ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Far Cry 3

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm on i7 580 SLI with everything maxed, I've not checked FPS but it seems to do well enough.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Had a quick go this morning, yep, it's still awesome. Just gets better and better, so much do to!

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I bought Farcry 2 at the same time as Fallout 3 so it kind of got ignored. Will need to watch some footage of this properly...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It is really good yes. Got the bow and arrow now too and been hunting for a while.

I'm also enjoying the handling of the cars. You can really chuck them about.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yep, off-roading is awesome. I'm pretty tooled up now, Sniper Rifle, Flamethrower etc

RS250 Megane
Amazing game. Had the previous generations but really impressed with this.

Had some crazy stuff happen as well. Killed a tiger as a challenge, as I'm skinning it I see another approach from the corner of my eye. That one tries to attack so I just run for it, jump into a river thinking it's safe and get instantly attached by a crocodile. Barely survived. Was awesome.

Clio 1.2 16V
Traded this in for Forza Horizon, didn't like the previous Far Cry games but saw a few videos on this and looked awesome. Hasn't disappointed really good game, should last a while!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The balance of doing the story or doing side missions/quests really works in this one, as does having to do tasks to build up your abilities.

Evo 5 RS
Pig skin to make your wallet bigger is a laughably bad distraction. Almost as bad as herding pigs in Assassins Creed 3. I'll probably play this nearer Christmas

RS250 Megane
Get yourself a patrol boat. Makes sharks mince meat.

I'm quite far into the main story. Won't give anything away.
But it's awesome. Game of the year IMO.

Bumder With A Buffer
Random question here...how do I check my fps when running a game ?? :eek:

Recently built my first pc to use for gaming and have farcry3 as a freebie with my graphics card

Two things;

I absolutely love the stealthiness of this - done the mission where you end up in a prison after popping off a load of bad guys at a camp. Properly great that; took ages to nail it perfectly - but it was properly awesome when I did.

Where the f**k are Tapirs? I need a bigger rucksack.. (Yes, that does make sense)

Mk2 Ph2 172
Think I may get this in the week :)

Misses has got me ac3 for Xmas so any free time over the few days break at xmas is gonna be Xbox time :)

The kids will be distracted with their new toys anyway

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Random question here...how do I check my fps when running a game ?? :eek:

Recently built my first pc to use for gaming and have farcry3 as a freebie with my graphics card

Have a look for a program called Fraps on beepa.com. I can't remember if the free version comes with the FPS overlay, but you can get any game to display its framerate with a small number in the corner of your choosing. Used Fraps for years - superb product.

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Two things;

I absolutely love the stealthiness of this - done the mission where you end up in a prison after popping off a load of bad guys at a camp. Properly great that; took ages to nail it perfectly - but it was properly awesome when I did.

Where the f**k are Tapirs? I need a bigger rucksack.. (Yes, that does make sense)

Just look on the map and zoom in/out until it displays the animals in the particular region. The tapirs are the long nosed things.

Not a 320d
The Sniper with a silencer is a useful weapon. Sneak behind the big armoured f*****s and shoot them in the back of the head.

182 Cup
Will be buying this for the PC I think pretty soon for after my knee op (next week) give me something to do in between excercises. Would go for console but I can't aim for anything on

Not after full settings, but will I struggle to play this on my oldish system? Doesn't struggle with battlefield 3 on medium settings.

Not a 320d
I think you should be fine if you can handle BF3. It is quite taxing. I have a GTX 680 and cant have it on full. I turn Anti Aliasing down and its fine

Bumder With A Buffer
Have a look for a program called Fraps on beepa.com. I can't remember if the free version comes with the FPS overlay, but you can get any game to display its framerate with a small number in the corner of your choosing. Used Fraps for years - superb product.

D.

Apparently you can also do it by opening up the console and typing something??

Not a 320d
Is it me or has all the voice acting changed since the trailers? The voice of the guy has gone from a manly dude to some teenage faggot. The Doctor isnt as dramatic as in the videos. Etc etc etc

Bumder With A Buffer
I used Fraps after Darren's suggestion and it works perfectly, great little tool.

Do you play on PC??? What framerate do you get out of it..during the "Intro" level the maximum I have seen is 40 so far. Settings maxed out as well

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
On 580 SLI with everything maxed I'm seeing between 20-30 FPS, it seems to play well enough to me, but I may try toning things down a bit to see if it runs better.

RS250 Megane
Bit of a mix of the two.
I'm been massively impressed with the FPS qualities in this game though. I could easily be playing an open world BF3. The detail with the weapons, all the upgrades etc. New weapons on the second island are mega strong as well.

Silenced .50cal and M416. Thank you please.

Just completed all the main story missions. Unbelievably good. Well done Ubisoft.
10/10

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I started playing this yesterday. So far I'm impressed. Very impressed. Stealth assassination seems to be my favoured way of dispatching goons. Love hunting with the bow as well. I've meticulously been doing all the little missions as well as the main story. Crafting is good, got the biggest wallet, second to last rucksack, largest weapon holster etc.

It seems very much like a modern day Skyrim to me, and I loved Skyrim.