ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fault Code Readers

Hi, is it worth buying one like this: FCR and will it work fine with a 182? Or is it just a waste of money? Any recommendations from anyone on a cheap-ish reader?

Most cars after 2000ish run on the OBD2 standard for engine management related issues.

Basically any OBD2 reader will be able to read your fault codes and clear the system but there are better ones that can do a lot more such as Airbag and ABS issues aswell.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Ive got a ebay obd2 code reader for £20 mainly to get my emmisions light off due to decat but its served its job on a few cars with managemwnt lights and pin pointed the faults

What the best software to use with renaults? I've got the 'check emissions' error up too. I've sorted the problem, but now having issues removing the fault code

Clio 1.2 expression
Hi
I bought a Autel MaxiDiag FR704 which comes with preloaded software for all Rebault, Peugeot and Citreon cars. It cost about £160 but u can download software vfor most other cars and considering Renault wanted £1000 to get my airbag light off e.g. new airbags, pretensioners and ECU, I bought this and with a couple of pretensioners off ebay got my airbag light off. Defo worth considering. It reads all codes and resets the MILs once you have cleared the faults.
Hope this helps

Clio 172mk2
i just use a bluetooth obd2, and android phone, thing dongle was 14 delivered, and software 3 quid. worked on picking up sensor fault on mates clio

I thought the one on Clio's (specifically mine) had a smaller sized port than normal OBD2 scanners? I'm pretty sure the code reader I had for my TT was larger.

If they're all the same I'll get one of them Bluetooth jobbies for use with my iPhone/iPad.