ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Febi top mounts - grinding/spring noise

Clio 172
Hi,

I stupidly decided to change my shocks and top mounts (febi) last week while being extremely hung over. It took me all day which included an hours sleep after being sick and hitting myself in the face with a spanner.
However I did manage to get it all back together again. My issue is that now my suspension is now making a strange noise occasionally. It sounds as though the spring is moving if that makes sense???
I noticed when I did up the top mounts, as they started to get tight they made a grinding type sound. I’m thinking I might have overtightened them causing the bearings to fail??
Any advice would be appreciated. (Apart from do replace your suspension while hungover!!!)
Cheers.

PH2 172
Hi,

I stupidly decided to change my shocks and top mounts (febi) last week while being extremely hung over. It took me all day which included an hours sleep after being sick and hitting myself in the face with a spanner.
However I did manage to get it all back together again. My issue is that now my suspension is now making a strange noise occasionally. It sounds as though the spring is moving if that makes sense???
I noticed when I did up the top mounts, as they started to get tight they made a grinding type sound. I’m thinking I might have overtightened them causing the bearings to fail??
Any advice would be appreciated. (Apart from do replace your suspension while hungover!!!)
Cheers.

Have you installed the bearing wrong side up?

Attachments

• TOP MOUNT.jpg
    TOP MOUNT.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 86