ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fastest car here

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 20 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Le_Smithier on 20 December 2004

Metro 6r4: responsible for more spectator deaths than any other rally car.
Think youll find that was the Lancia Delta S4 mate, and was the car that ultimately got Group B banned...
The 6r4 caused more spectator deaths as it just came to pieces when it crashed and people got bits of body work and engine bits stuck in them aswell as any impact from the car itself + it was a sh*te rally car and its drivers always crashed it as they had to push too hard, u got to remember that they still used em in national rallys for ages after whilst the delta s4s never got used after the 86 WRC.

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

My bro uses this forum sometimes calibraboy hes recently had a upgrde to 300+bhp (at stupid money!) on his calibra turbo 0-60 prob nowt to special but the top speed is.Standard it books at 152mphwith 206 bhp and 7000rpm limiter,so now with the extra 100bhp and 1000rpm got to do over 160. Would pull past my wrx over 120mph(6 speed vs 5)when it was untouched.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Quote: Originally posted by bambam1 on 20 December 2004
Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 20 December 2004
(same spec car as the 1 tiff set the 0-60 record in) 2.6 secs or summit like that,

Tiff set the quickest time is a Tiger Z100 if memory serves me correctly, although similar to a twin busa engined caterham, not the same league

IIRC the Z100 uses 2 x ZX9R engines whereas the Caterham would use 2 x 1300 Hyabusa (sp?) engines, although bigger power and capacity, the ZX9R engines propel the Z100 to 60mph quicker than almost every other car on the roads

ahh ok didnt realise that, will let u off ;)

either way it would still be a rocket lol

Quote: Originally posted by bambam1 on 20 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 20 December 2004

(same spec car as the 1 tiff set the 0-60 record in) 2.6 secs or summit like that,

Tiff set the quickest time is a Tiger Z100 if memory serves me correctly, although similar to a twin busa engined caterham, not the same league

IIRC the Z100 uses 2 x ZX9R engines whereas the Caterham would use 2 x 1300 Hyabusa (sp?) engines, although bigger power and capacity, the ZX9R engines propel the Z100 to 60mph quicker than almost every other car on the roads
thats the "lower model" car, the fast one is the Z100WR has 2 x ZX12R engines and 4 wheel drive

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 20 December 2004

thought the lancias held that record........and drivers too

as for mods.......il be wearing me steel toe cap boots n modifying the floorpan slightly..more travel on pedal means more speed dunnit???

lmfao
for those at the back not paying attention.................gunner........must try harder lol

BMW 320d Sport

Some things to think about, not directed at anyone in particular and all IMHO of course:

A car can be as fast as you like but if you do not want to take it up the quarter mile to actually prove it, youve got nothing. Almost without exception, people who take the piss out of quarter milers are the ones whove never done it themselves. Its a lot more intense than the uneducated would think.

Quarter miling is not the only way to decide on how fast a car is. It is a pretty reliable method but does rely a lot on the drivers skill in getting it off the line. There are a lot of cars - and their drivers - that dont run particularly impressive quarter mile ETs but you watch them pulling 80-100 in fifth side-by-side and theyll destroy a stripped-out quarter-miler.

Quarter mile terminal speed separates the men from the boys. Anything that quarters at over a ton is a proper fast road car, no tricks, no frills, just proper fast.

Does fast mean top speed capability or acceleration? Mine clocked 145mph on the autobahn, thats GPS and genuine, not a clock reading. It felt like it was asking for another 1000 revs to hit 150mph, but driving a 10 year old Clio at that sort of speed goes beyond what you might call fun and becomes a little scary LOL

Does fast mean what you can pull off once with luck on your side and everything in your favour, or is it something you can repeat over and over again without breaking sweat?

Is nitrous cheating or not? I used to run nitrous, now I dont, so I can see it from both points of view.

Can your fast car withstand being run flat out constantly, or will it overheat, run out of gas, throw a rod etc?

DISCUSS. My personal opinion is that you cannot claim to drive any kind of fast car until youve quarter miled it on road tyres. If you can get it accurately timed, 0-100 is possibly the best test of acceleration there is...ends up fast enough to dilute the effects of a bad driver/bad start/front wheel drive and allows the true capability of the car to come through. 0-60 is too biased towards rwd and 4wd cars.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 20 December 2004

Yeah, he posted it a while ago and it was also posted in some VAG forums.

Something new to look forward to seeing though. A unique engine change.
Going of what Jordie (a mate of his) can do in his mk1 Scirocco with a similar conversion, rapid is a word that springs to mind!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Barryd on 20 December 2004

Id give the Noble a run for its money! ;)
So your car does 0-100 in under 8 secs then?! ;)

Thatll be fun...

I love how this thread has become BS central... :D

Rich-D - you started the "my mate" bit didnt you???

/y0z

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 20 December 2004

However the fact that he does own that car and its not modded, tweaked, etc... plus Ive not made up the "my cousins 700bhp Lancia with NOS does 2.9secs 0-60" like some posts on here was my point... ;)

Believe it or not the Noble guys daily driver is a mk1 172 and he does (very rarely) post on here, so was a valid inclusion!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 19 December 2004

Times from crail should be ommitted.*

*Reason: a sextant and a casio 4.99 watch is not how you time 1/4 miles.

Round a track, Jon_R is most impressive as is Dai.

I cant drive for sh*t and my car is standardish.

Bit of a toss reply imo...The timing gear at crail was/ is as accurate as 99% of all 1/4 mile strips in uk...There was nothing in it between the times i got at crail/edzell and york!

11.045s at 98Mph!!!! so i guess im winning!

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 20 December 2004

However the fact that he does own that car and its not modded, tweaked, etc... plus Ive not made up the "my cousins 700bhp Lancia with NOS does 2.9secs 0-60" like some posts on here was my point... ;)

Believe it or not the Noble guys daily driver is a mk1 172 and he does (very rarely) post on here, so was a valid inclusion!
Id be a bit pissed off if a 700bhp lancia with NOS only did 0-60 in only 2.9 seconds, lol just kiddin m8

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 20 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 19 December 2004

Times from crail should be ommitted.*

*Reason: a sextant and a casio 4.99 watch is not how you time 1/4 miles.

Round a track, Jon_R is most impressive as is Dai.

I cant drive for sh*t and my car is standardish.

Bit of a toss reply imo...The timing gear at crail was/ is as accurate as 99% of all 1/4 mile strips in uk...There was nothing in it between the times i got at crail/edzell and york!

11.045s at 98Mph!!!! so i guess im winning!
im assuming this wasnt done in a Clio then?

MERCEDES CLS AMG

11.045 @ 98mph - in a clio ? - unless this is running a bluprinted 351 small block chevy with a supercharger i dont believe it

fat 182

i saw an old dear on the m4 the other day in a white1 litre micra she was doing well over a ton cos i was going pretty fast when she flew past me

i bet shed whip all your asses on the 1/4 mile

go granny power :D

My 3rd cousins, best mates, dads boss has a reliant robin with three engines, 13 turbochargers, an 850hp shot of nitrous and an afterburner feature which allows the robin to outrun an F-15 on a straight!

;)hehe.

Lionel Richie

my friend Tony has a friend called "some foreign name" (salvio briatory, i think) he runs Renault F1

thats the quickest Renault i know of, other than mine!!!

It went round the Top Gear test track 20secs quicker than an enzo!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Hector on 21 December 2004

My 3rd cousins, best mates, dads boss has a reliant robin with three engines, 13 turbochargers, an 850hp shot of nitrous and an afterburner feature which allows the robin to outrun an F-15 on a straight!

;)hehe.
U know him too!!!, what a conicydink, lol

^^ lol yeh. I actually know of a person who drives a vehicle with 2, 22,000 horsepower engines.. top that. how fast do u reckon the 1/4 mile time in that would be?

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 20 December 2004

Some things to think about, not directed at anyone in particular and all IMHO of course:

A car can be as fast as you like but if you do not want to take it up the quarter mile to actually prove it, youve got nothing. Almost without exception, people who take the piss out of quarter milers are the ones whove never done it themselves. Its a lot more intense than the uneducated would think.

totally agree there mate

Quarter miling is not the only way to decide on how fast a car is. It is a pretty reliable method but does rely a lot on the drivers skill in getting it off the line. There are a lot of cars - and their drivers - that dont run particularly impressive quarter mile ETs but you watch them pulling 80-100 in fifth side-by-side and theyll destroy a stripped-out quarter-miler.

personally speakin going up against some of the other fast clios.......makes no difference....same outcome hehe

Quarter mile terminal speed separates the men from the boys. Anything that quarters at over a ton is a proper fast road car, no tricks, no frills, just proper fast.

but doing that n/a is more no tricks/no frills..........pure power...IMO of course

Does fast mean top speed capability or acceleration? Mine clocked 145mph on the autobahn, thats GPS and genuine, not a clock reading. It felt like it was asking for another 1000 revs to hit 150mph, but driving a 10 year old Clio at that sort of speed goes beyond what you might call fun and becomes a little scary LOL

lol...............agree there again mate....i had 150 on the clock....but with no back seats/spare etc...felt a little light on the back end.....will try again with some weight in hehe......btw.i backed off at 150 .still had revs to go hehe

Does fast mean what you can pull off once with luck on your side and everything in your favour, or is it something you can repeat over and over again without breaking sweat?

id go for the latter there tbh

Is nitrous cheating or not? I used to run nitrous, now I dont, so I can see it from both points of view.

u know my stance on nos.....last ditch effort to extract the absolute maximum out of ur engine...i.e when all proper tuning has been done

Can your fast car withstand being run flat out constantly, or will it overheat, run out of gas, throw a rod etc?

again......mines gone 3 years with only the standard clutch giving me trouble......and that was after 2 years abuse off me......so .....yes mine can do all above and more

DISCUSS. My personal opinion is that you cannot claim to drive any kind of fast car until youve quarter miled it on road tyres. If you can get it accurately timed, 0-100 is possibly the best test of acceleration there is...ends up fast enough to dilute the effects of a bad driver/bad start/front wheel drive and allows the true capability of the car to come through. 0-60 is too biased towards rwd and 4wd cars.

agree again.........1/4 miling is not th be all and end all..but it is a good way to see how it compares with other machinery.....altho on road messing and track action usually give the same results.....all IMO of course

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 21 December 2004

Its a kart....
10 points for you martin...

Well get 10s this yr easy, got full body work and we had the wrong final drive in!

EVO VII

R5GTT = 1/4 in 12.1 thats gotta be the in the top 5 surely ?? i have a video somewhere ill dig it out :D

p.s not my car bye the way. mine only manages a poor 13.9

BMW 320d Sport

And another thing...you cant count any standard cars. If youre talking about whos fastest and you allow standard cars to compete, then its really just a pissing contest...whos got the most money. PLus it really needs to be Clios anyway.

Jon I tell you what well do mate, cos IMHO youre a better driver than me but I reckon my cars a lot faster than yours...this year, come down to the French Car Show which is at Bruntingthorpe again, just as far, if not further, for me as for you. Well go up side by side, get the 0-60 timed, get the 1/4 mile timed, get 0-100 timed if we can, and then just keep going along the straight until we run out of runway. What do you reckon?