ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Faults galore, shed some light guys!?

Hi, i've had a reet mare with my girlfriends mk2 1.4 alize lately...

i'l begin here and hopefully someone can give me a hand getting it sorted.

The horn has stopped working, i've searched through posts and found a few hints so i'll try cleaning the contacts etc as i've checked fuses thus far.

Just incase i've got to take the wheel apart to get to the stalk and the horn wiring, does anyone know a guide where i can do this safely without the airbag giving me new features?

Next up is the pas side central locking is being a herbert and not working, i've taken the door car away, looked at the wiring that seems fine, went to a scrappy and got another motor plugged it in, and got nothing.
Any ideas on this one?
also the key packed in and wouldnt start the car no longer i knew how to get this done by re-coding the key and renualt rippped me off big time, but i've also heard of re-syncing the car with the key... would this fix the door problem too?

Thats about it guys sorry about the length of the post. but what else you got to do on a sunday? :)

p/s if your key packs in and u cant start your car, keep turning it off and on until the red light on the dash stays solid, at least until you can afford to have your key recoded.

rant over.

with regards to your horn, mine went too and its not the fuse or the wriing but , most likely to be the fact the horn is a twin unit and wired in paralel. So if one horn burns out or just fails they both stop working. Just remove the front lower cover (behind and under the pass side fog light) and unbolt the horn units, test using a continuity tester to find which one has blown and make sure you got a circuit going to it and just remove the other horn. It will work fine and you wont need to replace the old one unless you want a deeper sounding horn.

With regards to your C/L sounds more like a bad earth or a broken wire where they pass the loom through the door from the car. Again check for continuity and power at the motor and if there is none prob gona be a bad earth or broken wire - if not C/L control unit at worst 9BUT VERY VERY UNLIKLEY) To be more than a fuse or wire problem).

Dont knwo what you mean by the sync issues but unlikely that it would be a sync issue but worth trying - do you have more info on resync keys?

PS - if you do need to ever work on airbags just disconnect the battery and ensure that the ingnition is off and they wont go off when you remove them - but be gentle though!

Ok thanks for your help, i didnt think of it being an issue with a broken earth but it gives me something to thinking about, tried re-syncing the key but that didnt do anything for the door, so im not really sure what it is i'll have to get the tester on it if i can figure out how to work it as i've borrowed it off someone and its got many dials!!

cheers again