ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Valver owners

2004 Racing Blue 182

I was thinkin the other day about how sometimes i love my valver, yet sometimes i hate it.

i love the speed and acceleration, i love the looks, and the handling, i especially love to sound of her when she comes on cam!

but on the other hand i hate the running costs, i hate the fact that they are sometimes mechanically unreliable, and i hate the rattles and noises i get from it on a cold morning!!

Does anyone else have a love-hate relationship with their valver???

-->NV

Vee dub

Its ALL love with mine! :D

I realise they can be expensive to fix and run but what a car!

I have owned mine for around 6 months now. Had one service so far.

Absoloutely love it.

Tom

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Love the looks sound etc.. bla bla bla hate every single rattle its managaed to pick up over the last year - it gets on my tits, sick to death of holding and tightening stuff to see where its coming from!

hate the fact ive spent over a grand on repairs and new belts, services and havnt got round to spending any money on the rust and dents and generally making it how i want it to look.

I love my valver to bits, it runs like a dream and nothings gone wrong yet (touch wood!). Although there are a few things i really need to sort out like cambelt change, new hoses, water pump

Im really want some engine work done soon , flowed head and cams and hopefully chipped but im saving for it so i can do it all at once...

the only things i hate about it is the bloody noisy power steering!

And it likes to go sideways round roundabouts even when im going really slowly :S (which is like sometimes but not every bloody corner )

LY 200

I love mine but sometimes get bored with it and want summin diffo!!!

The rattles come with the age of the car and i think they are fairly reliable cars if looked after properly!!!

Naples 16v

Dont know what it is with my valver but Im sure its not as accelleratey as it was, but yeh know where your coming from and I think you would feel it with any car, but theyre not valvers!!

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by domn8 on 29 January 2005

Dont know what it is with my valver but Im sure its not as accelleratey as it was, but yeh know where your coming from and I think you would feel it with any car, but theyre not valvers!!
Sometimes my Valver fells rapido, sometimes it feels slow!!!

I love driving my valver. It always puts a smile on my face, and the noise from the magnex and K&N just sounds so good!! Never heard another car like it!

Despite all this, the cost of running and bills when it goes wrong is starting to get on my nerves (not to mention the leaking sunroof!), so i might sell up soon. Just bought myself a punto GT!!!

megane coupe F7R

The Valver. Its a beast of a car and i love it. The Valver noise is what i love about it, its probably one of the best sounding hatches out there. If you dont want a car that rattles then you dont buy FRENCH! If you want a hot hatch that goes like sh*t off a shovel and handles like its on rails then you do buy FRENCH!( A Valver). Its one of those cars that you just have to nail it everywhere. The only car i would change it for is a Williams.

mine is more of a love relationship than hate atm, even though the engine blew up from day 1. Id say 90% love 10% hate. Im finally sorting out all the niggles and have only got the brakes and wheel bearing to do. Then, touch wood, I can run it for the next few years without problems (yeah right!)

The only problem i have with the car is the stress factor when driving it! like "omg whats that sound? *turns down radio*, omg where has that rattle come from! why is the water temp so high? is it leaking water again?!". Especially as you say NaplesValver, on a cold morning when it sounds like a bleedin diesel!

I LOVE the looks, speed, handling and comfort

HATE the STRESS! having to check water levels every time i go for a drive.

But i think if we all think about it, its just plain awesome :D Pros completely outweigh the cons imo.

Naples 16v

Quote: Originally posted by Si Griffiths on 30 January 2005

mine is more of a love relationship than hate atm, even though the engine blew up from day 1. Id say 90% love 10% hate. Im finally sorting out all the niggles and have only got the brakes and wheel bearing to do. Then, touch wood, I can run it for the next few years without problems (yeah right!)

The only problem i have with the car is the stress factor when driving it! like "omg whats that sound? *turns down radio*, omg where has that rattle come from! why is the water temp so high? is it leaking water again?!". Especially as you say NaplesValver, on a cold morning when it sounds like a bleedin diesel!

I LOVE the looks, speed, handling and comfort

HATE the STRESS! having to check water levels every time i go for a drive.

But i think if we all think about it, its just plain awesome :D Pros completely outweigh the cons imo.
This sums it up mate! couldnt agree more

2004 Racing Blue 182

i agree. im glad i posted this thread, it reasures me that i am not the only one with mixed feelings towards the car, and not the only one wioth problems!

i had my cambelt and fanbelt done about 3 months ago and the fanbelt is squeekin again, so i rang them up and he said fetch it in and hell get it on the ramps and sort it, and chuck in a halfprice service for me whilst he it at it!

magic!!!!

i have been blattin around east yorkshires country roads this weekend, such a good corner taker even on the original setup!!!

im in 2 minds now whether to get tid of it for something cheap or stick it out for a little longer!

oh and how do u fix a squeeky sunroof???

-->NV

2004 Racing Blue 182

how do u mean mate???

i sold one about 12 months ago and missed it like mad, got another, but this isnt as good as the first!

-->NV

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Ive loved mine for 9 months, in the past 3 months things just keep going wrong though, sunroofs leaking like a b*****d at the moment, and yesterday doing about 80mph on the m69 something decided to come off the car - looked like a round rubber thing, about 8 inches across. Not entirely sure what it was, everything seems to be in order!

clio 16v

yeah apart from my leaking sunroof, its all love. Thank god for Gaffer tape, must get it sorted soon though......

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by NaplesValver on 31 January 2005

how do u mean mate???

i sold one about 12 months ago and missed it like mad, got another, but this isnt as good as the first!

-->NV
I miss mine like mad!

Test drove another and it just wasnt the same. didnt seem anywhere near as quick either?!

2004 Racing Blue 182

oh my orig was in better condition, it drove better, sounded better, but was defo not as quick as this monster, this thing feels like it just keeps pulling and pulling!!!

-->NV

Im both ways about mine, one week i love it!.....the next im looking for a new car!!!

Its just not reliable!!!....over xmas the clutch was on its way out and the engine was making a strange noise! Took it to the garage.....£900 later it came out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turns out the alternater, clutch and water pipes all needed changing!!

......and now i think the gear box is on its way out! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

But I suppose ONCE u get these main things changed (clutch, alternater, cam belt and gear box) thats the worst cost factor over......?????....i hope!

I cant sell it tho....spent so much money on it, and not just on repairs! Its got a nice new paint job, new (expensive) suspension, and ive worked so hard on the interior!

......i might just put it of road for a while.

Andy.

The Jinx

I can see me getting rid in 12 months. Having driven a new courtesy car since last tuesday, Im beginning to see the benefits of having a newer car. Maybe not brand new but late 90s early 00s.

You gotta love the noise though eh?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

^^^ Agree! im so not happy with how she looks at the moment i refuse to let her go till ive got her looking prim and proper!

Mines running fine now actually - in need of a good service though, but nothings on its way out that i know of - done all the belts last year and i actually thing the sunroofs stopped leaking!

The one thing that annoys me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much is the damn rattles! most are my fault though, ive created so many of them ripping the dash and doors apart replacing bulbs etc..

how do you tighten a rattly passenger seat?!?!

how shes a fast as f**k example - the others i drove mights aswell have been rts!