ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fastest car here

Out of interest has anyone got a club time for a standard Williams / 172 with full fuel and all the interior? Just be interesting to see how it compares to the time of mid 16s for a Williams / 172 that some people quote as 1/4 mile time.

Any of you guys fitted a Lsd yet? its a massively worthwhile mod and gives a great boost off the line, out of slow corners and more security at high speed.

I fitted a quaife one to my rally car and the difference is amazing even for a nearly std engine wise 205 gti (it just has twin 45s)

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Willy Williams on 26 December 2004

Out of interest has anyone got a club time for a standard Williams / 172 with full fuel and all the interior? Just be interesting to see how it compares to the time of mid 16s for a Williams / 172 that some people quote as 1/4 mile time.
Here you go..

javascript ShowProfile1208">

Clio Williams
27/07/2003
York Dragway
Engine mods

javascript ShowProfile1140">

Clio Williams
25/08/2002
York Dragway

javascript ShowProfile1095">

Clio Williams
03/08/2003
Santa Pod
K&N

javascript ShowProfile1452">

Clio Williams 1
27/07/2003
York Dragway
K&N panel fiter, Devil de-cat pipe, engine mods

javascript ShowProfile1291">

Clio Williams 1
03/08/2003
Santa Pod
HP Induction Kit, Chipped, Exhaust

javascript ShowProfile1010">

Clio Williams 1
05/08/2001
Santa Pod

javascript ShowProfile2198">
Clio Williams 2
10/10/2004
York Dragway
Remap, Cams and Exhaust

javascript ShowProfile1021">

Clio Williams 2
14/10/2001
Santa Pod
Decat, Magnex, K&N filter

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 25 December 2004

York use the same timing equipment as the pod IIRC and a few members off here have been to both and run similar times...Adams_16v and 2live spring to mind.....
It does use the exact same timing system as Pod, and the only discrepencies on times between the two venues are the fact that the start line at York is better suited to road cars, and theres usually a head wind at Pod.

Generally around 0.2secs quicker at York vs Pod, sometimes the same depending on the conditions at each venue on that given day. There is as much variance at Pod itself running on two different days in fact!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by stu8v on 26 December 2004

Out of interest what spec/power are you guys got to be running 14s?
Of the 3 Ive run 14s in...

Pug 306 Rallye - Ramair panel filter, no spare & rear seats out - 14.7s @ 92mph

Clio 172 Cup - Pipercross Viper & rear seats out (only 3.5k miles old) - 14.5s @ 93mph

Civic Type-R - BMC CDA & cat-back zorst - 14.5s @ 97mph

The 306 time was a one off best ever launch and perfect run, generally getting 14.9-15.0s in that car, but on that day it all came together.

The Cup was fairly new, hardly any miles on and was amazed by such good times from a near standard car. In fact it ran 15.0s dead at Pod when it was only 2 weeks old (about 1200 miles) & totally standard at USC 2003 on one of the hottest days on record!

The CTR had more time to lose as Id not got the launches right yet, as you can see from the terminal once rolling it was cracking 97mph, but its not easy to get them off the line well, as they either bog (out of VTEC) or spin like fook!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Any of you guys fitted a Lsd yet? its a massively worthwhile mod and gives a great boost off the line, out of slow corners and more security at high speed.
A mate of mine has a well tweaked CTR thats stupidly quick and has just invested in an LSD so itll be good to see how he does next season... hell be up at York a couple of times Im sure, but Pod is nearer for him.

172 Exclusive

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 26 December 2004

Stu8v-The only valvers that run 14s are ones with the williams f7r engine, this alone will get you into the high 14s or even mid 14s if the engine is tweaked (rebuilt/chipped) to get below 14.4 cams are required to get down to 14.1/14.2 ..these cars are also either totally stripped or have back seats/shelf etc out and have approx 175/180 bhp....

Skiddusmarkus- i look forward to seeing your beast down at York RWYB I got hooked last year and Im hoping to go to 4-5 next year...

[Edited by Martin. on 26 December 2004 at 10:55am]
I beg to differ there is a clio witha 1.8 in that covers 1/4mile in 13.9 seconds and thats on throttle bodies 199bhp

GTiR 394bhp

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 26 December 2004

Stu8v-The only valvers that run 14s are ones with the williams f7r engine, this alone will get you into the high 14s or even mid 14s if the engine is tweaked (rebuilt/chipped) to get below 14.4 cams are required to get down to 14.1/14.2 ..these cars are also either totally stripped or have back seats/shelf etc out and have approx 175/180 bhp....

Skiddusmarkus- i look forward to seeing your beast down at York RWYB I got hooked last year and Im hoping to go to 4-5 next year...

[Edited by Martin. on 26 December 2004 at 10:55am]

Ill be there,its only an hour away from me and a nice drive once off the M62.Itll probably March time when I first go,I havent checked the dates for next year yet.

I ran my Clio there in the summer and it got 15.9secs @ 85mph which is about what I expected-only mod being a K&N which I reckon slows these cars down:D.

GTiR 394bhp

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 25 December 2004

Markus, my pal had a 400bhp GTIR, doubt it would see an 11.5 1/4 mile though. Thats maclaren F1 pace.

As to 1/4 mile times, unless run at the pod they mean nothing IMO. Anyone can strip the car, and run on petrol fumes. York times and pod times vary quite a bit.

I reckon 60 onwards myself and hippychick will need something special to convincingly pass us 60-160.

My mates brother has got a Jabbasport Cupra-its meant to be about 360bhp and is a tad rapid apparently.He sold his mint G60 to buy it.He says it would kill his GTiR on the motorway and has hit nearly 180mph on a private test track.Ahem.

172 Exclusive

Its mental though must be a contender for the quickest 1.8.

Aslong as we are quicker than him next year craig

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

I fitted a quaife one to my rally car and the difference is amazing even for a nearly std engine wise 205 gti (it just has twin 45s)
Wouldnt it be better with traction control instead?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Snufty you know I was talking about normal 1.8s ...lol That beast is one of a kind had ££££ spent on it, I dont know of any other valver running close to its times. Id be intersted to see what he does at the actual strip..should be rapid though!

[Edited by Martin. on 26 December 2004 at 1:44pm]

172 Exclusive

Well he has not spent a huge amount on it to be fair but then again he is good mates with the person that is doing mine and craigs conversion

Quote: Originally posted by coolspot007007 on 26 December 2004

Wouldnt it be better with traction control instead?
Not really the only T/C i need is my right foot, With a diff it gives the mechanical advantage. In the most extreme case it will enable two wheels to share the grip instead of just spinning one like out of a tight junction etc.

T/C usually cuts power no good if you need it to pull you around a corner.

172 Exclusive

The only problem with LSDs is the price of them after getting one and getting it fitted you will be looking towards £1K

Yes your correct, but IMHO whats the point in having loads of power if you cant use all of it?

Look at all the production cars making big power they all have them in one form or another.

After wasting loads of the years I think the order that suits best or did for me on the rally car is,

1 Shell (challenge spec cage and lightened)

2 suspension (bilsteins all round)

3 brakes (carbon mettalic)

4 Tyres

5 transmission (lsd)

6 engine (stdish, carbs)

when on the track its amazing how much you can gain without engine mods.

I thought the 2.0l Meganes had a VC type diff fitted, sure my mate told me this as he fitted a megane box to his valver.

GTiR 394bhp

I spent a year looking for LSDs for my car and finally found them in Malaysia.You just have to be patient.There must have been a French one car series for the Clio so start looking thaddaway for ex motorpsort spares.

Hes just got a new gearbox designed for his modified supercharged V6! as he blew his last one up.

only got it fitted 2 weeks ago, said its much better or somet! hes gonna take me out this week if its dry one day! cant wait :D :D :D

williams and trophy

times for mine

completel standard with all seats etc........15.3.............without seats 15.0

with de-cat n panel filter......no seats/spare.......14.8..............with cat back zorst n AVOs got it down to 14.6

added completely rebuilt megane block n kent cams........14.4

had wayne aka chip wizards re-map..14.0

power wise.......std..135, cat n zorst etc...139-143........cams 143.......after map 139......all bhp @wheels...its the torque thats made the difference recently tho.comin up from 115 ish std, which was literally a peak lol, to 121 now,which flatlines to limiter

but judging by the amount of well my cars nearly finished etc etc etc........well i think ill add my williams powered mini to that list too......11s anyone??? lol

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

jon, was just thinking. when you had the cams etc and no remap, and ran the 14.4 i was also running 14.4 best all day that day!

then a few weeks later, you had the remap, and i was no different than before but we both were running much better times. 14.0 and 14.1 respectively. weather conditions i think made a big difference as they were ideal the 2nd time round and no headwind like before :)

williams and trophy

could well be mate.............my memories not the best lol......but i think the reason between the drops is more than just the weather.....id done more than that 1 meet with the same set up

and the last time out it ran 14.0s.....with a huge headwind.....so 13.8s is a def possibility as is i reckon.......will find out next season for sure lol

172 Exclusive

Next season i really cannot wait till next season it should be fun a couple of clios over 200bhp.

And you are building a willy engined mini you carzy fool jon lol

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 19 December 2004
quuickest round the track, Yozza gets my vote

Leo gets my vote
;)

Nissan R35 GT-R

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 20 December 2004

DISCUSS. My personal opinion is that you cannot claim to drive any kind of fast car until youve quarter miled it on road tyres. If you can get it accurately timed, 0-100 is possibly the best test of acceleration there is...ends up fast enough to dilute the effects of a bad driver/bad start/front wheel drive and allows the true capability of the car to come through. 0-60 is too biased towards rwd and 4wd cars.
Unless what you said is only aimed at MODIFIED cars then I dont agree.

On the road so many people overtake the Noble really dangerously. What do these people actually think has happened? Have they beaten a Noble? Put it this way - Id be faster than an Olympic 100m sprinter if they were walking!

In a car like that you dont have to prove anything! Anyone who doubts its performance should strap themselves in and I would LOVE to see their face when you squeeze the loud-pedal in 3rd. The acceleration that follows is simply mind-boggling when you compare it to the 3rd gear acceleration of a car that most people would agree is fast (a 172 is a good comparison).

Even now the surge of torque when the turbos hit full boost leaves me in a state where the only words I can get past my lips are expletives!

Frosty, its for Clios, who gives a toss about a noble and what it can do. Any idiot knows a noble is faster than a Clio. You should go on the GTR register if you think your cars quick...

Nissan R35 GT-R

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 27 December 2004

Frosty, its for Clios, who gives a toss about a noble and what it can do. Any idiot knows a noble is faster than a Clio. You should go on the GTR register if you think your cars quick...
Sort it out!

That was my first post on this thread - its other people that have put the Noble forward. I am not belittling Clios (I own a Cup), I am just saying that a car doesnt have to do a 1/4 mile to prove its quick - and I said anyone who doesnt agree need only strap themselves in and no 1/4 mile time needed - so why all the hostility?

RE. The GTR register - I have been a member there for years (same username as here) and Im looking at getting an R-34 in a couple of years.

Please dont start with the "well if you think your cars quick..." rubbish because this just shows envy which is something the car enthusiast world could do without. This is the very same reason cars get keyed etc.

When your toys are back in the pram let me know.

williams and trophy

is the v6 s/c finished, on the road, proven fast??

are the others proven??

its all well n good having a fast car, but wots the point if u never prove to anyone how fast it is? even if it is just to reassure yourself lol

anyone could buy a fast car......doesnt mean they know how to get the best out of it tho does it?

Porsche carrera/Noble/Tuned Supra/scoobs/Evos/Pulsars

2live, with cars like these, they dont need to be proven mate. Clios on the other hand do, as is the reason why there are so many 1/4 mile regulars from here. I bet the noble driver has no intention of ragging it up a 1/4 mile strip.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

depends how ya look at it! maybe not from standing, but how would you imagine a 270bhp evo against a 180bhp clio?

my mates evo. 270@fly, 191@wheels, 1200+kg = 159/ton@wheels

me clio, 140@wheels, 880kg = 159/ton@wheels

2L turbo scoobs, and pulsars arent that special either unless theyt are fettled with, they just have the benefit of 4wd off the line!