ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: Taylor or someone who knows about boxes.

Astra coupe
Right, I'm building a stealth box for the boot of my pug and i need to get the box as shallow as possible. Now the woofers i'm looking have a recommended size of 0.15 ~ 0.5 cubic feet. It's an 8" woofer with a mounting depth of 2.5" But i need to find out what size it'd have to be to keep the depth as small as possible.

Thanks
Dean.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
as long as its not toutching it will be fine.. id cecoment at least an inch tho personally.. also try mpt tp have a square box

Afternoon,

You'll be able to get a small box made, but don't go to close to the back of the sub. I agree at minimum an inch, but possibly more. Don't worry about not making it square, not that you could in this situation.

If you make it (internal sizez) 12" x 12" x 3.5" you'll get 0.29 cu ft.
If you go to : 12 x 12 x 4.5 = 0.375
and 13 x 13 x 4.5 = 0.44

To work it out use your measurements in inches multiplyed by eachother then divide by 1728, this will give you your volume in cu ft.
i.e. Length x Width x Heigth / 1728

HTH

Gordon