ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fao those with aftermarket steering wheels/bosses

?
Just 6 little screws holding on your steering wheel? I've had mine fitted for 6months+ with no problems but now that I went to change the horn button (and needed to fit a ring with new screws) it got me thinking... how much should I tighten these up? I did them up as tight as I could by hand but i'm concious of overtightening... dont want them to snap and have no steering halfway through a bend!

Anyone ever had any problems or am I just bieng a big girl?

Megane 225
I have an OMP boss which comes in two pieces.A few weeks back a wobble had started in the steering. It turned out to be the bolts that hold the two pieces of the boss together had come loose somehow. Could be one to watch out for

S2 106 GTI
Just nip them up big girl ;-) nothing will happen as there are 6 holding the steering wheel on. No need to tighten then up so tight you can't undo them again

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
This is weird! Ive just got in my car and my screws wer lose! Not joking! Just had to tighten them up! I take back my big girl coment

?
;)

See what i mean! Did mine up, not too tight... but then again i am a strong lad and did mess one of the heads up on the screws lol. Also had to fit the retainer ring for the horn as it kept popping out, so it doesnt look at good :(

Oh well, least no more loose horn!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
You can put that on the underneath instead of the top yano
it felt wierd so i wobled it and could see it was loose, i was thonking im sure i comented on a thread about this last nite lol
just tightened mine up again, i think the coilovers making the car bounce has unscrewed them lol