ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Feels like im going to skid out

i just got my clio sport 172 few days ago but i have an issue. when im driving sometimes the back right wheel feels like its going to skid out and im worried, does anyone have idea what it could be? please
frown.gif

they are fine, had then checked out and even put some new/better tyres on to make sure....also its usually straight line like on the motorway to uni, i can't go in fast lane incase i skid out :(

right ok, its the right back wheel and it does a little wiggle usually...its been lowered so it could be a problem with the springs.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Bearings? Suspsension arm not bolted in tight?

Jack the car up and move the wheel back and forth to see if it's loose?

If it was bearings there's normally a loud groaning/whirring noise at 40mph+ in my experience.

It's A Reno
Does it feel like it twitches out by an inch or two, particularly on bumps and road undulations?

mps aero
when i was going round roundabouts it felt like the car was going to slide out. it was almost like that dropping feeling you get in an elavator. the left rear shock had gone. changing it stopped the problem.

yeh it felt like a twitch and yeh like the elevator thing....so im guessing general consensus is leaking shock...because the other side looks new but the dodgy side shock had oil on it and looks old so it coul be leeking...thanks guys :)

big boost cup
i had the same problem in mine gets quite scary in the wet i just got a new pair of dampers and that solved the problem for me

lol like the picture...the funny feeling side's shock looks like what you have in the pic and the other side looks new. ive got my car booked in tomorrow to get the shock changed so i'll let you guys knw if it fixes my prob

PH1 Clio 172
Could be a leaking shock

I had the same issue! lol . when i first bought my Clio when corning the back end felt like jelly and as if it would lose control and skid out... turned out it was a leaking shock... replaced both rear shocks and it has been perfect ever since!