ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fault code normal/ performance switch?

clio
just had my car on a diagnostic after it was playinf up for a bit. Thought it was a sensor or coil as it went down a cylider and the electrical warning light came on i think (box with a wire through it). this only seemed to happen when i hit a bad pothole. coincidence?

any way got the code

p0790 generic normal/performance switch circuit

can anybody shed some light as to whats wrong or what that means

any help appreciated ;)

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Transmission mode selection switch - circuit malfunction

Says autodata

P.S. what model is it

clio
cheers mate for the reply. its an 02 1.2 16v. do you know what exactly that means as i ahvnt got a clue lol?

sounds like something to do with the gearbox? but the car was running of a cylinder.

when i heard normal/ performance switch i thought it had something to do with the ecu?

clio
any ideas dont want to go to renault, as last time they told me something was wrong it was a part for a diesel.

clio
ok a friend has told me that the fault may be to do with my side light being out?

i reset the faults and now that ive been driving the car theres a slight mis fire at 1100rpm or so when driving normally past this point its driving perfect. just a bit dangerous when pulling out at junctions as the car hesitates.

and the cops behind were not too amused.

i had the coil pack replaced last year any ideas?

2002 Clio 1.2 16v
Bump to this, Having same problem and cant figure it out. My coil pack was not changed long ago. Car is 2002 1.2 16v manual.