ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fault code readers for renault

172,scenic, trafic
Are they specific to a certain model or will one for a renault cover all.
Anyone suggest one I can buy locally ie in shops!

There loads of cheap stuff out there which can do a certain level Renault stufff is awquard though and to do the proper diagnostics yyou need to buy a Renault Clip wwhich is a lot more than most are willing to pay

Impreza Wagon
Do people recommend the handheld ones like in the link above or USB type which require a laptop?

It looks like you get the chance to use more features on the USB/Laptop ones?

Personal preference the handheld ones are mainly just used for clearing most fault codes to clear service lights. Laptop ones would be fore people who want more detail into a problem I think

Nick

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
You don't need clip! That's a ridiculous thing to even mention, thousands of pounds! however the 40 quid code readers are total toss and give no live data which you need to be able to fault find. Code readers tell you maybe 20% if you're lucky.

Impreza Wagon
I imagine most people only want them for EML reset, I wouldn't trust it to read anything else!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I imagine most people only want them for EML reset, I wouldn't trust it to read anything else!

oh I fuly understand that, just think it would be more fruitful to be able to check that faults are corrected first rather than keep switching the light off