ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Faulty iPhone

The other halfs iPhone froze the other night, is constantly freezing and turning itself off, and when it did it last night it's now asking go be connected to iTunes.

It's been updated to 3.1.3.

I have an appointment at 6:50pm today at the genius bar, what do you think they will do? It's just under 2 months old.

Ben

Replace it there and then I expect.

Has it been jailbroken at any stage? When you upgraded to 3.1.3 did you use your backup? Have you tried it out restoring the back up?

That's what they'll ask you. So just lie and say you have! Lol.

Otherwise they'll make you go away and try that before they replace it. Tell them that didn't work. That you tried all the resets. Even the master reset that takes ages.

Or you could try restoring and not backing up. That might fix it. But will lose texts etc. Just need to back up your contacts another way. Windows has a built in thingy thats fairly simple to use.

Will do :)

I get this error when trying to restore

Untitled-7.gif

Storm Grey 200
lols. Replacement.

I have had 3 iphones in 2 days!

It hadnt gone wrong for 7 months, then they wouldnt stop going wrong.

Can't fault apples awesomeness regarding after care

DFU mode still gives me the above error, and it returns straight back to the "Connect to itunes" picture, itunes will detect it and say the restore message thing.

So i go in, saying ive restored it, using my back up, and without, tried hard resetting when it was working, and then yesterday its frozen again and now i cant restore it as i get the above message?

Sorted?

Last edited:
  Mini Cooper S
They're pretty good tbh. Even if your phone works perfectly, you can 9/10 get a replacement by blagging your way.

Walked in, sat down. Explained the problem, he looked inside the bottom with a magnifine thing. Told him what revels said to say, he tried to restore it, did a few things on his ipod touch with a mobile genius app or something, then said "Best get you a new phone then"

Brilliant service, was in and out within about 10 minutes, other half is now happy again.

Was a hardware fault.