ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Far Cry 3

Not a 320d
Cant Find a thread for this, so sorry if this is a re.

Watch in 1080p.

Could be good, but I have a feeling that itll be far cry 2 all over again, as in no real objectives and the feeling im going round in circles.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Evo 5 RS
Yeah wasn't sold on the demo tbh... should be good anyway.

lol I think that geeza at the start of the video was sacked.

Not a 320d
Jesus the new trailers look good. The trailer is interesting, and the second one showing some glameplay just looks f**king amazing.

September release though. FFS.

Octy VRS
Looks good. 2 could have been a great game but after a few hours it got very repetitive. Stupid checkpoints everywhere, useless hang glider. Looked nice though.

Goliath I
If it plays as fluid as it looks in that new trailer it should be real good.

I quite liked the second one. Agreed it was repetitive, checkpoints and broken guns etc... But it was always a good laugh ambushing people

1st was garbage. 2nd had the makings of a superb game but was utterly broken by those f**king awful, awful, AWFUL respawning checkpoints. It made it unplayable for me after a couple of hours.

Not a 320d
I dont think this will be any good, thinking about it now. Just another version of far cry 2. It was the lack of linear game play that pissed me off. Don't mind sand boxes, just prefer to have a structured goal in order to keep the story straight.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Love Far Cry & Far Cry Instincts - one of my favourite ever games.

Far Cry 2 however was utter mince!

Hopefully this will be a return to form - not sure why Puck from Glee is the lead character though.

Bumder With A Buffer
Il be downloading Farcry3 when Ubisoft give me the steam link.

Got it for free with my graphics card.

FarCry = awesome apart from the last level being a bit of a chore.
FarCry 2 = awesome if you followed the main story and not the rather tiresome side quests.
FarCry 3 = fully awesome.

Not a 320d
Was there even a story line to it, wake up in village with malaria. begin running missions which have no point what so ever, All I ever did was run about from one side of the map to the other, stop in the desert to set fire to some zebra, then carry on. I worry FC3 will be the same. Despite its excellent character animation and graphics, I think there's some real potential for FC3 to be a load of f**king s**t if they haven't learned from the mistakes they made with the previous games.

Focus ST-3
Was there even a story line to it, wake up in village with malaria. begin running missions which have no point what so ever, All I ever did was run about from one side of the map to the other, stop in the desert to set fire to some zebra, then carry on. I worry FC3 will be the same. Despite its excellent character animation and graphics, I think there's some real potential for FC3 to be a load of f**king s**t if they haven't learned from the mistakes they made with the previous games.

exaclty this.. I ended up doing nothing but driving around aimlessly doing f**k all but shooting animals and getting bored

Was there even a story line to it...

Yeah there was.

I ended up doing nothing but driving around aimlessly doing f**k all but shooting animals and getting bored

Then you weren't really playing it properly. There was a great campaign in FC2, but it seems many players didn't see it or got bored before they had the chance. I suppose you could blame the game for that though TBF. Personally I thought it was really rather excellent once I'd learnt to completely ignore the side quests. If all you were doing was shooting animals rather than progressing through the story, then you're better off sticking to Call of Duty. No offence intended.

That said, the game did appear to divide opinion. I enjoyed it a lot, and the third instalment is going to be better.

Bumder With A Buffer
Far Cry 2 although very much open world was one of the most repetitive games I have ever played.

ROFL.....

Go the far west side of the map and grab a torch.
Now go to the far east side of the map to grab the battery.

Next mission..

Go to the far west side of the map to talk to someone
Go to the far east side to speak to someone else.

WTF are you shitting me!??! I liked but hated that game at the same time.

Focus ST-3
Then you weren't really playing it properly.

I wasnt, because it was too slow and and didnt get me interested. Far to much moving about from one side to the other, gets annoying after a bit. Would have probably been a great game had there not been so much back and forth going on. I like the fact the map is huuuuge but i didnt like the fact each mission involved travelling the whole map to then find out the next mission was the same.

Each to their own. I personally didn't find it a chore. I liked the exploration. If I had to travel any real distance I took the bus, which is basically quick travel.

I should also differentiate between the PC and console versions. I played the PC game, which I'm led to believe has noticeably superior graphics. Certainly, some of the visuals, particularly when travelling along rivers, were reason enough to stay interested.

Also, I didn't really find the missions repetitive. I often wonder if I played the same game as some of you guys :eek:

I thought FC2 was one of the best games I've played in a long time.

The storyline was great and it kept me more than interested. It had a great amount of realism, and I loved the fact you couldn't take on an entire army yourself, any more than 4 or so enemies and you were in trouble/had to really plan your attack.

A great game, one of the best on the Xbox for me.

1.2 16v
Can't wait for this! I loved FC2, never played the first one, but with this one coming out I might ebay them!

f**king hell! This looks mental!
yes, I know this is the PC version.

Probably best muting the video & skipping through..

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
f**king hell! This looks mental!
yes, I know this is the PC version.

Probably best muting the video & skipping through..

Struggling to really see the appeal to this (admittedly, I haven't watched all of the clip) - but it certainly won't be a buy-on-release game for me. Maybe when it gets cheaper?

There doesn't appear to be an malaria BS like in the previous game though - so that's a bonus!

D.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Loved the idea of FC2 but was so f**king annoying going so far back after dying and it took a lot of my time and I still didn't get very far.

Might try FC3 at some point.