ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAQ: LEE F1 2011

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
The AI when on blue flags is so irritating it's unreal.. I slow down a bit, pull off the racing line, and they sit behind me.. so I slow to near enough a crawl, they finally go past but I lose places :/

RS Clio 182
Im mid way through season 3 with Force India and just been offered a seat with Sauber - is this a good move? Ive just picked Rosberg as my rival,if i beat him on points will i get an offer from Mercedes?

Obviously next season will be the penultimate one,so would be aiming for Red Bull or Mclaren for the final season - just wondering if Sauber is a good choice next - they seem to be doing ok - Perez just came 2nd in Belgium!

Lee

BMW M2C
The Sauber is slightly better than the Force India in game. The Force India has slightly less high speed drag, but the Sauber has more downforce without an increase in lower speed drag. The Sauber was a pretty nice car to drive IIRC.

RS Clio 182
The Sauber is slightly better than the Force India in game. The Force India has slightly less high speed drag, but the Sauber has more downforce without an increase in lower speed drag. The Sauber was a pretty nice car to drive IIRC.

Cheers Lee,may be a good team to go to before i try to get to a big one in the final season....who do you replace,Kobayashi or Perez?

Kobayashi just caused the safety car to come out on the first lap in Budapest hehe - he lost his front wheel in a collision!

Im really enjoying the 30% races now - especially when the weather changes in the race - having to decide when to go to Inters etc. and gambling on one more lap before you come in - just wish there was more AI incidents in the race!! Would love to see one of my championship rivals in the gravel due to driver error occasionally hehe...

Goliath I
Started my second season yesterday with Williams. Managed 8th in practice, 2nd in qualifying and then came 1st in the race.

Is that respectable for Williams? Or should I still not be getting podiums realty with them and put the difficulty up a notch?

Started my second season yesterday with Williams. Managed 8th in practice, 2nd in qualifying and then came 1st in the race.

Is that respectable for Williams? Or should I still not be getting podiums realty with them and put the difficulty up a notch?

With Williams you should be fighting for 10th, at a push....!!

Up the difficulty, Pro or Legend, or nothing at all IMO.

Listerine & Poledo

I only use Sauber.

Mk1 16v brooklands
Love the game thinks it could have a few improvements here and there.

Now on the 4th race of the season. Long weekend and 100% can get tedious though.

Goliath I
With Williams you should be fighting for 10th, at a push....!!

Up the difficulty, Pro or Legend, or nothing at all IMO.

I thought it was quite the jump.

I'm playing on pro at the moment and struggled last season in the lotus, maybe it was just a s**t car.

The ridiculous thing was they were expecting me to finish 8th, it was more like 18th!

I thought it was quite the jump.

I'm playing on pro at the moment and struggled last season in the lotus, maybe it was just a s**t car.

The ridiculous thing was they were expecting me to finish 8th, it was more like 18th!

I did a season on Legend in the Lotus and the Williams. The Lotus, if I get a P17 it was like a victory...!!

In the williams, if I got a P10 it was also really sataisfying.

I'd get on Legend mate and its alot more rewarding when you actually get a good (realistic) finish! IMO

Golf R/Leon FR
Have to agree with the difficulty settings, pro is easy and legend too hard. Currently in season 2 with Williams, and the car is awful for the first 5 races. Rubens has out performed me at every race.

I take back what I said here. Signed for Ferarri in my 3rd season kept it on Legend and I won the Championship at Suzuka. Won 10 races in the season, on pole for 14 on them too. Just signed for McLaren in my 4th season.

Golf R/Leon FR
Yeah definitely, I still struggled on some circuits that I always do badly on. such as Suzuka and Silverstone. Can never get it right around there.

Yeah definitely, I still struggled on some circuits that I always do badly on. such as Suzuka and Silverstone. Can never get it right around there.

I find all the high speed corner circuits hard to keep on pace with the AI.

Add Spa to that list too.

Dont seem to have the grip of the AI cars around thoses 3 circuits, turn 8 at turkey is horrendus in a Lotus!!!

Golf R/Leon FR
I find all the high speed corner circuits hard to keep on pace with the AI.

Add Spa to that list too.

Dont seem to have the grip of the AI cars around those 3 circuits, turn 8 at turkey is horrendous in a Lotus!!!

Yeah the AI is always quick around those 3. I'm not too bad around Spa, the 2nd sector is the worst.
Silverstone and Suzuka I get very frustrated at.

Lol, I dread these circuits in a bottom 3 car, awful round corners.

RS Clio 182
Is it possible to a 1 stop race on Abu Dabi,17 laps? I went with my recommended strategy of 2 stops - was in the lead,did my first pit stop - regained the lead after everyone else went in - but then me & Hamilton went in for our 2nd stop....no one else made a 2nd stop so i finished in 9th!! Is this just me picking the wrong strategy? My 2nd set of tyres were wearing badly around the 13th lap mark when i went in for a 2nd time,so how did the AI get away with 1 stop?

Goliath I
NOt sure on Abu Dabhi but there's been a handful of races were some I've been given a 2 stop strategy and the rest of the pack run on 1

b******s! Lol

Golf R/Leon FR
I noticed this at Spa or Hungary I think. I just stayed out on the first stint trying to be cautious on tyre wear. Managed to keep it to a one stop.

RS Clio 182
Just finished season 3 - came 7th in the drivers,not bad for Force India - Vettell just edged out Rosberg for the championship - was funny at Interlagos,cos i nearly took out Vettell that wouldve handed the title to the Mercedes driver!

Had a cracking start in the Sauber for Season 4,came 2nd in Melbourne and just got a win in Malaysia after getting pole! The Ferraris have had a great start and Rosberg has yet to pick up a point! Kobayashi is doing us proud aswell,2 top 10 finishes so far.

Only a month to F1 2012,so id better get cracking if i want a big drive for the final season hehe.

Goliath I
s**t, I'm only halfway through my second season! But then I do spend a few hours on each track.

Bring on 2012!

RS Clio 182
With F1 2012 coming out next week,i though id do more of my career and try to get to the final season hehe...

Qualified 14th in Monaco in my Sauber - made my way through the pack a bit,came up to my team mate Kobayashi before the swimming pool complex,he slammed into a backmarker right in front of him,so i smashed into him losing my front wing - Kobayashi got a puncture and was forced to retire...the safety car came out which played into my hands as i replaced the front wing and got a tyre change at the same time while everyone was queing up behind the SC.

The SC was out for a few laps,i managed to finish in 7th in the end as some of the front runners made their 2nd stop in the race whereas i went in during the incident - lucky! :cool:

Hamilton is really poor in the 4th season - currently in 11th - even behind Sutil!! Iam leading the championship as i just got a win in Montreal....Rosberg and the Ferrari's are my main threats atm. The first 3 season champs were Vettell,Webber,Vettell - but the Red bulls arnt doing too great so far this season.

Goliath I
Just completed my second season, had to do it before next week!

Won the Championship with Williams, Frank was so happy! (it was the hardest but ne setting with assists as I've been using a pad) Although I struggled in the last race in Brazil, having taken a 10 grid penalty after Massa turned into my path whilst going in a straight line (coincidence?). Starting 16th I managed to get to 3rd, tyres were shot and Vettel pipped me at the last straight to the line.

Now signed season 3 with Red Bull (sorry Webber). I may do a race or two but may not bother and what for next week!