ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Far Cry 3

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I've just got the knife

^ that's how far I am into the story now, not unlocked the second island yet. Have all of the outposts/radio towers on the first island now, just working up to doing all the wanted dead/animal hunting stuff now.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I haven't done any animal or wanted stuff yet, other than the first one where you had to use a shotgun to kill 3 dogs or something.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
The wanted stuff is quality mate, more fun than the outposts.

Animal stuff is worth is to get the extended gear. Plus one of them involves 12 dogs and an RPG. Lol.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I can never be bothered doing the side tasks where you have to kill a pirate with a knife. Let me snipe his head off! Also, the heavy guys are hard to beat! Had to run away and find a car to run them over with once lol.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I can never be bothered doing the side tasks where you have to kill a pirate with a knife. Let me snipe his head off! Also, the heavy guys are hard to beat! Had to run away and find a car to run them over with once lol.

I've now got the skill which allows a takedown knife kill on those guys.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Back of the head's unprotected ;)

GSXR + KDX220
It's easier to leave some of the wanteds until later when you have better weapons and the skills to take down the big guys! You can still rpg all of them, just not the yellow targets which must be knifed :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
You can have C4 right from the start. Sneak up on a heavy slap the C4 on them and sprint off to a safe distance. Then pull the trigger. Hugely satisfying.

Or as Scutch said, I've unlocked the takedown on heavies and it works like any other takedown. Good times :)

The wanted stuff is quality mate, more fun than the outposts.

Animal stuff is worth is to get the extended gear. Plus one of them involves 12 dogs and an RPG. Lol.

Truth.

I did all the radio towers, then camps, then animal quests before even looking at the story. Makes things so much easier being able to carry 4 weapons and a metric f**k tonne of ammo.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I've been doing a bit of everything some of the animal quests are great.

The outposts on the second island can be a bit harder. Unlocked all 18 towers now too.

Yeah, there were 1 or 2 outposts that frustrated me a bit. They had nothing on some of the missions you do straight after getting kidnapped...
...by Vaas for the second time.

Proper pain in the ass!

Where are all the PC guys with their usual ridiculous hi-res screenshots? I've bought this on the basis of this thread, so hoping it'll be a good 'un :)

Bumder With A Buffer
I'm playing it on pc.

Jus wasted 3 and a half hours going around getting radio towers and taking out a few outposts. Bears are f*****s :(

GSXR + KDX220
Just for the record, on the animal hunting missions you can still use a knife aswell a, the designated weapons :) handy when you have a tiger in your face lol

Bumder With A Buffer
I dont know if I have the RPG yet.

I like rocking around with my silenced M700, Crossbow and silenced skorpion.

"WTF was that il find you"

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Completed the story last night, loved the whole thing and a bit gutted it's over already.

Now to finish taking out the outposts and doing all the side quests.

Bumder With A Buffer
Not entirely sure how you do hi res pics but took some screenshots a while ago whilst playing around with bits and pieces...

Farcry4.jpg

Farcry3.jpg

Farcry2.jpg

Farcry1.jpg

Has anyone noticed how when you go look at certain bits of greenery thats what il call "out of the way" IE on the side of a mountain how crap the graphics are for that. Normal grass off the roads is fine but seems they just put random blockey crap in places people might not be looking for.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Some of the scenery is quite awesome, especially the sunsets and stuff. Quite impressive for a game. Only downside is the ocean seems to stay still.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Just finished the Ink monster mission, that was some freaky s**t! That topless girl would get it tbh.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Great graphics and gameplay, shame about the awful interface and console style multiplayer, needs dedicated servers to actually be playable for more than 10% of the time! Still love it though, but more for single player, which tbh most people will buy it for.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'm currently on the island where you hunt for Hoyt. I'm in the cave part at the start where you have to sneak past the guards. I just find it too amusing throwing rocks at their heads :eek: :clap:

Evo 5 RS
Has anyone noticed how when you go look at certain bits of greenery thats what il call "out of the way" IE on the side of a mountain how crap the graphics are for that. Normal grass off the roads is fine but seems they just put random blockey crap in places people might not be looking for.

Foliage draw distance isn't great, you can put it up 'extreme'? or similar can't remember.

Not really found time to play this properly, have just taken a few camps and bought myself the bow. Working on getting a bigger wallet next (always good). It's a strange one this game, it's got all the trivial elements of the second one (albeit a more interesting villain) and I can't quite figure out where it started being fun. But it is, even if you have to use the foreskin of a golden tiger to fit an extra 20 dollars in your bum bag.

Also the first time I was attacked by an alligator I screamed like a Japanese school girl.

Foliage draw distance isn't great, you can put it up 'extreme'? or similar can't remember.

Not really found time to play this properly, have just taken a few camps and bought myself the bow. Working on getting a bigger wallet next (always good). It's a strange one this game, it's got all the trivial elements of the second one (albeit a more interesting villain) and I can't quite figure out where it started being fun. But it is, even if you have to use the foreskin of a golden tiger to fit an extra 20 dollars in your bum bag.

Also the first time I was attacked by an alligator I screamed like a Japanese school girl.

FLOL

Bumder With A Buffer

Im on ULTRA I believe and that is the maximum setting I can set. When your in the main paths etc foliage is fine, but I found a few spots where it was rubbish.

GSXR + KDX220

They still make me jump a little even when I half expect them!

One minor thing I would have liked was that when you took a pic of something with the camera, it saved it somewhere but it doesn't. There's some cool stuff around lol