ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Feckin camera near saffend

C

Cupster

Not happy I got flashed by a hidden camera on the A127 last night on my way home from southend. Dont suppose anyone knows if it works or not and what happens if you get flashed doing over a ton!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i know the one you mean isnt that in a 40mph zone?

if its the one im thinking of and it works .........................

C

Cupster

:mad:

Theres prob nuffin I can do but there were no signs or nuffin I am really good at spotting cameras if there was a sign I wouldnt of been doing that speed!!!

Not fair!

Clio v6

Many of the cameras in and around Southend do work sadly. I read an article in my local Civic News rag, something like this -

"Essex Police are intending to make all speeding and safety camera offences carry DOUBLE points and increased fines, This will be for the period between March and September in an effort to discourage seafront cruisers and boy racers from coming to Southend throughout the "Good Weather" ???? months. Local traders are giving the thumbs up to these proposals etc.....

Last week, my detector picked up a sneaky hidden mobile camera near the A130 turn off, like 5 miles away from any pedestrian or danger area. GRRR! The only thing you could see was a few tiny LEDs on the back of it. Basically, the old bill have said that they can use what it takes to catch people down that road, be it hidden cameras, undercover cars, helicopters, whatever! Cnuts, the lot of them.

It may be a dangerous road but thats more to do with the shockingly dangerous camber and road surface in places, not to mention the 90degree turns on and off it. RANT RANT RANT!! Arrrgh!!

Quite how the pigs intend to give you double points for a bog standard SP30 is beyond me. After all, if its a camera, we all know that its a terrible shame to forget to sign the form that you have to identify yourself on...

Its situations like this that REALLY MAKE ME MAD!! My mate wont do more than 75 on the new A130, even at half past 2 in the morning, as he doesnt want to be caught. Using this logic, he is perfectly happy to cane it down single lane side-streets at 55+, as he know there will be no cameras down there. The sheer idiocy of the current anti-speed policy on safe roads like the A130 etc leads people to drive this way, and I know what Id prefer.

I think I shall be getting some invisible plates for when mines up and running... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mk4 golf gti

This is sooooo stupid my m8 got £60 fine 4 doin 34 in a 30 by the pigs on a Huge open road where most peolple do double that and half mile down the road there r 2 Skools and a playin park and the road is thinner. Am I missin sumfin or r they complete tw*ts out 2 get ppl wiv nice cars etc (my m8 gota MG ZS at 19) in places they kno ppl speed. He was surrounded by cars but it funny how they only caught him !!!!!!!! GGGGGRRRR Pigs shud go 2 slaughter 4 bacon

VW Transporter 174

"Essex Police are intending to make all speeding and safety camera offences carry DOUBLE points and increased fines, This will be for the period between March and September in an effort to discourage seafront cruisers and boy racers from coming to Southend throughout the "Good Weather" ???? months. Local traders are giving the thumbs up to these proposals etc.....

Southend council makes me vomit,southend in general sucks with it full of boring old gits and refugees.The cruisers are the only good thing about the place and bring money to the town when the trippers go home.If the filth want to crack down on something they can start with all the fukcing pikeys that are putting caravan parks on green belt land.

Slayer

Quote: Originally posted by Cupster on 30 March 2003

Not happy I got flashed by a hidden camera on the A127 last night on my way home from southend. Dont suppose anyone knows if it works or not and what happens if you get flashed doing over a ton!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(
Was it one of those box things not like normal speed cameras with a van parked nearby? Ive seen them mate... watch the post for the next 2 weeks coz u prob got a nice £60 fine... b******s!!!!! I dont even drive up the a127 anymore since there was sh*t loads of old bill holding guns at me when i had just raced someone from the lights... lucky i managed to knock my speed off and drove straight passed with one of the tossas moaning about my fog lights.... they didnt chase me for it so i was lucky eh.

I almost missed the one on the front itself at the last meet there. Some motorcyclists werent so lucky!

Hope you get away with it matey!

-Rob

you have to watch those b*stards and thier vans as well,

they have a dark blue peugeot van (on an x plate i think)

which sits in the lay bys on the way in,

it has a tripod mounted camera in front of it, but not so that you can see it on approach (it is that close to the van)

it does not have reflective markings on the back of the van,

i only clocked it cos i thought it looked like under cover old bill, when driving by it had 2 coppers in it with their yellow jackets.

to top it all they then put it on the other side of the road when every one is leaving,

so they f*ck you both ways !

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah come to Essex! Doesnt matter that road deaths actually went up in the county last year, the biggest year for their speed camera revenues - when theyre making money, they can always twist the figures round so that it means something different, this year theyre saying there are less accidents at speed camera sites, conveniently ignoring the fact that because there are no more coppers on the streets booking genuinely dangerous drivers, all the accidents are happening elsewhere, just not where people slow down for cameras. Doh...not exactly rocket science is it, but as I said, its a nice little earner for them so theyre not exactly going to own up and say that speed cameras have been a failure. I cant think of anything that has led to more disprespect and distrust of powers that be, from ordinary people, since the poll tax first came in.

Well said Slayer (for once :D ) these narrow minded idiots havent got a clue. Who the hell would want to come to Southend of an evening if there wasnt the seafront cruising? Its a dump! They seriously think that people come for the arcades and a tray of chips! I remember that time a year ago when the seafront was closed as an experiment to see if it cut down on cruising, and the place was absolutely deserted, nothing going on at all. Funny how it was an obvious success (everything moved to Basildon temporarily) but strangely the seafront was open for cruising a fortnight later...

Apart from there is big changes this year and its turning to a one way... you wont be able to turn round at the roundabout! ..... Best cruise I been to was the B&Q in basildon before the police blocked it off... Used to see some really good dunut shows!

Anyway the new place is lakeside!!!! Thats where us lot end up for a few handbrakes and watch me mate with the skyline donut!