needs to be up their with the best

Yes, but HOW do you know the VAG engine is reliable? Its a petrol engine just like any other so basic prinicples still apply to the VAG engine as apply to any other petrol engine (ie, too much boost, insufficent fuelling, not enough water circulation and BANG!).

Any old chump can add a bleed valve and blow it up, then report on a forum that its unreliable (5 turbo stigmata anyone???), but by the same token a guy can also pootle around on one and do about 100 miles a month, quick blat once every now and again at the qtr and have no problems. So who is correct? Just because its come from Germany, it does not necessarily make it bullet proof.......

How do you know there will be no control over power delivery? do you have in depth technical experience with turbo charger and engine management systems? What about chassis setups and balancing? VVT is used largely to help regulate idle and pull away revs, its pretty much non existant past 3k.

Im not saying that a TT powered Clio wont be fast, it will, any chump can see that. But its not all about numbers is it? Its how it drives on the road.

audi S3

all B*LL*X 172 killer you have a good point hes stuck in a corner wth nothing to say 280 brake clio boring but if had 280 with the clio lump 18 or 20 16v then thats propper but anyone with the wright tools and a few friends can put a tt lump in. people on this website should stop bragging and get together and see who comes out the daddy bbtunning k-tec and GDI plus all thouse who think thay can put there money were there mouth :devilish: