ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

feedback on v6 ownership

W

wyatt gates

I have had my 172 for nearly 2 years i was wondering if any of v6 owners had any problems with there carsi am looking to change in a years time.any feedback would be nice

MK1 V6s are not the best reliability wise.....we have had evry one we ever sold come back to use...once we had 7 in the garage on teh same monday!!! G/fl look ace with all them V6s

must be a hong kong problem then Ben - cos I know of fewer problems with the Mk1s (mine included) than with the Mk2s.

Wyatt - hiya, long time no hear/speak/see - how are you? think the V6s have had quite a few problems one way and another - but not sure of the specifics.

W

wyatt gates

very well enjoying my new job but due to change had not had much time to go to meets.just had the car serviced 48000 miles the invoice will be around £220.i will probably keep the clio for another year looking at couple of cars leon cupra r or an imported integra r or a v6.it depends on how much i get for clio.

Quote: Originally posted by kis172 on 25 September 2002

must be a hong kong problem then Ben - cos I know of fewer problems with the Mk1s (mine included) than with the Mk2s.

Wyatt - hiya, long time no hear/speak/see - how are you? think the V6s have had quite a few problems one way and another - but not sure of the specifics.

I meant tha MK1 V6s.......the MK2 172 do have alot of problems! more than teh MK1s

soz, bad wording

its pretty scary when you doin about 120 to be honest....not a stable car at all..the MK2 will be better......

BUT! i would still LOVE a V6!!!!!

mark - nooooo, never forget about sex on wheels !!! have you seen the pics of the new one in yellow???? now thats the one I want! :cool:

its fab!!!

we have had all the internal releases etc and its gonna be a totally different car!

also, you can buy teh trophy kit from Renault Sport that up power to about 285 with no actual work!!

haha!!!

no, under agency agreemenys we can only show press releases....its my job on the line if i do! LOL

anyway, i can say that its comming out for us next march.....

Clio v6

Problems I have had with my V6.

A wee rattle behind the door trim. (must get it seen to someday )

Airbag light came on once for no reason. ( sorted . a dodgy connector very common under the seat of many Renaults I was told )

People staring at me all the time.

Driving too fast.

Putting too many miles on it too soon.

PS. I seen my old 172 the other day. Its always parked on the London Road Westcliff, at Gainsborough Carpets shop. It looks really tidy still. The new owner seems to take good care of it. Wiping a tiny tear from my eye and all that. But your still very welcome to it. (Did they tell you how many crashes I had in it?)

:)

yup...the airbag light cause of the loose wire under the seat happens all the time!

but we have had almost EVERY V6 in for stalling problems after being parked up for a while after driving....fuel vaporisation but nowt we can do about it.

No return fuel line on a V6..or 172