ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAQ: LEE F1 2011

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
hi lee

any news or updates with the new game?

how will you use kers and movable rear wings with the controller already full?

thanks

Lee

BMW M2C
Can't say anything yet. It's coming along nicely though. Especially the areas I'm working on, which I was far from happy with in 2010. We're doing focus testing in a couple of months and Ant is coming in early to see how the handling is progressing.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Can't say anything yet. It's coming along nicely though. Especially the areas I'm working on, which I was far from happy with in 2010. We're doing focus testing in a couple of months and Ant is coming in early to see how the handling is progressing.

dont know if you can tell me but which parts do you work on?

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo

good stuff im hooked on 2010 cant wait for the next installment there is just one thing id like to see in the game and thats more weather info/forcast from your engineer during the race. it may already be coming in the next game but i thought id put in my 2p worth lol

Nothing at the mo :(
hopes its better then 2010. im a huge F1 fan and waited years for 2010.. soldit 2 weeks after i got it.. so i please.. i beg.. make it better lol

Citroen DS3 DSport
Racing sequel hitting retail shelves on September 23rd

F1 2011 will drive into retailers on Friday, September 23rd, Codemasters has confirmed.
The racer will launch on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. NGP and 3DS versions are also in the works although release dates are still to be announced.
F1 2011 is in development at Codemasters Studios Birmingham. It follows last year’s BAFTA-winning F1 2010, which is Codemasters’ most successful game to date.

Goliath I
One of the main things the game needs is a Safety Car, its like playing Fifa without free kicks

Also, while there is a wide range of adjustable car mechanic mechanics... it just doesn't make sense for the bog standard F1 viewer/gamer like me

Lee

BMW M2C
News in a couple of weeks time once we've done our Community day with some media and guys off the forum who entered the competition to come and meet us.

My side of things is pretty f**king good so far this year. I wasn't happy last year, but then there's never enough time to get what you really want.

Lee

BMW M2C
Not yet, still way too busy. Waiting to see if my trips to Turkey and Valencia get signed off though. McLaren have offered to let me spend some time with them, as well as being fed and generally looked after.

It's all in the hands of the bean counters though. :(

I thought you'd gone and hidden somewhere you old tart. Will have to give me a shout when you can fit in a cheeky beer or 20.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've been locked away in a dark office as usual.

We really do need to sort some drinking out this year.

Definitely, been far far too long. I actually bumped into Rich at Castle Combe this weekend too and he's been equally illusive of late.

Clio 182
News in a couple of weeks time once we've done our Community day with some media and guys off the forum who entered the competition to come and meet us.

My side of things is pretty f**king good so far this year. I wasn't happy last year, but then there's never enough time to get what you really want.

It is going to have to be something special to force me to part with my hard earned cash for what i would expect to be a copy/paste effort to ensure maximum profit from the 3 year deal with FIA. Was very dissapointed with the last one...

Goliath I
The multiplayer needs some adjusting. Always someone in the middle/back of the pack ploughed into everyone at the first corner.,,

An idea would be disqualify/kick anyone who causes a collision (possibly being determined by whoever rear ends etc.. Someone within the braking zone)

Oil Burner
So now they will just get infront of you and brake before the braking point - you will go up the back of them and get kicked.

Another way people screw you over is if there is a yellow flag they brake and force you to pass them, you get a 20 sec penalty.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've been replaced by one of the coders as the front jack man this year.

A lot of work has been done on people getting brake tested and penalised. The amazing brakes and lack of any sort of brake light makes it something very hard to avoid though.

Ph2 Clio 172
Lee - Just playing some F1 with a friend and he has a request... Please please please let us turn off the music for the opening title.

Launch Game, "YOU GOT THE FEAR!", *goes deaf*, ARGH!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Lee - Just playing some F1 with a friend and he has a request... Please please please let us turn off the music for the opening title.

Launch Game, "YOU GOT THE FEAR!", *goes deaf*, ARGH!

Thats my fav bit lol

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
I enjoyed 2010, got 1/2 way through a season and my youngest decided to rub the disk along one of the walls.

Are we going to have actuall split times and real AI laps rather than the fake ones in 2010?

Lee

BMW M2C
Splits are in. AI times will be genuine.

I'll be able to say more around E3 time.

We've got a load of Codies forum members coming in on Monday for an early play over at the Marriot. I'm on the D-box with Anthony Davidson for the day. We're hoping to have a few special guests along for the day too.

Skeeter, just think how many times I've heard it! Even when I skip the entire front end and go straight to the track I still get to hear the start of it during the load!

Lee

BMW M2C
I don't think there's anything over here. It's going to be at E3 behind closed doors, and at a couple of other shows.

It's bound to be at the Eurogamer show again, but that's probably post release anyway.

Videos and info will start to drop at the start of next month.

Just about to load the van with race pods and hardware ready for tomorrow. It's been a long weekend, and my hangover isn't helping matters today.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
I don't think there's anything over here. It's going to be at E3 behind closed doors, and at a couple of other shows.

It's bound to be at the Eurogamer show again, but that's probably post release anyway.

Videos and info will start to drop at the start of next month.

Just about to load the van with race pods and hardware ready for tomorrow. It's been a long weekend, and my hangover isn't helping matters today.

cool good stuff been reading your twitter post looks like youve been busy lol

Citroen DS3 DSport
http://www.gamebreakers.co/2011/06/f1-2011-preview/

-AI suffer failures
-Car audio is improved this year
-you can see smoke from tyres when locking up under braking
-Fuel Sim for the AI is now active, as is proper Tyre Sim for AI
-Only the teams that have KERS will have it in the game
-AI will suffer retirements, accidents, tyre & fuel sim... proper simulation when Qualifying - the whole lot

Woooo

Oh and one final thing. The die-hard F1 gamers have been asking for this for years, “the safety car”. It’s by no-means confirmed yet, but we’ve been told that Codemasters are hard at work to get this much requested feature into this years title.

Woooo

Oh and one final thing. The die-hard F1 gamers have been asking for this for years, “the safety car”. It’s by no-means confirmed yet, but we’ve been told that Codemasters are hard at work to get this much requested feature into this years title.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Really looking forward to this, love the gameplay of 2010, especially with a wheel. The bugs were just too much for me though :dapprove: