ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAQ: LEE F1 2011

Suzuki Swift Sport
How do you meter out your throttle / brake with a PS pad though?

Well I struggle metering out the brakes which is why I use ABS, although I find it ok to moderate the throttle. I use a weird set up of analogue sticks for throttle/brake on right stick and steering on the left stick. Not many people I know like using that combination but I find it works well!

Golf R/Leon FR
I use a weird set up of analogue sticks for throttle/brake on right stick and steering on the left stick. Not many people I know like using that combination but I find it works well!

How do you manage that? I couldn't get comfortable with that setup lol. I use the triggers but I have the trigger extentions on the PS3.

Suzuki Swift Sport
How do you manage that? I couldn't get comfortable with that setup lol. I use the triggers but I have the trigger extentions on the PS3.

I dont know! It's just a set up Ive always used since the original Gran Turismo so feel comfortable with it, I find it easy to modulate the throttle with that set up. Don't find it so easy with the brakes though!

Would love to get a G25 wheel and pedal set up though!

Listerine & Poledo
I tried that set-up once for GT, but prefer to be able to put power and brakes on at the same time and gave up on it.

The "pressure sensitive" buttons on a PS pad aren't all that sensitive.... well, my pads are as old as the PS3 itself so they're long past their best.

RS Clio 182
just had an eventful race at Monaco - Heidfeld spun it at the big hairpin on lap 2 ,and was in the middle of the road blocking me (in 17th) and the rest of the cars behind,in fact there was a big pile up behind me - resulting in 4 retirements (one car lost 2 wheels when i looked at replay) - i managed to get passed and we had a safety car for 2 laps! Heidfeld was Disqualified aswell...i presume for 'illegal blocking',which flashed up when i was trying to get past him. I managed to finish in 15th - fending off Perez for the last few laps.

Intermediate AI seems the right difficulty for me in the Lotus atm - Professional was a little too hard..

I've just had a good ish first gp session.
Qualified 18th which was not very good.
First attempt I got to the first pit stop (in 10th) only to find out wet tires were going on for a bone dry track, I must of selected this while trying to change my fuel mixture. I was so into the race trying to get round the track on wets (impossible) that I didn't relise I could restart the race.
After I realised I started again all going well after the pit stop (9th) then my engineer told me fuel mix 3, which I did.
Then still 9th half way round the last lap I run out of fuel and start to kangaroo back to the finish line end up coming 15th gutted.
Had the difficulty on Hard and AI on legend so was quite pleased with my efforts despite the hiccup.

Must say I'm really liking this at the min.

Four race wins in a row (AI on amateur) in the Lotus lol

Played Forza on the same wheel/pedal set up and Forza feels crap in comparison.

AI cars do not like getting out the way even with blue flags waving at them...

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
I've just had a good ish first gp session.
Qualified 18th which was not very good.
First attempt I got to the first pit stop (in 10th) only to find out wet tires were going on for a bone dry track, I must of selected this while trying to change my fuel mixture. I was so into the race trying to get round the track on wets (impossible) that I didn't relise I could restart the race.
After I realised I started again all going well after the pit stop (9th) then my engineer told me fuel mix 3, which I did.
Then still 9th half way round the last lap I run out of fuel and start to kangaroo back to the finish line end up coming 15th gutted.
Had the difficulty on Hard and AI on legend so was quite pleased with my efforts despite the hiccup.

i had the fuel thing aswell!!! luckily it started cutting out on the last last corner of the last lap, i ended up weaving down the final straight blocking about 5 cars trying to get past lol

Golf R/Leon FR
I had a good race in Monaco last night, qualified 18th in the Lotus with AI on professional. Ended the race in 13th, but there were a few accidents which was interesting. Onto Canada next, my favourite :)

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
^ I hate racing around the Monaco track, it's just not wide enough - nothing wrong in the game, just my preference!

Just had a cracking race in Canada - I won in the Williams however I did notice something very strange, after the 1st lap EVERYONE pitted!

Golf R/Leon FR
I much prefer Monaco this year to last years game, seems easier to drive, maybe its the handling improvements? I noticed on the Monaco race on 20% that some cars were pitting 2 or 3 times for tyres. Not sure why as it a 1 stop on 20%.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I agree, dont see the point in playing a sim with the assists on, I do without all except abs on a ps3 with pad.

Just would be nice if the frame rate was better - I did try not signing into psn and it seemed to achieve a smoother frame rate! Dont know if this was just coincidence but I didnt get slow down in the same parts of the track (going past the pits in Melbourne)

Totally agree. It's the same as the "that's so wrong" feeling when I see the tick box option on FPS's that mention 'auto aim' <shudder>

D.

Goliath I
Played monaco in the wet at 20% distance, in lap 11 of 16 my three were shot and had to pit yet no one else pitted all race?

Apart from some bugs it races are much more eventful, went through a yellow flag section to see a car facing the other way, and got 6th in the lotus career when Massa got a puncture in front of me

Kawasaki ER6N
Seen yellow flags very briefly nothing else no accidents etc only dnf was webber driving into the back of me lol.

Goliath I
Had a few yellow flags, once or twice cars been facing the wrong way as I hit a corner

Was doing Monaco as Massa, alsono dnf'd as on the last lap the team radio cane on saying he was giving up (he was 18th) lol typical alonso, realism is great

Golf R/Leon FR
Just finished Canada 50% race in career. Managed to get 15th in quali and ended the race 14th. The Lotus struggles without KERS. At one point I was 6th in the race but my options fell off the cliff with 10 laps to go and lost loads of places. Had some accidents in race too with Button crashing on the 1st lap and Petrov had a DNF.

Andy - in wet race you don't need to change tyres. Only in dry races.

Toyota MR2
Currently doing qualifying in a Force india at Canada and I'm 11.936 seconds ahead of F.Alonso.... difficulty's on intermediate :S 1.05 lap-time? Strange!

RS Clio 182
Well straight after Monaco,there was another eventful race in Canada - who says theres no incidents hehe? Was having an epic battle with Maldonado for the first half of the race - he took me on the back straight using his DRS,we both went in pits at the same time - my stop was quicker so came out before him - and my pace after that was better in the 2nd half of the race so i got away from him - in the next laps i had a good battle with Petrov,we were both using DRS on the straights.....then a massive incident :

Ahead of us with a few laps to go,Di Resta piled into the ''Champions wall' ,totalling his car and taking Massa with him,he couldnt aviod him so he was out aswell with a wheel coming off. Not only that,but as Di resta was up in the air from the impact he landed on Hamilton's car,Lewis managed to drive under him - and with me just behind - and Massa's wheel bouncing over my car!!

But me,Hamilton & Petrov somehow manged to get out with no damage and finish the race. There was no safety car despite Di Resta & Massa's cars strewn across the chicane exit....

Kawasaki ER6N
I have found a good mix I have tc and abs on but the ai on legend means the lotus struggles to get into q2 so nice and realistic.

Golf R/Leon FR
I managed to get into 9th in Valencia. Qualified 20th as I got held up constantly and couldnt get a good time. But got up to 10th in the first few corners and just managed to fend off Rosberg after my pitstop.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I went and got this today at lunchtime.

I am hoping to find a good realism by balancing the AI and assists. Hopefully I can find something that suits me, so that a good drive/quali will see me in circa 15th place in a Lotus/HRT,instead of 1st as was the case in 2010.

I went and got this today at lunchtime.

I am hoping to find a good realism by balancing the AI and assists. Hopefully I can find something that suits me, so that a good drive/quali will see me in circa 15th place in a Lotus/HRT,instead of 1st as was the case in 2010.

you shouldn't be able to come 1st in a Lotus/HRT anyway.

15th sounds about right. so its more realistic.

Goliath I
Andy - in wet race you don't need to change tyres. Only in dry races.

After 11 laps I had to change them as there was no grip left whatsoever, yet the other cars didn't even seem to lose any stability.

Either that or they're extremely good at looking after the tyres

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
After 11 laps I had to change them as there was no grip left whatsoever, yet the other cars didn't even seem to lose any stability.

Either that or they're extremely good at looking after the tyres

Wet tyres need water to work. Aim for the puddles etc on the straight bits.

Golf R/Leon FR
Lee posted on twitter that there was a new patch coming out soon.. But didn't mention anything of what it will improve.

Kawasaki ER6N
Going to press on with this for now but seem to be getting the same enjoyment out as I did from 10.

Suzuki Swift Sport
I have noticed on the ps3 if you go to cockpit view rather than the slightly higher view the frame rate seems to improve, enjoying this now. Managed a 1.27 in the Williams at Melbourne, don't know if that's any good?!

M135i
Currently doing qualifying in a Force india at Canada and I'm 11.936 seconds ahead of F.Alonso.... difficulty's on intermediate :S 1.05 lap-time? Strange!

Strange indeed, I'm finding intermediate level a bit odd too. (I gave up on professional as I was too rubbish)

The intermediate level seems to flirt between being about "right" on some tracks and then will suddenly turn ridiculously easy on another track.

Not sure what's going on....