ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

few clios at yorkdragway on sunday 31-8-09

None
I was there running on the 31st but that was monday not sunday, the only other clio running on the monday was a stripped out roll caged williams which was getting runs a whole two seconds better than me.....and everyone else in my class :)

My FF182 was getting 15.9 at best which was the same as a carlton gsi and a stripped out pug 205 gti.
brilliant fun though, i would recommend it to anyone and it doesn't really matter about times either,when you are sat there with a crash helmet on and a few hundred people watching then times are the last thing on your mind, one guy was running his standard bettle and getting 21 second runs :)

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
^^^Glad you enjoyed it fella! Now that you have managed a 15.9 you have set yourself a target to beat next time you go. After all, it's not about who/what you are racing against, it's against the clock!

None
^^^Glad you enjoyed it fella! Now that you have managed a 15.9 you have set yourself a target to beat next time you go. After all, it's not about who/what you are racing against, it's against the clock!

Cheers mate, one area i could definately improve on is reaction time, over five runs i got a 1.2 second reaction time....not good!
I'm having a sports cat fitted soon and i'll put a panel filter in so maybe when i run in october i might get a little of the time, the 15.9 was a one off, my other times were in the 16.2's mainly :(

Nippy white cup
Don't worry about your reaction times fella...they don't add to your overall so just concentrate on getting your launch right...no aircon or tractin control on I assume?

Chris

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate, one area i could definately improve on is reaction time, over five runs i got a 1.2 second reaction time....not good!
I'm having a sports cat fitted soon and i'll put a panel filter in so maybe when i run in october i might get a little of the time, the 15.9 was a one off, my other times were in the 16.2's mainly :(

^^^Top tip from me doing the 1/4 mile at Crail.........go when the light is amber! I'm sure you will get that time down next time you are on the 1/4 mile.

16v AX
dunno if anyone saw me on the monday but i was running in my white AX

managed a personal best too of 14.5 so i was well happy :)

None
Don't worry about your reaction times fella...they don't add to your overall so just concentrate on getting your launch right...no aircon or tractin control on I assume?

Chris
Funny you should mention that :eek: the first run i forgot to turn traction control off and the launch was a disaster....hence 16.9 seconds, i remembered after that :)

None
dunno if anyone saw me on the monday but i was running in my white AX

managed a personal best too of 14.5 so i was well happy :)

Yeah i saw you mate :), your's has the spoiler on the top of the back window right?......if so i think i got one or two of your runs on camcorder, my mate was there filming for me.

White Evo V
I managed a 15.01 in my 172 a couple months ago at york, when it was running 162.9bhp. Keep trying, im sure you can beat a 15.9!

None
Looks like i went on the wrong day :) i went on the monday and was the only only RS clio running.