ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Far cry

Anyone know anything about this game? Went to have a look at some pc parts earlier and the bloke at the shop kept mentioning this game all the time

Lee

BMW M2C
The original on PC or the 360 version?

The PC one was excellent. Looked fantastic and played really well. I'm seriously looking forward to Crysis. One of the lads here worked on the animation on Crysis and confirmed it does look as good as the stuff they've been showing, even if it is currently bodged to work.

Just had a look, the screenshots look good! It's the pc version he was talking about Lee.

Is the multiplayer good on this?

Not like my pc's any good at the mo, but will look into getting it when I've got something more powerful than what I've got

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Aye, still one of the best looking games on any platform. The scale of the levels is also very impressive. There's an HDR patch available if you have a go faster graphics card which looks awesome. Just wish I had time to play it!

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
AndyA4 said:
OMG, just watched the trailer for Crysis. :approve:

you got the link for the Crysis trailer

Yeah Far Cry is a great game, funny when you use the scope and zoom in to do a head shot and you can hear the guys talking about you. LOL

Finished this on the intermediate level and it took ages, after a while you just want it to end.

GW RS200
Buy it as soon as you can as it's easily the best one player game i've played in the last 10 years! Watched my bro complete it thru on hardest level - but i wasnt man enough to do it on medium!!

Steve

FarCry is a brilliant shooter. I have played it through 3 times in the past and have installed it for technical reasons on my new setup, but I found myself playing it AGAIN :D

Crysis looks superb. I love PC games. It's where the techonology, both hardware and software, is born. Consoles are fantastic, but not in the same league for those who like to be at the cuttng edge.

The console die hards often fail to realise that they have the PC to thank for the game they are playing, one way or the other.

Not sure where that came from but it is a strange hour ffs

For me, consoles own for driving games, but for a shooter, mouse and keyboard is the defacto standard. You also need serious resolution for a shooter, especially for wide open games like FarCry where you need to see far into the distance.

R

rich[182]

Farcry better than HL2 imo, the story, maps, gameplay, and the A.I are amazing, Agree Roy, for FPS its gotta be mouse & kbrd, Farcry on consoles isnt in the same league

Put it this way, if you played any FPS multiplayer online with a controller/keypad v someone with m&kbrd you'd get anhialated