ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fault p0120 limp mode

Clio 182 2004
So had the limp mode light on for about a month now have checked and cleaned the throttle body and connectors the white junction box and the pedal connectors all to no avail read lots of threads on this issue but all seem to either just end or not be quite the same the car has a juddery acceleration sometimes it will go to 2500 revs in limp mode and sometimes it won't accelerate at all past about 20 if I turn the car on and off again the fault stays off if I give it full throttle but as soon and I come off it seems to come on noticed it coming in most at between 2000 to 3000 revs and 40-50 mph don't know what else I can do now also don't know if it is related but my abs and tc and Serv light sometimes are on at start up but showing no fault for them and my cruise control turns off if I press the minus button the press works fine and the r and 0 also work as the should

Last edited:
  Clio 182 2004
Fault has now got worse the fault doesn't go off at all no matter what I try if I unplug the pedal or throttle body the car instantly revs to 2k and doesn't go back until I turn car off and back on the car also stall at start up if I don't have my foot on accelerater only way if getting the light off that I have found is to take the little brown relay nearest the passages headlight of out put it back but after about two seconds I hear a click and it comes back on really needing help as can't drive it anywhere due to in having no acceleration