ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCS Poll

Your thoughts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
So new venue, same old show? Have your say.

Poll is multiple choice..

Last edited:
Donington is a much better venue. They need to make access to the stands etc more obvious though imo. I doubt that they got anywhere near as many people just sitting to watch the track action (weather reasons aside).

I preferred the overall experience at Rockingham. Not sure why, it felt like there were more clubs there and it was better spaced out. I agree that a change was due though!

Also, there was no seperate section (apart from 'the oval') for stunt displays etc.

This year it felt like after half an hour of wandering around, we'd seen everything.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I preferred the overall experience at Rockingham. Not sure why, it felt like there were more clubs there and it was better spaced out. I agree that a change was due though!

Also, there was no seperate section (apart from 'the oval') for stunt displays etc.

This year it felt like after half an hour of wandering around, we'd seen everything.

This.

Evo
We all should have been infield with 106OC so it felt like we were actually at a track, rather than the carpark we got stuck in.

But what really took the biscuit was the 'official' campsite nextdoor. Pitching up tent in a swamp and then ripping your exhaust off on the rediculously oversized exit ramp is unaccectable for a campsite expected to host modified car enthusiasts pre show, utter waste of time cleaning my car as it came out looking like a land rover. Poor effort on that detail Donington!

We all should have been infield with 106OC so it felt like we were actually at a track, rather than the carpark we got stuck in.

I've seen people complaining the other way around. That 106/Saxo lot were hidden out the way and didn't feel like part of the show.

Just proves that you can't please everybody.

Fiesta STripes
I have started a thread asking for feedback on another site; these were my criticisms:

- 50 minutes waiting time to get in - two entrances leading into one caused significant delays.

- Club areas had way too many cars in them - we had random meganes, a mondeo, williams and some CS members who couldn't get onto their stands just dumped in with our lot! (197.net stand - NOT the fault of CS this happened!)

- VIP tent - several visits and there was no hot food available and not much other stuff about. I had a hot dog and that was it! Got the goody bag too - it really wasn't worth the upgrade to be honest.

- Saxperience and 106OC stands - they were totally cut off from the rest of the show - I never got to go over there as there was no obvious way of getting over there - it is the same as trying to get from North Korea into South Korea - impossible!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I have started a thread asking for feedback on another site; these were my criticisms:

- 50 minutes waiting time to get in - two entrances leading into one caused significant delays.

- Club areas had way too many cars in them - we had random meganes, a mondeo, williams and some CS members who couldn't get onto their stands just dumped in with our lot! (197.net stand - NOT the fault of CS this happened!)

- VIP tent - several visits and there was no hot food available and not much other stuff about. I had a hot dog and that was it! Got the goody bag too - it really wasn't worth the upgrade to be honest.

- Saxperience and 106OC stands - they were totally cut off from the rest of the show - I never got to go over there as there was no obvious way of getting over there - it is the same as trying to get from North Korea into South Korea - impossible!

That was the fault of the organisers IMO. You had way more cars than expected by the looks of things and you had actually over taken the Renault online stand, so it was all a bit of a mess. Rockingham is far superior in this respect. And rockingham was better for watching track action with the grandstand. The trade area was s**te as usual

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't see the layout as I didn't go, but when I've been to Donnington it seemed a lot smaller than Rockingham space wise outside the track.

The Donnington track is immensely better than Rockingham imo, to drive on that is.

It needed to be refreshed though, the location had to change this year.

172 Cup
Fantastic first year IMO, if I am being really picky I would say the dirt road entrance is not ideal but that's it. Everything else was great!! Looking forward to next year already.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Having only been on the parade laps, not actually track I prefere ( I can imagine ) Donington.

However as a show I prefer Rockingham. It is the first year however so they've had to start from scratch all over where as Rockingham was down to a T.
What I didn't like about this year:

-Not enough trade stands, literally all cleaning products and stickers.
-Clubs stands were a jumble, very cramped and people here there and everywhere.
-s**te access to see the track, when ever I've been to Rockingham we'd go and sit on the stands and be able to see most the track.
-Rolling road set up was shocking, couldn't of been anymore cramped, not that I used it, but you always get lots of people wanting to watch and its was just stupid in between two club stands like that.
-106 & Saxo's were miles away, my poor mate found it a massive ball ache being on 106 owners.
-Didn't see any displays, maybe I was stupid or couldn't be bothered to look but where ever the arean was I couldn't see it!
-Taking almost an hour to get into the show, and not having entrance photo's taken from the entrance I came in from.

Tbh, the whole layout of the show at Rockingham is alot better.

Last edited:

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
felt like i'd seen everything after an hour or so. first year so i can't really compare it to rockinham

Last edited:
Having only been on the parade laps, not actually track I prefere ( I can imagine ) Donington.

However as a show I prefer Rockingham. It is the first year however so they've had to start from scratch all over where as Rockingham was down to a T.
What I didn't like about this year:

-Not enough trade stands, literally all cleaning products and stickers.
-Clubs stands were a jumble, very cramped and people here there and everywhere.
-s**te access to see the track, when ever I've been to Rockingham we'd go and sit on the stands and be able to see most the track.
-Rolling road set up was shocking, couldn't of been anymore cramped, not that I used it, but you always get lots of people wanting to watch and its was just stupid in between two club stands like that.
-106 & Saxo's were miles away, my poor mate found it a massive ball ache being on 106 owners.
-Didn't see any displays, maybe I was stupid or couldn't be bothered to look but where ever the arean was I couldn't see it!
-Taking almost an hour to get into the show, and not having entrance photo's taken from the entrance I came in from.

Tbh, the whole layout of the show at Rockingham is alot better.

Summed it up a treat to be honest, I was immensely disappointed with the lack of trade stands to be honest - I wanted some nice goodies and was stuck with cleaning stuff I already had.

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Queing to get in was a joke!!!! We didn't get in till 9 so I missed an hour of track time. We got to Donington at half 7.Hopefully next year the organisers might have a few more entrances open.And in afternoon I had to ditch my car on a 306 stand, I don't think the organisers thought the show would be that good.Apart from that Donington is a better track than Rockingham.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Preferred Donnington overall. Also noticed that there were no signs for no BBQs there...so might have to set up a CS BBQ again if I can persuade Mandy...

I did like it, but as is usual...I suspect that the traders either paid too much for a stand or took the piss with their prices...as I would like to see discounts on stuff bought at the show whereas if I want to get things cheaper I can go online....

Overall it needed a change, I never went to Brunty so dont know how much better or worse Rockingham was...but as the first year for it there...it is always a learning curve and hopefully any issues ironed out for next year. :)

Preferred Donnington overall. Also noticed that there were no signs for no BBQs there...so might have to set up a CS BBQ again if I can persuade Mandy...

Don i don't know what club it was but they were at the back off our club the one with the 205 dimma, anyway they had a massive BBQ on the go inside a big fold out gazebo!;)

So go for it next year lol

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Don i don't know what club it was but they were at the back off our club the one with the 205 dimma, anyway they had a massive BBQ on the go inside a big fold out gazebo!;)

So go for it next year lol

Will have to beg the love of my life then...but will need people to contribute in terms of meat, etc and those who dont bring something, but eat from the bbq can contribute towards something.

C3 Picasso Beast
My main disappointment this year was the fact I couldn't buy an inflatable fusion alien for my boy to replace the one I bought him last year that he popped recently!

On a serious note if it wasn't for my open pit track time I wouldn't have been very impressed as it only took me about an hour to look around what was there as there really didn't seem a lot to see?!? Also as last year the stupidly loud s**t music p'd me off especially when I was trying to buy an ice cream :mad:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Entry was a joke and whoever the company was that was suppose to "manage" the flow of people trying to get in shouldn't be allowed to do it again as they just weren't pro-active.

I always enjoy seeing people and meeting new club members but this year just didn't seem to work for me and i don't think it was the venue/layout at fault... maybe it's because I'm getting old now and car shows are no longer my thing.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Will have to beg the love of my life then...but will need people to contribute in terms of meat, etc and those who dont bring something, but eat from the bbq can contribute towards something.

Can I put my name down now for a hotdog please!? I don't want to miss out :eek: