ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Far Cry 3

F82 M4
On 580 SLI with everything maxed I'm seeing between 20-30 FPS, it seems to play well enough to me, but I may try toning things down a bit to see if it runs better.
Only 20-30fps on 580 SLI? Blimey this must be a hungry game then :S

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
There's a main mission? lol.

I've been spending a lot of time taking outposts and setting fire to goats.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
My 3 weapons at the moment (need 2 shark skins for the 4th weapon pouch, I think, or maybe a bear skin on a particular mission):

Magnum handgun with reflex sight and extended barrel.
Sniper Rifle with Super Scope
Some Assault Rifle I've just unlocked (3rd one down I think).

The bow and arrow is pretty darn good too.

Need to get onto the 2nd island though for the better weapons.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Where do you get a bow? I found arrows lol.

I spent about an hour and half last night just playing poker and skinning pigs.

Never played a far cry game before but this looks good!

The first Far Cry's where really good, the first and instincts I think it was.

But the one before this was pants imo. This one is really good so far though.

Not a 320d
Where do you get a bow? I found arrows lol.

I spent about an hour and half last night just playing poker and skinning pigs.

The first Far Cry's where really good, the first and instincts I think it was.

But the one before this was pants imo. This one is really good so far though.

Think you unlock it. Doesnt take long I dont think. Its in the special weapons section IIRC.

Ive unlocked all the weapons now. The Big heavy Machine gun thing is absolutely devastating. Surprisingly, I find the flame thrower completely useless.

Ph 1 172
Been tearing this game up but all I have been doing is hunting and getting the best items I can. Also got nearly all radio towers, just started getting the camps as well.
Silenced sniper rifle ftw it's epic for stealth.

Bumder With A Buffer
Yeah I got a question about "stealth" (in spiler tags incase no-one has done this yet)

Just done the first clear out of the camp looking for that girl...I managed to take out a couple of the guards silently with a knife but sometimes there was 2 of them next to each other which was difficult to do..even throwing a rock didn't split them up. What is my best tactic for that??

Yeah I got a question about "stealth" (in spiler tags incase no-one has done this yet)

Just done the first clear out of the camp looking for that girl...I managed to take out a couple of the guards silently with a knife but sometimes there was 2 of them next to each other which was difficult to do..even throwing a rock didn't split them up. What is my best tactic for that??

How I did it...

Make sure you use our camera to scope enemies, then you can see which way they're facing - as well as exactly where they are.
First off; take out the guy in the main look out tower (that you have to go up a wooden path to reach); lookout for snakes near the base of the tower. Once you've got him (silently), kill the alarm then head towards the radio tower. Go down the road which leads to the sea, then follow it round to the left so you'll be behind the guys you want to be killing. You pass a guy hanging on a gallows on your way.
You first come up to two guys at a look out thing - take out one, shoot the alarm (if you didn't get the other one) take out the other guy, then carry on - there should be two more ahead of you down a little hill heading into the camp.
Throw a few stones at the base of the hill to get someone to come over; take him out when he does.
Hide in the hut, then do the same with the remaining guy - you shouldn't have to tempt him all the way back to the hill though, as the first look out guy should now be dead so you should be able to just kill him.
Then head back to roughly where you killed the guys in the second lookout tower, jump in the sea and swim across to the opposite shore; take out the two guys here as stealthily a possible, then head back on yourself and up to the highest point on this side of the island (there should be a hut and some loot here too). From here, get your camera out and scope the area to see where remaining bad guys are, and it should be simple from there..
until you get to the prison.

Never played a Far Cry game before so wasn't sure what to expect, but after playing this for a few days I've got to say it's absolutely brilliant.

Spent absolutely ages doing all the radio towers/outposts/crafting every item without even looking at the main story, think at one stage I had 18 skill points waiting to be used but everything was still locked!

Got a few of the signature weapons too, Shredder is awesome. Current weapon choices are:

M700 sniper with silencer and scope
The Shredder (silenced vektor SMG with silencer, extended mag and reflex sight)
The Bull (M133 shotgun with extended mag and reflex sight)
Grenade Launcher

Done a few missions for Buck so far but have done pretty much everything there is to do on the first island, hoping that I unlock the second island soon.

Suzuki Jimny
Got it yesterday and put a few hours in. Love it already! Nothing quite like hitting a pig with a car.

I hit a buffalo (or something equally as massive) the other day. Just appeared out of nowhere. Don't think I've ever jumped like that in a game before.

...Until when I was swimming about somewhere, and BOOM! a shark swoops up on me and grabs my arm. Christ.

This whole stealth stuff concerns me,

You can still go in all guns blazing, right?
I hate stealth games, but love this. I think I'm kind of forced into playing that way at the minute as I haven't really bothered to do much crafting etc.

Which I am going to have to start as the weed-field burning mission is doing my head in...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Not really a fan of the trippy scenes TBH.

Just skinned two sharks for the 4 weapon pouch. Just get a patrol boat and sit on the turret watching for the dorsal fins. Then shoot the f*ckers, dive into the water and skin 'em.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Just done the medusa mission where you have to get the radio out of a beached boat. Was pretty good tbh. It's all about tracking what path the enemy choose to patrol really as with most stealth games.

I was sneaking through a bush earlier (ooo err) and there were 2 enemies on the road, they couldn't see me. Next thing heard a feint growl, turned round 3 dogs looking at me... Knew I couldn't shoot and give away my position so I had a genius idea. "I'll just throw a grenade at them!"

Grenades make noise, yo.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I tend to stealth it, but it doesn't have to be played that way. One camp I threw stones until I had them all clamouring around a certain area, pulled out the GL grenade launcher and popped one down there. Boom. Camp cleared.

Got an achievement called 'Here comes the Boom', think its 4 plus kills with one grenade. I also love sneaking into a camp, laying a mine or C4 then coaxing them to it with the old stone throwing again.

The knife throwing takedown is pretty cool as well.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I tend to stealth it, but it doesn't have to be played that way. One camp I threw stones until I had them all clamouring around a certain area, pulled out the GL grenade launcher and popped one down there. Boom. Camp cleared.

Got an achievement called 'Here comes the Boom', think its 4 plus kills with one grenade. I also love sneaking into a camp, laying a mine or C4 then coaxing them to it with the old stone throwing again.

The knife throwing takedown is pretty cool as well.

The heavily armoured guys in some camps can take 2 C4 shots.

Not a 320d
Well I completed it. Its defo better than the last one but the cut scenes arent as dramatic as they were in the trailers and some of the dialogue has changed

Not a 320d
Completed. Already? Is there a lot of re-play, extras to collect etc?

Yeah you can either stay on the main quest or go take over camps and radio towers. You get new weapons for taking over radio towers so id focus on that if nothing else while doing missions. Also you can go back after completing to finish the side missions if you like.

Installed on my PC last night, looks epic. Such a pretty game if nothing else (i still haven't played it properly).