ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fecked balljoint..

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
what needs to be replaced, is it the whole lower arm?

part numbers would be good too.
99 1.6 16v k4m

£10~15 for on from GSF etc
Renault are £20 I think.

No need for a part number there only 2 to choice form and the smaller diamter bolts one are very rare.

sweet.. do i need a balljoint splitter?

Nope you can do it without.

The only problem is if the bit of the ball joint which goes into the hub i stight then it can be a pian to get out metal wedge and a hammer are the only easy fit.

S2000
as edde says theres no need for a balljoint splitter - can make things a bit easier though. Main problem is trying to undo the rusty fecking bolts, lol. I spent hours on one occasion just trying to undo them as they were rusted to buggery, then another time it took literally 2 minutes to undo them.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
shouldnt be too bad, had hub of a year ago to do bearing..

cheers edde, your a living legend!

oh and £9.90 from gsf.

shouldnt be too bad, had hub of a year ago to do bearing..

cheers edde, your a living legend!

oh and £9.90 from gsf.

Make sure you get a proper one some of the copy cat parts arn't that good and fail quickly. Thats why I use proper Renault parts not worth the hastle personally even if its half the price. If it fails a bit earlier then to lazy me its not worth saving a bit.

Even Renault ones I wear ever 20~35k or so.

You should think about just getting two new wishbones. Even from Renault their only about 60 for the pair come with pressed in bushes and bearings if they havn't been changed either that is?

Yep what the balljoint bolts onto. The bushes are about £20 for the kit and then you jave to get them pressed in so if your taking of the balljoint isn't much more work