ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fault reader

Liam_182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Sport 182
Wondering if anyone localish would be able to help me out who has a fault reader would be willing to travel a bit, all local garages are wanting 65 + vat to do this for me. Service + airbag light beginning to annoy me now lol want to try find out if it's a sensor or the actual airbag itself

Any help appreciated

Forgot to mention am in Falkirk area lol

Ph2 Clio 1.2 16v
Wondering if anyone localish would be able to help me out who has a fault reader would be willing to travel a bit, all local garages are wanting 65 + vat to do this for me. Service + airbag light beginning to annoy me now lol want to try find out if it's a sensor or the actual airbag itself

Any help appreciated

Forgot to mention am in Falkirk area lol
Hi Mate, I just had the service/airbag light come on on my 1.2. after a quick google i found that it is often the plugs under the seats that need cleaning. i unplugged them, gave them a squirt of WD40, pushed them back together, clipped them back in place and hey presto the dash lights have gone off. The whole job took 10 mins. It may be worth a shot before you take it anywhere and part with hard earned cash.

good luck

Liam_182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Sport 182
Hi Mate, I just had the service/airbag light come on on my 1.2. after a quick google i found that it is often the plugs under the seats that need cleaning. i unplugged them, gave them a squirt of WD40, pushed them back together, clipped them back in place and hey presto the dash lights have gone off. The whole job took 10 mins. It may be worth a shot before you take it anywhere and part with hard earned cash.

good luck

Thanks mate I'll try doing that today and let you know how I get on.. My abs light keeps randomly coming on aswell but when I turn car off and back on its instantly gone but I haven't noticed any difference in the breaks they don't lock up or anything could that possibly be a sensor also?