ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Farewell RB. It's Been Lovely. *Pic Heavy*

RB 182
So as some of you already know, i passed ownership of my wonderful FF RB 182 over to Feirny this weekend at CSS.

I'm going travelling in Australia in August, so after a few months of convincing myself i can keep it at home waiting for me, i decided i'll probably need the money to pay off the D&D fines i'll accumulate whilst i'm over there.

(Drunk & Disorderly, not Dungeons & Dragons btw)

A massive mistake i made, was selling an RS before attending an RS meet. It broke my heart.

Anyway, i figured i'd make a quick thread posting some of my favourite photos of the car, also showing the progress made!

As always, comments and criticism welcome!

Oh... but beware when criticising, as the car is now Feirny's and he's a little sensitive sometimes (and because Moderator).

My favourite is almost definitely the one with Feirny's arse out. Fine crack.

So here's how the car started, on the day i received it! - 15" Renault Speedline Turbines in Matte Black, Custom Exhaust (stupidly loud), a few knicks and grazes all round along with a horrible nipple ring/tassle.

Also a MASSIVE crack in the windscreen (can't see on pics).

IMG_2730_zps56a1d90b.jpg

IMG_2731_zps8123d8d6.jpg

IMG_2734_zpsc9e3a7bc.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

After giving her a fresh MOT, 12 Months Tax, Full rear change - Shocks, Discs/pads/bearings etc, i wanted new shoes.

So i sold the Turbines, and bought NixieJ's PH1 172 OZ F1's, wrapped them in some rubber and was on my way.. the wheels were a bit worse for wear, flaking etc.

I also gave Gavin from AutoGlass a ring and got the nasty crack sorted with a brand spanking new purple shaded (wtf) windscreen.

IMG_2861.jpg

photo2-2_zps1d88a02d.jpg

Next, came the wheel refurb (which i did myself), the skoda splitter and the all important 3/4 plate.

Not to mention changing all the exterior/interior bulbs & holders etc. inc CREE reverse lights (which i'd highly recommend).

I also splashed out on a Ktec Ultra Performance exhaust, as the other backbox was just deafening, along with some new Carbon bits and bobs - interior trims, exhaust surrounds etc.

image_zpsab6f1f58.jpg

48209deb-d34a-40cc-b836-4de970a102fa_zpsf0b5d11c.jpg

image-1_zps38ee3b34.jpg

image-2_zps609fef9e.jpg

image-3_zpse570a65e.jpg

Also had a little trip out to the Big Chester Meet with NixieJ... which turned out to be a massive disaster as we turned up a week early..:banghead:

image-8_zpsf66d23de.jpg

image-6_zps42f9f56a.jpg

photo1-2_zps9300e4de.jpg

After all that.. I refurbed the headlights, sorted out the windscreen wipers all round and gave her a full service and bits more, CSS came around!

So here's a few pictures from mine and other people's collections (Inc the pic of Feirny's crack).

IMG_3576_zps8226d578.jpg

IMG_3577_zps6662e13c.jpg

IMG_3579_zps95ce15c6.jpg

8606887812_b992ba68c4_z_zps9a294019.jpg

DSC_0046_zps58f6229b.jpg

9110056558_1e192895b0_c_zps6362800a.jpg

9109604073_91d1731df2_b_zpsaa2fd939.jpg

IMG_0796_zps39469b40.jpg

IMG_3622_zpsfa366721.jpg

IMG_3618_zpsdc0d2397.jpg

IMG_3616_zps10f92d24.jpg

Pro ones (compared to my iphone 4) - feel free to steal.

IMG_0109_zpsa6725a2b.jpg

IMG_0104_zpsd49bf806.jpg

IMG_0100_zps6245a738.jpg

IMG_0091_zps6409a417.jpg

My personal faaaave.

9117640508_7b4df048f6_h_zps32ebc36c.jpg

I know it's a common saying round these parts that you'll always come back to an RS, and i'm pretty sure i'll be back in one sooner than i think.

I loved every minute of it.

So thanks for looking.. and Greggles.. enjoy your new motor.

Siddle

I used to have an RB and loved it.
Yours is an especially good one!
However after doing a similar thing in Australia, I can safely say it is much, much more fun than the Clio.
Where in Oz are you heading?
You could always buy another one when/if you return too!

RB 182
lovely :) really want a RB now!

Treat yourself! Ha.

Weekend toy ;)

I used to have an RB and loved it.
Yours is an especially good one!
However after doing a similar thing in Australia, I can safely say it is much, much more fun than the Clio.
Where in Oz are you heading?
You could always buy another one when/if you return too!

Thanks mate!

Its something I've always wanted to do and couldn't turn down an opportunity when it arose.

We're heading to Sydney at first to do a little bit of grafting, then who knows!

Suggestions welcome. Haha.

Looks good. I think I saw it at the malton meet this year?

You did mate yeah! T'was great the way there was so many RS's there!

Loved that meet, pretty random with the Mustang though.

I'll definitely be back in a Clio at some point.

I'd say within the next few years.. But realistically it'll be when I return.. Within a few weeks haha.

monaco 172
Looks great mate. I'm dreading the day I have to sell my rs when we get a house.

Always loved the Rb, my only niggle with yours is that I think rb looks better with lighter coloured wheel like the non cup 182 wheels or turinis from a 172 cup

RB 182
Lovely car dude, I've always been a big fan if it. At least you no it's in good hands though.

That's lovely mate.

Lovely mate what was this lowered on?

Thanks boys! :approve:

Its on the OEM Cup shocks and Apex Springs.

Feirny has plans for CookSport springs IIRC!

It looked great on saturday mate least you know its going to be in good hands with Greg.

Not quite car of the show though ey Craig ;) haha

Thanks mate. He'll make some serious progress from what he's said!

Your Sunny is now my phone background too btw!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Very nice car mate you'll defo miss it! Still joke about you coming a week early to the meet.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Greggles back in an RS.

Car is very tidy mate, always really liked RB.

I'm joking, I've done nearly 1000 miles in it since Friday, it's decent and very quick.

Don't know whether to change bits, or get rid in a few months. We'll see how it goes.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Sits really well on those 15's for springs, I'm hoping the cooksports go as low so I can go for some 15's.

RB 182
Shed!

Ok it's not!!

Less of the lip you, or I'll tell your Mrs that you plan on spending your honeymoon Turbo'ing the PH1 ;) haha

Very nice car mate you'll defo miss it! Still joke about you coming a week early to the meet.

Ahhh stop reminding people! We did it on purpose.

​Still need to see the V6 though.

my fave b.g.b!!!!!

Your sales will be sky high now that I won't be ringing every week and gabbing on about some s**te clogging your phone lines up! Ha!

Thanks mate!

Its something I've always wanted to do and couldn't turn down an opportunity when it arose.

We're heading to Sydney at first to do a little bit of grafting, then who knows!

Suggestions welcome. Haha.

I went to Sydney as well, probably spent about 7-8 months living there in total.
Amazing city!

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Must of been hard to say bye. I've not managed that, hence why I still have it and got it march 06 - oh

RB 182
That's got to be my favorite rb on here. Looks stunning.

:eek: :cheers:

I went to Sydney as well, probably spent about 7-8 months living there in total.
Amazing city!

it's known for being dear to live in as a city, so as long as i can hold the job up.. it should be quality!

6 weeks to go.

Must of been hard to say bye. I've not managed that, hence why I still have it and got it march 06 - oh

ha ha, it certainly was.

sounds strange when you admit to yourself that you're emotionally attached to a machine.

the good news is, i've been good friends with Feirny was years, we go way back.. before my times of CS! so not only do i know it's in good hands, but i'll get chance to see it pretty often!

actually.. not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

130i Road, 172 Track
Hit us up (or join ozrenaultsport) when you come to Syd. Worth having a local to show you around!

Not quite car of the show though ey Craig ;) haha

Thanks mate. He'll make some serious progress from what he's said!

Your Sunny is now my phone background too btw!

Good to see him back in an RS.

haha really? Which picture are you using one from CSS?

Have fun in Sydney its an amazing place i went there when i done abit of travelling in 2011 i didnt want to leave the place. But it is expensive.

Clio 172
Does Feirny work in Crossflats near Keighley West Yorks ? I see a 182 at work exactly like this everyday when I pull into the car park in my 172? Still yet to work out who owns it! Lol.

Lovelymotor by the way!

Does Feirny work in Crossflats near Keighley West Yorks ? I see a 182 at work exactly like this everyday when I pull into the car park in my 172? Still yet to work out who owns it! Lol.

Lovelymotor by the way!

no mate, was Cortonwood near Barnsley until today.

RB 182
Hit us up (or join ozrenaultsport) when you come to Syd. Worth having a local to show you around!

Sweet, thanks mate!

Ill have a look now.

I didn't think there'd be many RS' over there tbh! Is the scene pretty small or am I too naive? Ha

Good to see him back in an RS.

haha really? Which picture are you using one from CSS?

Have fun in Sydney its an amazing place i went there when i done abit of travelling in 2011 i didnt want to leave the place. But it is expensive.

yeah, I just took a photo on my phone of your engine bay! I only got one or two.

ive heard about it being stupidly expensive, but I'm quite looking forward to working over there.

so fingers crossed I won't have to dip into my savings too much and I'll be able to support myself pretty well!

no mate, was Cortonwood near Barnsley until today.

New job, new car... What's next?

130i Road, 172 Track
Saw you joined up OZRS mate - good form!

Plenty of RS in Aus. We've got 5 in the family ;)

So I did xD

I know you don't like me that much but a beep or something so we could both put a face to the name would be nice ;)

Car looks really nice tbh mate, I spotted the arse end after I had got out of the car and it stood out a mile to me, missus just chuckled at how excited I got when I saw an RB *blushes*