ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fastest car here

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 27 December 2004

I bet the noble driver has no intention of ragging it up a 1/4 mile strip.
My mate will deffo run his M400 up the strip... and on the track...

Quote: Originally posted by Frosty on 27 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 27 December 2004

Frosty, its for Clios, who gives a toss about a noble and what it can do. Any idiot knows a noble is faster than a Clio. You should go on the GTR register if you think your cars quick...
Sort it out!

That was my first post on this thread - its other people that have put the Noble forward. I am not belittling Clios (I own a Cup), I am just saying that a car doesnt have to do a 1/4 mile to prove its quick - and I said anyone who doesnt agree need only strap themselves in and no 1/4 mile time needed - so why all the hostility? - you say you own a noble, big deal, I could say I own an Enzo, you see my point? so yeah, 1/4 mile times, 0-100 are required. we know a nobles quick, but this will go on forever.

RE. The GTR register - I have been a member there for years (same username as here) and Im looking at getting an R-34 in a couple of years. - the thread will still probably going on by then, failing that we can re open it and everyone can talk about their 1500bhp Skylines... :sleep:

Please dont start with the "well if you think your cars quick..." rubbish because this just shows envy which is something the car enthusiast world could do without. This is the very same reason cars get keyed etc. - I dont envy anyone, Im perfectly happy with what I have. cars also get keyed because you may cut people up or drive like a penis, if this has happened unlucky, but envy is what people like to think to make themselves feel big.

When your toys are back in the pram let me know. - toys are back in the pram now, they include a million bhp noble, a 2 million bhp skyline... etc etc
If were talking about fastest cars on here whats the point, people can make up any old sh*t or bring up a picture of countless cars from the net. Bet my spaceship in the basement is faster down the 1/4 than your land speeder... yawn!

Nissan R35 GT-R

Quote: Originally posted by Frosty on 27 December 2004

Frosty, its for Clios, who gives a toss about a noble and what it can do. Any idiot knows a noble is faster than a Clio. You should go on the GTR register if you think your cars quick...
Sort it out!

That was my first post on this thread - its other people that have put the Noble forward. I am not belittling Clios (I own a Cup), I am just saying that a car doesnt have to do a 1/4 mile to prove its quick - and I said anyone who doesnt agree need only strap themselves in and no 1/4 mile time needed - so why all the hostility? - you say you own a noble, big deal, I could say I own an Enzo, you see my point? so yeah, 1/4 mile times, 0-100 are required. we know a nobles quick, but this will go on forever.

RE. The GTR register - I have been a member there for years (same username as here) and Im looking at getting an R-34 in a couple of years. - the thread will still probably going on by then, failing that we can re open it and everyone can talk about their 1500bhp Skylines... :sleep:

Please dont start with the "well if you think your cars quick..." rubbish because this just shows envy which is something the car enthusiast world could do without. This is the very same reason cars get keyed etc. - I dont envy anyone, Im perfectly happy with what I have. cars also get keyed because you may cut people up or drive like a penis, if this has happened unlucky, but envy is what people like to think to make themselves feel big.

When your toys are back in the pram let me know. - toys are back in the pram now, they include a million bhp noble, a 2 million bhp skyline... etc etc
If were talking about fastest cars on here whats the point, people can make up any old sh*t or bring up a picture of countless cars from the net. Bet my spaceship in the basement is faster down the 1/4 than your land speeder... yawn!
So basically you are saying that I dont have a Noble unless I give a 0-100 time. Fine its 8.8 seconds. Its people like you that turn a fun and interesting thread into a argumentative squable about the integrity of peoples claims.

As for your closing jokes about toys being back in the pram, youre wasting your time by trying to make my claims look like fantasy.

All I said is that I dont think every owner must run their car up the strip when its a factory production car. Just claim the manufacturers time. You have somehow seen this as an invitation to question the cars existance in the first place, and then say youre not envious. Youre not making any sense.

I feel sorry for you, but one thing I will say is if the only things you have to say are derogatory then just dont bother posting to me - really youre wasting your time.

Frosty, the thread was finished by about the 2nd page if you read it from the beginning, after that came the sarcastic comments of "yeah, well I own a 10000bhp Evo" etc etc. Now its being dragged out for peoples bragging rights... really, who cares, this is Clio site, not a my m8s best friends cousins room mates brother has.... which is what it turned into very quickly. if its any car that can be counted why was it posted in Clio discussion and not other marques???

Who cares how fast everyones car is? Its how much your getting laid that matters. Ive never heard any girl sleeping with a guy because he could 1/4 mile in under 14 secs. I have however heard of many blokes with Porsches and Ferraris getting plenty of sexy women. Think about it.

IMO of course.;)

Quote: Originally posted by docter fox on 27 December 2004

thejesus,

you say people can make up what cars they have....surely it would be easier to make up times for your own ;)
hehe, good point... okay here i go... "mine runs..."

women arent interested in blokes just becuase of their fast cars as proven on topgear last nite (common knowlage if you like girls other than council estate slappers who are into novas with stupid spoilers). if your a munter of a bloke you best start brushing up of your comedy skills. its all down to other men trying to outdo other men this has been going on for millions of years but this time the prize isnt a girl, so what is the prize ?? being the biggest geek, having the lowest income becuase all the money is spent on a car.. ? see my point.

ive decided i never want a stupid bhp car, i just want a balance of everthing, looks, economy, performance now and again and of course handling.. without sacrificing all the comforts when im knackerd from work and just want to cruise home.

172 Exclusive

Quote: Originally posted by Willy Williams on 27 December 2004

Who cares how fast everyones car is? Its how much your getting laid that matters. Ive never heard any girl sleeping with a guy because he could 1/4 mile in under 14 secs. I have however heard of many blokes with Porsches and Ferraris getting plenty of sexy women. Think about it.

IMO of course.;)

I have to say mate that i knew a girl that loved speed and we had a n agreement i let her drive my car cos she loved how quick it was and i shagged her

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 27 December 2004

women arent interested in blokes just becuase of their fast cars as proven on topgear last nite (common knowlage if you like girls other than council estate slappers who are into novas with stupid spoilers). if your a munter of a bloke you best start brushing up of your comedy skills. its all down to other men trying to outdo other men this has been going on for millions of years but this time the prize isnt a girl, so what is the prize ?? being the biggest geek, having the lowest income becuase all the money is spent on a car.. ? see my point.

ive decided i never want a stupid bhp car, i just want a balance of everthing, looks, economy, performance now and again and of course handling.. without sacrificing all the comforts when im knackerd from work and just want to cruise home.

Good point mate, BUT we are all on here as clio enthusiasts, we could go on http://www.ilikegirls.comwww.ilikegirls.com if we wanted to talk about women. Id love a stupidly fast car, each to their own i say.

Mitchy is right in saying that the clio has alot to prove, thats why i love them, some of my older 2l clios could out run or stick with Boxsters/scoobies,M3s etc, thats why i love them, if i can drive my tuned clio to far greater potential then 45yr old Dave in his Carrera4 then im happy, it doesnt mean that a clio is faster then a Carrera4, it just means that i have achived what i wanted, to build something, and know it well enough to push it harder and make it faster then a Carrera4 driven by Dave!

Quote: Originally posted by skiddusmarkus on 27 December 2004
The thread title is "fastest car here?",not "fastest Clio here;).

yup thats what i asked!

But Dave has Cindy in the passenger seat of his carrera4. You over take Dave while he isnt trying (because he isnt bothered) and claim your car is faster. And it probably is. But Dave doesnt give a sh*t. He didnt buy the car to go fast. He bought the car to look good and he has bigger fish to fry and sexier women to fcuk. He doesnt waste his time worrying about 5k Clios. Hes worried about f**king Cindy, getting a promotion at work, getting a second house, fcuking his secretary, getting that big money deal, booking his holidays in the Barhamas.

Hes not worries about coilovers, lowering springs, magnex exhausts, lexus lights or any other small fry stuff.

He thinks big. Thats why he doesnt drive a poxy Clio.

IMO of course;)

This has turned intoo a fight thread! Willy Williams, my story was hypothetical. Dont mistake everyone on here as 17yr olds who have just got their license and think their lowered 1.2s are the fastest things on earth. My point was made in an attempt to show why i, like many others, choose the clio. Not that we cant afford to, id rather spend 2k on a clio and make it fast, and involiving, then £500 getting my S3 chipped to 270bhp. Im even selling my S3 to fund another 2l project, becuase as far as im concerned, the williams is one of the most involving cars i have driven, and manages to put a smile on my face everytime i drive it to its capabilities, or mine

exactly clean, and the reason i asked for 1/4 times is so no one can argue and whinge as if its there on paper, than thats that really how can u argue?!

Just understand people buy cars for different reasons. Just as there is nothing wrong with you ploughing money into a 10 year old dinosaur to impress other men on the 1/4 mile, there is nothing wrong with a rich middle age man buying a Porsche to impress women.

Each to their own. But personally id rather get laid than drive a 1/4 mile in 14 seconds.

IMO of course.;)

Now i just think your winding me up! lol, my first post said each to their own. i can see the attaction in all cars, its just what sort of enjoyment the driver wishes to extract from it, be it heated leathers, mind boggling straight line speed, or cornering ability.

I also like to get laid, but this post is about 1/4 mile times, not getting laid, you can prove that over on http://www.ilikegirls.comwww.ilikegirls.com ;)

VaVa

Just understand people buy cars for different reasons. Just as there is nothing wrong with you ploughing money into a 10 year old dinosaur to impress other men on the 1/4 mile, there is nothing wrong with a rich middle age man buying a Porsche to impress women.

Each to their own. But personally id rather get laid than drive a 1/4 mile in 14 seconds.

IMO of course.;)
Agreed.

For the record. Between the roundabout at Jhn Fords Garage to Ludgate street in Tutbury, I would be faster than any car on this site. Local knowledge rules!!

williams and trophy

IMO of course.;)

lol........... this gettin laid vs 1/4 mile times lol.........

personally id rather have a time ticket with 13.8 on it in my name than jump on the mrs again tonite........too much of a good thing can spoil it mate lol;)

BMW 320d Sport

LOL Willy Williams you said it.

The reason why we quarter mile our Clios and do whatever we can to get them quick is BECAUSE they are Clios. Joe Bloggs from Accounts buys a Scooby because he reckons its quick. He reads a bit of Evo and dreams about being a handy driver. But a select few on here on this thread are driving around in what are basically crap French ladies shopping cars that could cane his arse any day of the week, any road, any time.

And our old Clios probably cost a lot less than a Noble, or a Scooby or an Evo or whatever. And thats the whole point. We just do it for the hell of it. Some people want a hide interior and cup holders. I want a car that is faster than anything else Im likely to encounter and damn the creature comforts.

172 Exclusive

Alot of people get so much enjoyment out of driving there clios and there has to be a reason for it. A main reason is because they are so underated

I agree with Nick and 2live. I really dont think there is anything wrong with owning a fast Clio (except maybe a 182). I know you two are true enthusiasts and going fast to you is what you enjoy. Hell if it keeps Jon off those street corners at night then it can only be a good thing.

However, having said that, id rather sleep with Cindy than beat Ken down the 1/4 mile*

*unless ive already had Cindy, in which case my interest in her has gone and id rather drive 2ltr tin foil car down a long patch of tarmac as an equally mad crowd jeer and shout derision at my race car.

IMO, of course.;)

[Edited by Willy Williams on 28 December 2004 at 11:08am]

BMW 320d Sport

Willy - have you ever been quarter miling yourself mate? If not, you should. Just because, funny as your small print is in that last post, you tend to find that quarter milers - or at least RWYB drivers who run their own road cars - are a very friendly bunch and would never dream of jeering and shouting derision at anyone. We respect anyone who takes their car up the strip, regardless of what theyre driving or who they are. Its just as good to see someone smoking off the line in a 1.2 Clio and barely sneaking in under 20 seconds as it is to see the a Willy go in at 14 something. Thats why its such a wicked thing to take part in.

Everyones trying to beat their previous best. When you first start out, you mess up the launch, change gear too early, dont rev it enough, leave all your heavy crap in the boot etc but that leaves plenty of scope for improvement. As you get better at quarter miling, work on your car some more, improve your driving, it gets harder and harder to make big gains, hence once youve been doing it a while, you are just looking for tenths of a second really. But of course, Joe Bloggs who just buys a supposedly fast car and is happy to quote manufacturers figures for it without proving it, thinks were idiots because we are getting excited over bringing our times down by 0.1 or 0.2 seconds!

Whether a WIlliams is quicker than a Noble is totally irrelevant. The truth is that we are not in competition with Nobles. We are in competition with ourselves and each other, to make those Clios of ours as quick as they possibly can be. If that has a by-product of smoking a brand new car that should has everything in its favour and should be quicker, then thats an added bonus.

funny thread.

nick makes sense. when i bought the 172 new 1.2yrs ago i wasnt even really into cars, now iam car mad. Must be a reason ? i didnt really know what is was buying just liked its looks and that it wasnt huge in yer face car, just wanted subtle speed. i had a knackerd 1.4 rover before owning, imagine the first time i caned it and realised id bought something a wee bit faster than i thought hehe.

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 28 December 2004

Willy - have you ever been quarter miling yourself mate? If not, you should. Just because, funny as your small print is in that last post, you tend to find that quarter milers - or at least RWYB drivers who run their own road cars - are a very friendly bunch and would never dream of jeering and shouting derision at anyone. We respect anyone who takes their car up the strip, regardless of what theyre driving or who they are. Its just as good to see someone smoking off the line in a 1.2 Clio and barely sneaking in under 20 seconds as it is to see the a Willy go in at 14 something. Thats why its such a wicked thing to take part in.

Everyones trying to beat their previous best. When you first start out, you mess up the launch, change gear too early, dont rev it enough, leave all your heavy crap in the boot etc but that leaves plenty of scope for improvement. As you get better at quarter miling, work on your car some more, improve your driving, it gets harder and harder to make big gains, hence once youve been doing it a while, you are just looking for tenths of a second really. But of course, Joe Bloggs who just buys a supposedly fast car and is happy to quote manufacturers figures for it without proving it, thinks were idiots because we are getting excited over bringing our times down by 0.1 or 0.2 seconds!

Whether a WIlliams is quicker than a Noble is totally irrelevant. The truth is that we are not in competition with Nobles. We are in competition with ourselves and each other, to make those Clios of ours as quick as they possibly can be. If that has a by-product of smoking a brand new car that should has everything in its favour and should be quicker, then thats an added bonus.

Yeah you are quite right. I was only messing about. 1/4 miling isnt really my thing, but i can see the attraction. And i agree with you about beating yourself.

The finest men in this world are the ones that are consistently victorious against the toughest opposition, themselves.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

what has an interest in cars, and moddifying them got to do with women? If a woman is after me purely because I have a porka, then what the fuk is she all about!! hmmm real sence of achievement! id rather not bother! they are the sort of women to stay clear from IMO!

i do just as well with women, as i ever have, regardless of what my interests are or what car i drive!

mk2 172

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 28 December 2004

what has an interest in cars, and moddifying them got to do with women? If a woman is after me purely because I have a pork sword, then what the fuk is she all about!! hmmm real sence of achievement!
thats all they are all after mate;)