ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FCS 2008

172 Race Car
Looking forward to trying out the banking :approve:

Awsome, defo gonna try and do this. Decided against it last year for fear of sharing the track with chavs. (not knowing much about the show or sesions) After going and seeing how it went, looking forward to it.

Great that they plan to use the bigger circuit, couldnt see any thing happening on track last year, a big dissapointment. Looked a good circuit tho from the vids ive seen.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
International Super Sportscar Circuit

Length 1.94 miles
Width 11 meters
Max.Min Bank Angle Turn 1 - 7 degrees
Turns 12

Click http://www.rockingham.co.uk/images/about/circuits/internsupsport.jpg
Awesome!!! I'll have to buy a valver just so I can go round the track :D

I imagine club admin will be posting more details when the time is right. Last years Cliosport stand looked great, and I'm certain it will be just as good if not better next year.

Yeah I imagine information will go up soon enough.
With regards to getting on the stand its real easy, when you book you're tickets there an option to pick you're car club and you are then sent a stand pass, present that to the marshalls and last this year they pointed us towards the club area (I ended up at williams clio stand at 1st I think...)

We need club track time.

Lots of it.

And lots of it ;)

Only takes a couple of members to co-ordinate activities. I remember previous years the club done prize draws, show and shine etc.

yeh, this yr they sat poking the gas BBQ!! Stand was a mess too! no structure at all.

Unfortunately I have to agree, the amount of cars we had there was impressive but the lack of structure was pants. I only spoke to people I knew from local meets and only visited the admin tent for a sticker (which I have lost:()

Fingers crossed we'll be parked up in a better/neater fashion and some events within the club will happen to make it a real CS at FCS event not an improved parking space at a car show...

Swift Sport
Was too lazy to go last time, but I'll be there this time :)

Would love to get on a club stand, instead of parking out in the public carpark along with all the Vectras and Mondeos like I did at Donnington last year!! lol

80MPG BEEZA
haha the "stunt show" last year, i really hope they didnt get paid for it, should have had some chavs doing wheelies on girls mountain bikes

bet everyone's looking forward to the top 25........
they might pull their finger out this year!

i may come our i may take a year out

unbelieveably the stunt acts were all main stream stunt acts from the UK.

Remind me in the future, UK stunt acts are pants.

Cost us over 10K for them all.

80MPG BEEZA
fillpin hell over 10k! i could have put on a great show for that

buy a old clio with with some rediculous nos someone drives it and i'll hang on the sunroof lying on the roof (with an helmet on)

i could streak right round the oval - on an electric scooter

make an artifical bec and do some insane bec jumps in a banana costume

then have a small re-inachtment off ww2 but will paintball guns

AND still have change

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
fillpin hell over 10k! i could have put on a great show for that

buy a old clio with with some rediculous nos someone drives it and i'll hang on the sunroof lying on the roof (with an helmet on)

i could streak right round the oval - on an electric scooter

make an artifical bec and do some insane bec jumps in a banana costume

then have a small re-inachtment off ww2 but will paintball guns

AND still have change

Lol. :D

don't forget there were

1 - Street style motorcycle stunt team
2 - FMX back flip motorcycle stunt team
3 - Monster trucks
4 - Army parachute team
5 - Jet Pack International $30k normally to hire but they were a sponsor
6 - Dave Coates world record holder Superbike and quad stunt rider

so there was a load ongoing

Batman, they'd still call you crap lol

80MPG BEEZA
1 - i've seen better unsporsed motorcycle riders
2- they were good
3- sucked they should have gone home
4- most people got bored waiting for them to jump if not they got bored watching them come down
5- was the biggest letdown ever i would have been happier listening to queen over the speakers for 5 mins
6- never watched i was eating greasy burgers

and knowone would call me crap my paintball gun shoots 33 balls per second think how much one hurts ;)

lol

when I held the club meeting after FCS 2006 the general request was stunts for 2007. we spent a fortune and at the end of the day it wasn't worth it.

I think everyone agrees we use the main circuit for our own action on track.

We have some great stuff lined up for lunch hour

clio 200 F4Rt
lol

when I held the club meeting after FCS 2006 the general request was stunts for 2007. we spent a fortune and at the end of the day it wasn't worth it.

great stuff for the lunch hour... how about you spend the 10k on free food rather than st(c)unt men!! :D

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
lol

great stuff for the lunch hour... how about you spend the 10k on free food rather than st(c)unt men!! :D

Or free track time to those that ask extra nicely?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
lol, maybe you could get the Super Trucks doing passenger rides around the oval or something, my friend had the passenger ride once and said it was immense!

Elise/VX220/R26
we have meganesport booked on should be a vintage year 2008 we're slowly catching the clios up in numbers :D

Artic Blue 182 FF
i will proably come down with cliosport this year hopefully, would be nice to meet some fellow RS owners etc.
Went with 206online for 2007, was a good day, though the weather was shity and we got told off for making a bbq in the car park :(

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I will be going next year, this year was bit of a laugh as far as the camping the night before went, shame the weather was rather depressing and the lack of club stand organisation!

Im up for making the effort as part of being area rep :)

Artic Blue 182 FF
who told you off for the bbq? security or the club?

Got told off by Security, 3 'geeky teenagers'... i mean highly trained professional security guards ;) watched over us until we had 100% put it out. They wern't best happy and their attitudes towards us were ever so slightly hostile.:S

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Only takes a couple of members to co-ordinate activities. I remember previous years the club done prize draws, show and shine etc.

yeh, this yr they sat poking the gas BBQ!! Stand was a mess too! no structure at all.

Ali, The BBQ was by the side of the CS Tent, and wasn't organised by CS, it was something that was done by the W.Mids area, and my other half was the wee blondie who was doing most of the cooking. We did it so that we didn't have to pay extortionate prices for the food on site. This was all put in place by the group of members from the W.Mids and it was non-profit making, we were just trying to get contributions to pay for all the items that others had bought or brought to FCS (PS. The BBQs were charcoal, not gas! :dead:)

who told you off for the bbq? security or the club?

We got grief from the people (stewards) about the BBQ, it was well under control, we even had a fire extinguisher with us, (just in case). They were being really funny with the other half, who didn't bow down and had James (6ft 5in tall) stood behind her!

Also, the stewards (idiots!) made me miss my pre-track briefing as they couldn't point me to the tunnel to get to the inner track...I was lucky in the fact that they let me run the car on the Yozzasport sponsored track session rather than CS!

Last edited:
  ST
Was gash both 06 and 07...

Some funny moments with the real Valdez at FCS 06 and then some banter wi the scottish lot FCS 07 but thats where it ended for me...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Was gash both 06 and 07...

Some funny moments with the real Valdez at FCS 06 and then some banter wi the scottish lot FCS 07 but thats where it ended for me...

06 was ok imo. Met alot of decent folks
07 was terrible, my mind was on other things. But the banter was good the nite before!
08 - Dunno...Will depend on work. It's a long way for us. prob close to 1k miles round trip.