ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fast road clutch choices

Clio 1.6 swap 2l
Hello wanting people opinions, I going to fit a lightweight flywheel and want to change to a fast road clutch or paddle but I don’t want it it be to harsh is it worth the money or should I just get a valeo. Iv also seen some fast road clutches on eBay round the 180 to 300 mark has anyone used them also. Thanks

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Stock flywheel is pretty light isn't it?

Wouldn't recommend a paddle for normal road driving, it's not terrible but it's not as smooth as normal.

Clio 1.6 swap 2l
Stock flywheel is pretty light isn't it?

Wouldn't recommend a paddle for normal road driving, it's not terrible but it's not as smooth as normal.
Well the flywheels Iv been looking at are only a few kg less I just want it to Rev abit quicker and I’ll most likely stick with an oe one as I’m not running mega power

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I've had a Valeo installed on a previous 182 about 7 or 8 years ago, but went for the LUK this time around from KAM Racing.

Only reason for not going Valeo was because I'd seen a few post about issues with the Valeo over the last year or two. Not sure if it was a change in design, faulty batch, or non genuine items being used. But figured ordering from KAM Racing and going with the LUK instead should omit any potential issues.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
For near standard cars I do not see the need for a fancy one. At best for regular trackday cars I think a high quality organic clutch is the answer. For racing clutches tend to get more abuse and tougher ones are more likely to be required.

Clio 1.6 swap 2l
For near standard cars I do not see the need for a fancy one. At best for regular trackday cars I think a high quality organic clutch is the answer. For racing clutches tend to get more abuse and tougher ones are more likely to be required.
What brand would you recommend as it’s a pretty standard engine with the usual “fast road” stuff done to it