ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show me your woofer's

I'm looking at improving the sound in my 172 and i'm considering an active subwoofer however i need the space (i've got a german shepherd that goes out in the car at the weekend. So either has to be easily removable or compact. I don't want anything too heavy either
I've got budget of around £100 give or take and i've been considering something slim for the boot or perhaps an underseat one ( although don't know what they sound like).
Here's what i've been thinking of getting
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BO8O9XQ/?tag=cliospnet01-21
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001LK8LMM/?tag=cliospnet01-21
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OE-AUDIO-...355?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a9df1e6db

What would people recommend?
Any pics of conservative size boot installs would be a great help.
I'm 33 so no max power builds please

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I've got an underseat sub, and would happily go for one again if I had to start over. Produces easily enough bass for moderate listening levels. Mine is an Alpine SWD-1600 which is quite old and looks like a Power Ranger's lunchbox, but hidden under the seat you never notice it (it's a good fit too). I'd recommend getting something newer though as the technology has moved on since, and you'll probably get something that performs a bit better.

No doubt someone will be along to say how terrible they are and you should have a 10110010101W boot build.

I've got an underseat sub, and would happily go for one again if I had to start over. Produces easily enough bass for moderate listening levels. Mine is an Alpine SWD-1600 which is quite old and looks like a Power Ranger's lunchbox, but hidden under the seat you never notice it (it's a good fit too). I'd recommend getting something newer though as the technology has moved on since, and you'll probably get something that performs a bit better.

No doubt someone will be along to say how terrible they are and you should have a 10110010101W boot build.
What type of music do you play. Predominantly I'm playing late 90's house and trance do you reckon an underseat one will be fine for something that is going to be quite punchy

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I listen to everything from 70s-80s right up to the present day, including a lot of Daft Punk etc. Plenty of beat.

If you crank it up to full belt, you're going to hit the limitations of the woofer. If you're not trying to make yourself deaf, you'll have plenty of bass to play with. Enough to be antisocial at any rate.

I listen to everything from 70s-80s right up to the present day, including a lot of Daft Punk etc. Plenty of beat.

If you crank it up to full belt, you're going to hit the limitations of the woofer. If you're not trying to make yourself deaf, you'll have plenty of bass to play with. Enough to be antisocial at any rate.

Champion just what i wanted to hear