ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Feel Like I've Been Ripped-Off...

Swift Sport
Popped into Phones4U to upgrade my phone, knowing nothing about phones I asked for advice. They recommended the Blackberry 8520, and said they had a great deal to offer.

I came away with the Blackberry on a 2-year contract with unlimited everything, which at the time seemed good for £40 a month (which they insisted was a great deal)

Since then everyone has told me I've been done... Do you guys agree? What should I do about it?

Ste.

You've got 14 days mate. Take it back.

I'd never get a deal from somewhere like that, the deals you get are never as good as if you go direct to the network.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
you've got a 7 day cooling off period iirc.

Go back and tell them to stick it up thier arses.

For your info mate,

I got a Blackberry, 900 mins, unltd texts and unltd internet for £25 per month with Orange. (Well, JAG actually).

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
£40 a month, WOW

Ive just got the htc windows phone, 900 mins and 600 texts for £25 a month and phone was free.

Barge
Definitely take it back, Ste. You can get better deals direct as Revelols says. Well within your rights to return it. Did they give you a contract with T&Cs on? Have a read of those re: the cooling off period.

yes take it back!

i get 1200mins 1500txt, unmltd net, free bb9700 phone insurance all on orange for £35 and its 18 months! just go and tell them you've found much cheaper deals elsewhere have a look around and they should match the deal and should hopefully be less hassle of cancelling and opening a new contract

BMW M135i
I will also guarantee (unless they've changed buisness model alot!) they'll offer to half that price before they'll let you give it back, i've used this tactic to my advantage several times now! Cheques soon some flying as soon as they hear the words "i'd like to return this". But they are a right bunch of cvnts tbh, I just noticed a system to use and exploit it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just tell them you don't like the phone, you don't have to explain why.

Twingo RS Cup
The 8250 is basically the lesser spec'd one i think too mate. The 9500 (new bold) is the newest one, they should have atleast give you that or the new storm. My mate at P4U says there bringing out a new berry too :S

Titanium 182
First rule of getting a mobile contract.

Never ever ever ever. EVER, get it from phones 4U.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
first off the 9700 bold 2 is what you want, secondly, research before you buy and you won't have this kind of issue. who the hell would trust those monkeys anyway