ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fastest Colour

The gold in the black gold is Titanium Nitride - which must be lighter than just about anything else that goes in paint and hence create a performance advantage. Normal metallics have to make do with aluminium - heavy!!!

182, Golf

Isnt there actually a technical term for which colour is the fastest.

I read it in a thread about a week ago. Tom knows about a think.

Somthing to do with Atoms passing through...blah, blah, blah

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 24 August 2004

Ask Jilly lol
Why? Her car is grey! ;)

On the subject of stone chips Mike, Arctic blue chips a lot easier than Monaco blue did. :(

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 24 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 24 August 2004

Ask Jilly lol
Why? Her car is grey!

On the subject of stone chips Mike, Arctic blue chips a lot easier than Monaco blue did.

oi!

(I cant even take the piss out of you for having a Navy Blue car any more :()

well i think that black, any kind of black is the fasted colour, preferably matt black but that doesnt exist for clios. The reason for this is that black disipates heat much faster than other colours. The worst for this would be metallic silver. This probably doesnt make a big difference in reality but if you were getting your 182 to the theoretical maximum efficiency which by the way is impossible due to too many variables. Then the paintwork would play a part in the dissipation of the extreme heat produced. So in a light speed contest. The black cars would hold out longest and the silver cars would have been atomised long before.

Ta, Andy

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by andy_leitch on 24 August 2004

well i think that black, any kind of black is the fasted colour, preferably matt black but that doesnt exist for clios. The reason for this is that black disipates heat much faster than other colours. The worst for this would be metallic silver. This probably doesnt make a big difference in reality but if you were getting your 182 to the theoretical maximum efficiency which by the way is impossible due to too many variables. Then the paintwork would play a part in the dissipation of the extreme heat produced. So in a light speed contest. The black cars would hold out longest and the silver cars would have been atomised long before.

Ta, Andy
:D

Quote: Originally posted by .:xTreme:. on 24 August 2004

Well RED cars are pulled by the Police more than any other colour ( stats suggest)..so you aint go nowhere fast!!!
Thats because they are going the fastest ;) :D