ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fastest car here

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 19 December 2004
Quote: Originally posted by Dan_mk1 on 19 December 2004Shouldnt you have to have ran a 1/4 to qualify, BHP doesnt really count....power to weight ratio is very important in 1/4 mileing though, I would have thought?Some people just dont like doing 1/4 miles (me included) doesnt mean their cars are slow? ;)I reckon MikeTs V6 at 330bhp per tonne it must be one of the fastest cars here? Simon.

Ya big girl! lol, for me, 1/4 is the only way to tell what your car can do..fair play having 330bhp per tonne, but a 1/4 time is more impressive IMO

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Times from crail should be ommitted.*

*Reason: a sextant and a casio 4.99 watch is not how you time 1/4 miles.

Round a track, Jon_R is most impressive as is Dai.

I cant drive for sh*t and my car is standardish.

OK kiddies you keep burning up and down your little 1/4 mile piece of tarmac, as if it makes a difference.....LOL ;)

I would still prefer MikeTs 440bhp V6 than anyother car here, even if it hasnt got a 1/4 mile time? :D

Simon.

Are we including non clios as a noble was mentioned, Ive got access to a couple of toys that might be in the running! :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 19 December 2004

i still think my cup could have him ;-)

*it is a joke ladies before you start throwing toys*

/y0z
im not so sure, i reckon youd give em a scare!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

1 of my neighbours (which i could get to join the club just incase u want to point out he isnt a member) has a ex rally metro 6r4 tunned up and has a sadev 6 speed sequential, just over 3 sec 0-60 and could hand any clio its ass on a plate round a track, oh and a new toy he is looking at ? a twin engined (hyabusa) caterham which again would paste pretty much ne thing, pluss he has said he would let my drive the 6r4 in the summer if we are talking about "borrowing" cars :p

lol...

this is going to get messy.

OK, lets keep it to cars that we can call Renault / RenaultSport / Renault Chassis (mated engines) ;-)

/y0z

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 19 December 2004

1 of my neighbours (which i could get to join the club just incase u want to point out he isnt a member) has a ex rally metro 6r4 tunned up and has a sadev 6 speed sequential, just over 3 sec 0-60 and could hand any clio its ass on a plate round a track, oh and a new toy he is looking at ? a twin engined (hyabusa) caterham which again would paste pretty much ne thing, pluss he has said he would let my drive the 6r4 in the summer if we are talking about "borrowing" cars :p
mmmmmm 6r4! Is your mate insane though? Had a drive in a mates busa westfield - awesome car for the money - and plenty fast enough for me.

If we were playng the "my mate has a " game, I was going to throw my Brother in Laws Diablo SV in to the pot.....

Another mate has just ordered a Bentley GT - ISTR they have a fair bit of shove.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 20 December 2004

i will be good for 12.8 or 12.9 next year
He he he... was quick enough with the 172 lump in... itll be insane now! ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Jason C on 20 December 2004

mmmmmm 6r4! Is your mate insane though? Had a drive in a mates busa westfield - awesome car for the money - and plenty fast enough for me.

If we were playng the "my mate has a " game, I was going to throw my Brother in Laws Diablo SV in to the pot.....

Another mate has just ordered a Bentley GT - ISTR they have a fair bit of shove.
Metro 6r4: responsible for more spectator deaths than any other rally car.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Le_Smithier on 20 December 2004

Metro 6r4: responsible for more spectator deaths than any other rally car.
Think youll find that was the Lancia Delta S4 mate, and was the car that ultimately got Group B banned...

williams and trophy

thought the lancias held that record........and drivers too

as for mods.......il be wearing me steel toe cap boots n modifying the floorpan slightly..more travel on pedal means more speed dunnit???

lmfao

well if we are to include anyone we know that owns a car it will have to be my cousins Police tuned Volvo T5R turbo... puts out over 400bhp at the wheels and will leave a Rari standing in its wake. He also has a Merc Turbo wiesel thats even quicker. Hes in the X cars before anyone asks and drives like a complete nutcase... well to me anyway.. very scary not being in control at those speeds.

I will be at york next season to see what my VX 220 turbo can do, Currently modified to about 250bhp. just for comparison a mk1 elise has 120bhp.

Quote: Originally posted by Danny P on 20 December 2004
I can do 12.6 @ 112 mph and 183 mph top speed in the Carrera. Does that count?

No because nothing on it is Clio/Renault derived ;)

300bhp MR2 Turbo

13.71 was my cars best 1/4 time.

Thats with a fcuked clutch.

Have a 6 paddle stage two RPS one on the way as we speak!

Should be looking at mid 12s by the summer.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 19 December 2004
Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 19 December 2004j3ned has a "little" surprise up his sleve (yes its a clio) low 13s[/QUOTE]Think most people know about his "surprise" though... ;)

Yeah, he posted it a while ago and it was also posted in some VAG forums.

Something new to look forward to seeing though. A unique engine change.

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 20 December 2004
13.71 was my cars best 1/4 time.Thats with a fcuked clutch.Have a 6 paddle stage two RPS one on the way as we speak!Should be looking at mid 12s by the summer.

will be interesting to see how it compared to my mates MR2T, i think he run it in 12.3, and he cant drive, lol

they are absolutely rapid cars once fettled with, especially with the right driver

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Quote: Originally posted by bambam1 on 20 December 2004

13.71 was my cars best 1/4 time.

Thats with a fcuked clutch.

Have a 6 paddle stage two RPS one on the way as we speak!

Should be looking at mid 12s by the summer.

will be interesting to see how it compared to my mates MR2T, i think he run it in 12.3, and he cant drive, lol

they are absolutely rapid cars once fettled with, especially with the right driver

Hehehehe - funny you should say that, I got 14.8 my mate got the 13.7 cause hes a better drag racer than me!

Hoping in the new year to get a piggy back ecu and hopefully either a hybrid turbo or big ass intercooler.

Your mates had loads of work done hasnt he? From what you said his engine could take a lot more power easily?

A 300bhp one got 12.6 at Santa Pod the day mine got 13.7 - mine was 235 bhp (in-accurate due to the clutch I should imagine)

Quote: Originally posted by bambam1 on 20 December 2004Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 20 December 2004 13.71 was my cars best 1/4 time.Thats with a fcuked clutch.Have a 6 paddle stage two RPS one on the way as we speak!Should be looking at mid 12s by the summer.
[/QUOTE]

they are absolutely rapid cars once fettled with, especially with the right driverHehehehe - funny you should say that, I got 14.8 my mate got the 13.7 cause hes a better drag racer than me!Hoping in the new year to get a piggy back ecu and hopefully either a hybrid turbo or big ass intercooler.Your mates had loads of work done hasnt he? From what you said his engine could take a lot more power easily?A 300bhp one got 12.6 at Santa Pod the day mine got 13.7 - mine was 235 bhp (in-accurate due to the clutch I should imagine) [/QUOTE]

yeah he has thrown £000s at his, and his aim is still to blow it up, lol

but yes, he could easily see 500bhp+ on his this summer with everything he has planned, it will make it completely undriveable in the wet, but so much fun in the dry :D

im still hassling him to let me drive it down the strip to see what i can do, as i still think his could his high 11s

300bhp MR2 Turbo

There was a couple of 600bhp Celicas doing mid 11s - MR2s are quicker due to less weight and less power loss.

Amazing grip on the 2 as well.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 20 December 2004Quote: Originally posted by Jason C on 20 December 2004Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 19 December 2004 1 of my neighbours (which i could get to join the club just incase u want to point out he isnt a member) has a ex rally metro 6r4 tunned up and has a sadev 6 speed sequential, just over 3 sec 0-60 and could hand any clio its ass on a plate round a track, oh and a new toy he is looking at ? a twin engined (hyabusa) caterham which again would paste pretty much ne thing, pluss he has said he would let my drive the 6r4 in the summer if we are talking about "borrowing" cars :p mmmmmm 6r4! Is your mate insane though? Had a drive in a mates busa westfield - awesome car for the money - and plenty fast enough for me. If we were playng the "my mate has a " game, I was going to throw my Brother in Laws Diablo SV in to the pot.....Another mate has just ordered a Bentley GT - ISTR they have a fair bit of shove. well if we are to include anyone we know that owns a car it will have to be my cousins Police tuned Volvo T5R turbo... puts out over 400bhp at the wheels and will leave a Rari standing in its wake. He also has a Merc Turbo wiesel thats even quicker. Hes in the X cars before anyone asks and drives like a complete nutcase... well to me anyway.. very scary not being in control at those speeds.

im sorry i still fail how to see even a merc or volvo would come anywhere near a tuned 6r4 my neighbours 1 is like the 2nd or 3rd fastest in the uk and can tell u it doesnt hang about we are talking summit thats lighter than a clio has a jag xj220 engine in the boot and is made of plastic and quality street tins then the clutch which doesnt require u to press just yank the fook out of the gear stick, and does a 0-60 in like 3.56 secs not sure of the top speed though, but then say he buys the caterham with the twin busa engines and that will have sequential boxes (same spec car as the 1 tiff set the 0-60 record in) 2.6 secs or summit like that, i fail to see how any huge volvo (which im not saying is a bad car as i would love a t5r but they are big things and heavy too no matter what power) could be faster at all ?

[Edited by MaLicE on 12/20/2004 5:08:19 PM]

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 20 December 2004

(same spec car as the 1 tiff set the 0-60 record in) 2.6 secs or summit like that,

Tiff set the quickest time is a Tiger Z100 if memory serves me correctly, although similar to a twin busa engined caterham, not the same league

IIRC the Z100 uses 2 x ZX9R engines whereas the Caterham would use 2 x 1300 Hyabusa (sp?) engines, although bigger power and capacity, the ZX9R engines propel the Z100 to 60mph quicker than almost every other car on the roads

^^ these arent real cars, just tuned fantasy vehicles! I mean how can u class a motorbike twin engine as eligible for a fast "car" come on guys get real!

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 20 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 20 December 2004

well if we are to include anyone we know that owns a car it will have to be my cousins Police tuned Volvo T5R turbo... puts out over 400bhp at the wheels and will leave a Rari standing in its wake. He also has a Merc Turbo wiesel thats even quicker. Hes in the X cars before anyone asks and drives like a complete nutcase... well to me anyway.. very scary not being in control at those speeds.

im sorry i still fail how to see even a merc or volvo would come anywhere near a tuned 6r4 my neighbours 1 is like the 2nd or 3rd fastest in the uk and can tell u it doesnt hang about we are talking summit thats lighter than a clio has a jag xj220 engine in the boot and is made of plastic and quality street tins then the clutch which doesnt require u to press just yank the fook out of the gear stick, and does a 0-60 in like 3.56 secs not sure of the top speed though, but then say he buys the caterham with the twin busa engines and that will have sequential boxes (same spec car as the 1 tiff set the 0-60 record in) 2.6 secs or summit like that, i fail to see how any huge volvo (which im not saying is a bad car as i would love a t5r but they are big things and heavy too no matter what power) could be faster at all ?

[Edited by MaLicE on 12/20/2004 5:08:19 PM]
dunno if it would or not, but your m8s car aint a rally car with hundreds of thousands under the hood is it, but the road going varient... bit like the 205 T16 road car... that aint anywhere near 500bhp.

i dont think weight becomes an issue when you have that kind of power anyway, those heavy yank tanks haul ass and weigh stupid amounts. this thing was used for chasing crims too.

thats not my point anyway, isnt this supposed to be about Clios and not me m8 Dave that has such and such a car? fastest N/A Clio has to be 2 lives without any cheating like NOS. 0.001 seconds slower down the 1/4 than Nick Reads iirc. Dunno about V6s, but they look pretty slow from the one I saw at York... 15s :sick:

Quote: Originally posted by gunnergibson on 20 December 2004
MADNESS!!! i look forward to this... whats 2LIVES project?

hes getting a new pram ;-)

/y0z