ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fault codes P0711(PD) & B0500(PD) , 2CVish idle and cut out...

Took the 172 Ph1 to Croft the other week, heavy rain on the ay there and back (dont know if this could have affected anything) went to start it after a week and its properly rough, engine shakes and it revs like a boxster/citroen 2CV.

Ive searched the forum top to bottom and the general consensus is crank sensor with the aforementioned codes, checked injectors today and they are fine, also checked the coils and they all have spark. Code 0711 is Fluid Temp Sensor Circuit Range Performance by the way.

anyone else had the symptom? Ideas?

Also is the crank sensor the same as off a 225 as I can try the one out of my meg to check if it is the issue.

thanks all.

Not that anyone answered but I'll continue to solve this regardless. Cars been sat there for six weeks now, The cheap code reader threw up crank sensor which I've just disconnected and cleaned. It was clean anyway. Car wouldn't start with it off ad started after a few attempts with it back in situ.

So can rule that out me thinks. Looking at getting a coil pack and 4 spark plugs this week, not to much expense and the plugs new doing anyway. I have two newish injectors too so if all else fails I'll look into injectors (faulty one has only recently been done though).

Just sounds like its firing on three.

Nah it's proper sluggish and cuts out at junctions. I mean it drives per say but I'm not gonna chance it like it is.

If you got a coil pack though I could try that and see if it helps same with other parts..

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Okay so it starts (?rhet)... then its 100% fek all to do with the crank sensor.

P codes are the devil plus as non of your "history" is date stamped you canmot trust them as being actual faults just yet. Generic codes may as well all say "something wrong with the car - electrical" so lets work through it.

Car sounds like its misfiring so that is generally down to:

Compression (or lack of)
Fuelling (or lack of)
Ignition (again... or lack of)

Lets ignore the compression firstly because its not that common and if it does turn out to be that you will commit suicide. Injectors are common so with the engine running (poorly) unplug them one at a time making note of any changes in the engines noise or running amd if you find one that doesn't make the engine run worse/stall then that's your problem.

Mick

thanks for the insight mick. i have unplugged the injectors but i'll do it again because i didn't really know what i was looking for... I'll check in a moment.

worse case scenario i can sell it break it but f4rs are cheap as hell now regardless.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah they are unbelievably cheap now days but the nice ones are still holding there own.

Injectors are the most common cause followed by leads, plugs and coil packs. Leads are normally bomb proof though if genuine Renault items and not Magnecrap.