ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Feedback Required

Right you lot,

As you are constantly asking for advice & for the best opinion on the various options for brakes, suspension and everything else under the sun... I have been writing this:

http://www.readyforthetrack.co.uk

I want to know your thoughts, suggestions, criticisms however you want to term it.

Obviously I have got a few more (joke) articles to add, but it is taking me a bit of time to write all of it down from my noggin.

Regards,

/y0z

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Very informative!

I use my Trophy for hills/sprints so looking forward to more on this specifically esp suspension mods.
Do you need rear shims though if running road tyres?

Cheers

i think the blog is great, lots of useful info in there for people getting started and those already involved in trackdays/racing

gunna look at putting my project thread into a blog when i have some time, keep up the good work yoz i wanna read about the camber set up!

(shiftspark - i have used camber shims on the rear of my clio on the road with road tyres, car feels a bit weird at speed but then it depends what set up you go for, its great on track!)

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
(shiftspark - i have used camber shims on the rear of my clio on the road with road tyres, car feels a bit weird at speed but then it depends what set up you go for, its great on track!)

Thanks I have to use class 1b tyres so no sticky 888 or the like.

I assume Mr Fish has set yours up? herd lots of good things about his stuff but is a long way from me.
May get there one day!

Last edited:
Are Kumho V70-A not Class 1B approved (i thought they were) ? If so - go for the soft compound - I used to use them all the time.

/y0z

Yoko A048's are List B approved too.

I will have a look at 1A - I don't know what on the list - have you got a pdf link or a link to the regulations?

/y0z

Clio 172 cup
Very good site.

I like that fact that you have broken it down into nice neat sections. My only recommendations would be to perhaps have some more photos on there; maybe showing various setups (different coilover units, brakes packages, etc).

An article on tyres would be good. Not just Track specific but you opinions on the ones that you have used on the road as well. Your voice carries alot of weight in the Clio sport community and a respected opinion from you would be very useful advice to alot of people I suspect.

Maybe even dates of when you will be appearing at any tracks around the country so that some people can come along and say hello, ask for your advice, see you in action!

I'd also like to see some more information regarding the actual setup of the car itself. I'm not sure if this is something that you could do but some articles on how to setup the suspension perhaps. Nothing to in depth; just some pointers as to where to look if I wanted to change the handling characteristics.

A very good read though; well done.

Last edited:
There will be articles for everything - I am just taking the time to write them properly rather than rushing it and putting up half of the information.

LOL @ the see you in action - I'm not bringing my better half with me for your viewing pleasure!!!

Full setup information will be coming at a much later date.

/y0z

lift number 1 @ btm
great bit of work that!

now everyone just needs to keep linking to it when the same old questions come up.

a photo gallery might be a good idea at a later date...

What do you need to know urgently then?

Suspension or brakes?

Best advice to make a trophy quick - paint it blue and say you brought a 172 cup ;-)

I am just doing it when I have a spare few hours in the evenings at the moment, but whenever really.

/y0z

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I read all of this in the hospital waiting room the other day, simply awesome.
Really good info, and obviously a lot of experience.

Bookmarked for me :)

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
What do you need to know urgently then?

Suspension or brakes?

Best advice to make a trophy quick - paint it blue and say you brought a 172 cup ;-)

I am just doing it when I have a spare few hours in the evenings at the moment, but whenever really.

/y0z

He he....suspension, they seem to sit far too high at the rear M Fish does some lowering springs and wondered if you have any suggestions?

rSi

Silver 182
Very nice & usefull for later. Should have read this before I posted my brake question now!

yes mate - I it will be going up in about a week...

I can't put them all live at once - as its just too much information.

/y0z

New Site has gone live tonight, will be checking for errors over the next few days and then adding a load of new articles.

http://www.readyforthetrack.co.uk

Clutches
Brake Calipers (various 4 pot kits etc)
Brake Pads section is growing a bit & morphing
The Knowledge is getting its own section
1*2 Engine Modifications (internal)
Mapping & ECU's

So - keep an eye out.

As always - requests welcome.

/y0z