ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fault Code Help Needed

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Hi guys

Been off here for a while but Im back. Need to renew my membership but thats another post lol!

So, the same problem that plagued my black Clio 1.4 has come back to haunt my newer red one. Basically, the emissions warning light comes on and flashes for a few seconds and then goes out. Its happened only once so far, on Thursday afternoon as I was sitting at traffic lights. The light hasnt come on again. In the last few days Ive also noticed the car is using a lot more fuel than normal.

Heres the mad part. A friend of mine has a portable OBD2 code reader and we plugged it in today. It came back with a P0300 fault and read as "random misfire detected". Does anyone have a list of fault codes that I can check this against? I managed to writedown the rest of the data from the code reader. Or can anyone tell me what the P0300 fault code is? I suspect faulty plug or the coils given the increase in fuel usage.

Basically, HELP!!!!!!! Shes due a service and the service light is on, but I want to know before I go in. Cos if its the same series of random failures that forced me to sell the black one, I shall be asking Renault for a full refund. Im absolutely NOT jumping through their hoops this time.

Thanks folks,

Andrew

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique

Thanks Kev, that was a good help. It seems to agree that its either faulty plugs or coil, but also suggests possible vacuum leak or even dodgy fuel. Which is a bit suspect cos I recently started using a different fuel which happens to be about 4 cent a litre cheaper than my normal fuel. I dunno to be honest. Shes due a service anyways so I think I will just hand her over to Renault for the day, tell them about the light, not mention the code.

Anyone else have a suggestion?