ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Far Cry 3

Bumder With A Buffer
I have done one mission so far.

Spent the majority of my time going to the radio masts, taking out baddies and crafting stuff. Crafted the 4 weapon holder and rocking with the first Sniper rifle until I gets me more monies to get the M700 and add a silencer onto it.

Stealth FTW

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Played this for 5 hours straight last night.

So much to do in the game, can you kill the sharks with a knife?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Should I buy this or Hitman?

I had exactly the same dilemma mate. I went for this, but will pick up Hitman at some point in the near future anyway.

It's f**king good though. I don't play a lot of games as I have the attention span of a 6 year old, but this has kept me entertained.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol yeah I wet out on a jet ski and went swimming. It just kept getting a bite in and then diving back wouldn't let me stick my knife in or anything.

I also tried to run and jump off the end of a cliff in to water and that ended wrong as well. I have died quite a lot tbf.

LY R26 #288
I've never played any of the far cry games. Although reading through this thread it sounds quiet interesting.

I'm not a big fan of games such as halo, gears of war etc. endless amounts of killing the same enemies just bores me. But sounds like there's lots more to this game?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It's completely different to your standard FPS mate.

Yesterday, for example, I spent 10 minutes hiding in bushes around an enemy outpost, marking each target and planning how I'm going to take them down; looking at how to shoot the alarms so they can't trigger them, etc. After all that, just about to charge in, a f**king leapord pounced on and subsequesntly killed me. Lol!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
If there's a tiger or bear in a cage in one of the camps, just snipe the door from distance and the animal will take out at least 3 of the bad guys. Bears can take so much damage.

I'm going to the TC tonight to buy this.

I can't be missing out on shooting a bear with an RPG, or blowing a pig away with a shotgun.

Forget the enemies, I'm just going to do the opposite of Noah, and wipe out the indigenous animal species.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Anyone know how to tell the difference between a Man eater shark and the normal one? Stuck on that challenge.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It's one of the hunting things mate. Take out a Man Eater shark using the bow - no idea how to tell the difference!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah. Go to the location on the map. Lots of sharks swimming about. Man eater is black (so darker than the others) and has something hanging out of its mouth (looks like a fishing hook but quite big). There is only one man eater. Craft a hunters vision syringe and use it and it makes life easier on the hunter quests.

When Lukey boy says challenges, he means the 'Path of the Hunter' quests (blue stags head icon).

GSXR + KDX220
As said its darker and has a hook in its mouth. I only had about 5 swimming around so I killed em all anyway lol

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'll take a look. I did manage to kill it by accident after looking around for 15 minutes yesterday, but failed the quest as I hit it with my boat. Lol!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It genuinely makes me feel on edge with sharks about, lol! Takes me back to playing Tomb Raider 2. Lol.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I know what you mean, whenever I'm in the water I'm swimming as fast as I can towards rocks or the beach. Started to relax with inland water and then a crocodile got me :(

LY R26 #288
Really tempted to buy this now. Was looking at some of the videos on YouTube last night. Story looks quiet good.

Golf R32
Reading this thread was far to much temptation so I bought a copy on my way home Monday. No real idea about the main quest or what I'm actually supposed to be doing, I'm just running round the island taking out the wildlife and raiding camps. Brilliant fun and so easy to lose a couple of hours :)

Crocodiles and sharks have both made me jump, sneaky gits.

The black panther challenge was, well pretty challenging as I came across a couple of hours in before I'd actually paid attention to the leveling up etc. Actually only completed it by taking advantage of a slight glitch

Just spent the last few hours doing a spot of sneaky hunting. As you do.

Then got back into the story when I'd got bored. Kick The Hornet's Nest is doing my head in; I think I must have done it about a billion times now..

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
This worth a go at £28.99? It sounds pretty good, can you free roam multiplayer?

Then got back into the story when I'd got bored. Kick The Hornet's Nest is doing my head in; I think I must have done it about a billion times now..

Really? The first time I tried it, I still managed to burn down 4 of the 5 fields without any Molotovs or a Flamethrower. Just stick to the top of the right-hand hill surrounding the fields, use a sniper to shoot the explosive barrels and make sure you've got some Molotovs to finish off any bits that the barrels didn't set on fire; you don't really need a flamethrower.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Really? The first time I tried it, I still managed to burn down 4 of the 5 fields without any Molotovs or a Flamethrower. Just stick to the top of the right-hand hill surrounding the fields, use a sniper to shoot the explosive barrels and make sure you've got some Molotovs to finish off any bits that the barrels didn't set on fire; you don't really need a flamethrower.

Exactly this. Keep moving around the hills and you don't get 'dizzy' either.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Not opening that spoiler :cool lol. Really enjoying this, just got blown up in the chopper by an RPG then tied up and chucked into the water. Not sure if that's far or not.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Not opening that spoiler :cool lol. Really enjoying this, just got blown up in the chopper by an RPG then tied up and chucked into the water. Not sure if that's far or not.

Yeah Vaas is a bit of a mental case isn't he? I did that bit ages ago but then I only started back on the main quest a few days ago.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'm still really enjoying this. Think Oli (Cub) and myself are going to attempt the multiplayer campaign tonight if anyone fancies joining us? Can be four player iirc.

Thats what I had been doing - sniping the barrels from that hill, and the same on the other side -(behind the bigger hut) but sniping every barrel meant there was always a few fields left. I was Molotov free.

On my five-billionth go though, I mastered it; snipe one field, obliterate the next with flame thrower, and repeat.

When I finally did it, I just went for a little wander to see what I could come across. Found a shack with a load of loot and dead bodies outside. So naturally started looting away. Until a tiger casually strolled out of the shack and f**ked me the s**t up.

I love this game.

Oh and Cassowarys are c**ts.

Last edited: